Tag Archives: CUC Newsletter
CUC Newsletter – December 7, 2018
Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us.
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Mary and Joseph; The World As They Knew It
Bill Griffin will be teaching our second Advent lesson this Sunday. The title of the lesson is “Mary and Joseph; The world as they knew it.”
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Sue & Hugh Gardner and Pat & Grady Phillips
Sunday, December 2
96 members + 1 visitor = 97 total
CUC treasurer Charlie Mason reports that the CUC Class has received a check for $1000 from the RUMC Foundation to support our work on MUST Ministries’ summer lunch program. These funds will provide a foundation for our 2019 summer efforts.
CUC Christmas Party
The annual CUC Christmas Party was a great success. With 116 people in attendance, it was the largest one ever.
Thanks goes to MariAnna Brown, Garlinn and Mike Storey, Jeff Coelho , who was MC for the evening, Adam Coelho, Jeff’s son, who did photography, and Patricia Mashburn who did the table decorations, along with other members of the Fellowship Committee who helped make the evening a success. (Also thanks to all who contributed all the fun gifts for swapping.)
Open House at Wright’s
December 14 is the annual open house at the Nancy & Johnie Wright’s, 6:00-11 PM.
Please bring finger type appetizer or dessert to share. Carpool if possible and park on sidewalk side of street only.
SEL Winter Session
Registration has begun for SEL’s Winter Session which runs from:
Jan. 8 – Feb. 28th on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
SEL offers 23 different classes and the $50 fee covers taking as many classes as you like. Registration can be done online at www.selroswellga.org or you can mail in a paper copy. See Bonnie White for a brochure or call 770-587-3750 for more details.
Poinsettias for the Sanctuary
Help decorate the Sanctuary for Advent by ordering a poinsettia to honor or remember someone special in your life.
- Complete an order form located in the South Lobby, Sanctuary building, or the Main Office, Chapel building.
- Place it in the offering plate or return it to the Main Office along with a check for $16 made out to RUMC and marked “Altar Guild Poinsettia.”
Poinsettias may be picked up in the Sanctuary on Monday, Dec. 24, following the 6 p.m. worship service. Order deadline is Monday, Dec. 10. Information: Pat Kelley, 770.993.6218
Christmas Festival Concerts
Christmas Festival Concerts are this Friday, Dec. 7, at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 9, at 3 p.m. Tickets are FREE but required for seating.
Evening in Bethlehem
On Saturday, December 15, Journey through an indoor re-enactment of an authentic first-century marketplace, then praise with the shepherds, rejoice with the angels, and bow down with the Magi as we experience the Christmas story together.
- The marketplace will be open from 4-6:30 p.m. in the Dining Room.
- Presentation of the Nativity will be at 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
This is a free event for all ages and is open to the community; tickets are not required, but reservations are necessary to ensure an open seat. A suggested donation of $10 per family is appreciated. Reservations: rumc.com/rkevents
Hurricane Relief Training
There will be an Emergency Response Team training event on Saturday, Dec. 8, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in the Dining Room, Chapel building.
To register for the training event or to indicate your interest in a particular area, go to rumc.com/disaster-relief-trips. If you are interested in being a part of the Panama City trip Dec. 13-16 or for more information, please contact Rev. Marion Brown, email@example.com.
Service of Remembrance
All are invited to gather on Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the Service of Remembrance to remember those we miss. Gather in the Chapel at 6:30 p.m., the service begins at 7 p.m.
- Hugh Gardner –Dec 10
- Sharon & Tom Erdman –December 13, 1959 – 59 years!
- Shirley May – for relief of Shingles pain which has been severe enough to require brief hospitalization this past week
- Jim Adcock, Pat and Ron Peterson, and Malone and Charlotte Dodson , who have been among the missing, were able to attend the CUC Christmas party.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Dec. 7, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 9, 3 p.m. – Christmas Festival Concerts
- Dec. 11 – 6:30 pm – Service of Remembrance
- Dec. 14 – Wright’s Open House
- Dec. 16 – 3 PM – 13th Annual MOS Messiah Sing-a-long
You must be logged in to post a comment.