Psalm 42:8 By day the Lord will command his gracious love, and by night his song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.
Sunday, January 16, 2022
Learning Key Steps to Worship
We are pleased to have Mark Goodwin teach the CUC class for the next 2 Sundays. He will return this Sunday for the second of his 3 week series.
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, January 9
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
- Dick Anthony as he recovers from jaw surgery. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Margie Avery – Went to the hospital again on Thursday, but then returned back to rehab. She appreciates all the cards and texts and attention from CUC members during this difficult time.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she recovers from her latest chemo.
- Patricia Lanham who is having carpal tunnel surgery on her right hand next Monday, the 17th
- Julia Wilson on the loss of her husband Doug following a long a battle with Alzheimers. Memorial service this Friday 11:00. His Obituary.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke. He sends his love to all!
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – who both are having multiple health issues.
- Mary Kay Mills as she continues treatment and physical therapy, gaining back her strength
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Betty Smith at The Georgian Lakeside
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts. She greatly appreciates our prayers.
Pray also for our Caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Julian Belote – January 17
- Jim McCormick – January 17
- Gannett and Sister Backus – January 22, 1972, Birmingham, AL, 50 years!
CUC Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From Jacob Crane:
Here are the Take – Out menus for January 18th and January 20th 12:00-2:00:
- Tuesday: Beef Bourguignon, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie, Pickled Veggie Salad, Fresh Fruit.
- Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Check back later in the week for more options!
- Ham Pasta Cacciatore, Mac and Cheese,
- Jerk Chicken w/ Rice Pilaf,
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Collard Greens, Beef Chili w/ Rice Pilaf.
- Frozen Soups$4 (3 for $10) Chicken Noodle Soup
Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend; we hope to see you next week!
Wednesday Night Supper will be back next week as well. We have changed the price a little to $10 to reflect the increased food cost demands. This week we will be Serving:
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin w/ an Apple Cider Jus and Rice Pilaf,
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin w/ Apple Cider Jus, Rice Pilaf, Vegetable Medley, Yeast Roll,
- Featured Salad Bar, and Tomato Bisque,
- Chocolate Cake, Assorted Cookies!
We encourage you to dine in and enjoy the fellowship, but we understand that many of you feel more comfortable taking food home, so take out containers will be set up and available for anyone.
Support for Our Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- Feb 22 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea
“But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere — in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Sunday, December 30, 2018
We are fortunate this Sunday to have a very special guest to bring our lesson which will add insight and meaning to our scripture verse above.
Courtney Cox, granddaughter of Linda and Jim Boswell, will share her perspectives gained from a year long experience with Adventures in Mission. During her time with Adventures In Missions, she basically traveled around the world and had opportunities to interact with other cultures and people groups as they presented the gospel and offered hope in very diverse situations. Courtney’s presentation will help us appreciate how young people are making themselves available to go to the ends of the earth, as Jesus commanded.
Come prepared to be blessed and challenged!!
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Sandy & George Martin and Rose & Jim Lappe
Sunday, December 23
87 members + 5 visitors = 92
Sunday, December 23
Plans for this Sunday, December 30
CUC will meet as usual. There is only ONE worship service on Sunday, December 30 at 11:00 in the sanctuary.
CUC Ronald McDonald House Support
Nancy Wright reports that she recently took 27 pounds of pop tops collected by CUC members to one of Atlanta’s two Ronald McDonald Houses.
Since 2010 pop tops have provided a total of $133, 000 toward these Ronald McDonald houses which have provided lodging every year for over 2000 families of ill or injured children. It seems like such a little thing to do, to take tops off of can tops, but $133,000 in 8 years is not insignificant!!
As you make your year-end donations to the RUMC Foundation, don’t forget the CUC Endowment.
New Bible Studies in 2019
Start the new year off by re-engaging with your faith through participating in one of the many RUMC Bible studies! New studies will begin in January, with offerings almost every day of the week, both morning and evening. All are welcome; no previous study required!
For more information, pick up the Spring 2019 Discipleship Guide, available throughout the church, or visit rumc.com/biblestudies
SEL Winter Session
Registration is ongoing for SEL’s Winter Session which runs from Jan. 8 – Feb. 28th on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
SEL offers 23 different classes and the $50 fee covers taking as many classes as you like. Registration can be done online at www.selroswellga.org or you can mail in a paper copy. See Bonnie White for a brochure or call for more details.
- Claudia Phelps – Dec 30
- Donna Grosse – Dec 31
- Vince Grosse – Dec 31
- Gloria Stadler – Jan 3
- Sandy Martin – Jan 3
- Susan Emmons – Jan 3
- Norma Hills – Jan 5
- Sue Waite – Jan 5
- Lynne and Dave Roberts – Jan 3, 1961 – 58 years !
- Barbara Davis – who is suffering from Shingles which has affected her eye. She is seeing a corneal specialist.
- Shirley May – for relief of Shingles pain
Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Jim Boswell is celebrating 3 months out from his successful major heart surgery
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.