“God saw all that he made: and it was very good”
Sunday, October 18, 2020
A Message to the Hebrews: the New Covenant!
Our own Tom Knight is our CUC speaker this Sunday. Tom always brings us a well-prepared and thought-out lesson. His topic title is “A Message to the Hebrews: the New Covenant!”. The scripture for the lesson is
Matthew 27:50,51; “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom….
CUC Sunday School Class on Zoom following Speaker
Thank goodness for Zoom! We had 84 participants last Sunday including our teacher. This Sunday will be the 29th Sunday we have met on Zoom!
Online Attendance Register for SS Classes
Be sure that you register your attendance –online at: www.rumc.com/connect-card and select the event that you are attending to register. Even if you are attending CUC on Zoom you should register your attendance. Sunday School – 9:30 am”. When you chose the time that our class normally meets, the system will then automatically connect your attendance to the CUC class.
A Note from CUC President
Stop for a moment and consider, every morning you get a gift from God: a new beginning in the form of 24 unused hours. God simply hands you a silent expression of his divine love, a pristine new day full of promise and the chance to right the wrongs in your life. You can use the day to tell your family you love them, chase a dream, solve a nagging problem….or not. God provides the gift. How you use it is up to you. People often talk about starting over or making a new beginning. God gives you the chance today to make things right-and that includes your relationship with God. (Excerpts from Daily Devotions by Ed McMinn)
As we move toward Nov 1 and the return (for some of us) to the RUMC campus for Sunday school and Worship services, we are training some members who will be attending Sunday School in person, on the new A/V equipment. Doug ordered the equipment this week so we will be ready to go on Nov 1.
Praise the Lord and go Dawgs,
Message from Doug Tatom
We now have over 100 Sunday School Lessons posted on our CUC Podcast.
I plan to have all ten years of our Sunday School lessons on the Podcast.
Fun Facts: There have been over 2,100 listens, Who Listens: within = US: 71%, Germany: 10%, France 10%, Ireland 3%, and the rest worldwide. Want to go back and re-listen to a Lesson? Give it a try!
- Jim Adcock – dealing with various medical issues while preparing for necessary replacement of painful hip now scheduled for October 20, this coming Tuesday
- Sister Backus – as she has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease
- Myra Belote – as she awaits surgery in early November for breast cancer
- Malone Dodson as he undergoes Aortic Valve Replacement this Tuesday, October 20th
- Jeannie Ehlers – pray for her as she recovers from chemo and complications. She remains in the hospital but is improving slowly after a difficult week.
- Bob Hamilton scheduled to have badly needed hip replacement surgery on October 21st
- Mary Kay Mills recovering at home following lengthy hospital stay for treatment of leukemia
- Deidra Morrison, sister of Vince Grosse, who still needs prayers for a good recovery from colon cancer surgery.
- Susan Ouzts family friend of the Grosses, who is undergoing the 7th & 8th round of chemo prior to surgery for pancreatic cancer
- Dick Anthony – as he continues to deal with health problems.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Pat Deaton and her daughter Lara who is having a challenging time caring for her
- Betty and Don Gay – at home with daily help of caregiver
- Shirley May still recovering with post-shingles neuropathy
- Edna Smith as she deals with increasing problems with Parkinson’s Disease
- Pat Stamps suffering with a severe case of Shingles
- Stan & Virginia Thomason – Virginia has palliative Hospice Care to assist Stan in caring for her. Stan looks forward to calls from CUC members.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made, especially at this difficult time with the Corona virus! Special prayers for CUC members who have had severely limited outside contacts for these past few months due to Covid-19 risk. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the reopening of churches.
New address for Earnie Robertson:
Please see his new address on the CUC Contacts app
Betty Robertson’s obituary can be read at
CUC Cares and Concerns
Since we will still not be meeting together it is important that we keep those CUC prayers coming. Please send prayer requests and updates to Sue Waite
23rd Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
Thanks to all the CUC members who assisted in making the 2020 Malone Dodson annual golf tournament a success. It was a great day all around and it was good to see Malone there!
Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
Jane and Greg Davidson are celebrating 13 years in ministry and mission with Believe Ministries, using Greg’s theatrical illusions, music and multi-media to win hearts for Christ. For the past several years, they have hosted an annual Benefit Celebration at RUMC. Many CUC’ers came for an exciting night of entertainment, message, and a chance to give support to their work.
With all the challenges that the Covid virus has brought to all mission work, they feel it’s even more imperative to find new ways to getting the gospel message to the world…virtually. They are inviting you to an event: The Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration “Abra-ca-ZOOM”, a magically fun “God Night”, Thursday, November 12, 7 PM, a private event by Zoom invitation link. It will include comedy, magic, music and message, with an opportunity to support Believe Ministries. There will be an on-line auction too…that will include by popular demand, the “MagicBoy BBQ dinner and entertainment for 8”. They are still accepting auction items.
You are invited to request an invitation packet (with raffle prize tickets) that will result in the ZOOM invitation link for the program itself. Do this by clicking on this web link for the Believe invitation page, click on the red button “send my packet” https://tinyurl.com/Believe-VIP-Invite
Or, send Jane at a direct email request for your invitation packet. Please include your mailing address, email address, and the name that you use to zoom.
My Neighbor’s Pantry
My Neighbor’s Pantry continues Reminder: Drop-offs are on Mondays 12:00-2:00 PM. Please only drop-off donations during this time. Pull up to the Fellowship Hall, honk your horn, and a masked volunteer will get items from your car. THANK YOU!!
RUMC Weekly “To Go” Menu
We are still getting praise from numerous people every day; everybody is so thankful for this service. Thank you all for all of your continued efforts in keeping the community here at RUMC informed of weekly menu options.
The RUMC Hospitality team is still preparing these convenient, delicious, affordable meals every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM. Pick up meals at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are just $5.00. No need to pre-order unless you plan to pay by credit card. To pay by card, please click the link below. Online orders are closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 10:00 am – 5:00 pm., but open at all other times.
Place your order here for any of next week’s hot meals or pre-order some of our delicious frozen meals:
Here is the menu for October 20th, October 21st, and October 22nd:
- Tuesday: Korean BBQ Beef w/ Sesame Chive Rice, Asian Slaw, Sesame Roll.
- Wednesday: Chicken, Shrimp, Andouille Sausage Jambalaya, Green Beans and Carrots, Corn Bread.
- Thursday: Spaghetti w/ Meaty Mushroom Marinara, Cesar Salad, Garlic Bread.
- Sue Gardner – October 18
- Shirley May – October 18
- Janet Buckley – October 19
- Babs and Shaw Skillings – Oct 22, 1966 – Cincinnati, Ohio – 54 years!
Support for Our Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
You can continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using Amazon Smile. Also register at Publix.com with M-H’s school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
Save the Date
- November 1 – CUC returns to our classroom with livestreaming
- November 12 – 7:00 PM Believe Ministries Benefit “Abra-ca-ZOOM”
The MET Opera – La Clemenza di Tito (Free Live Audio Stream)
The Metropolitan Opera in New York offers free audio livestreams of their shows once a week during the season. If you’re an opera fan or want to check out what all the fuss is about, listen to the show this week which is a Mozart opera of vengeance and forgiveness set during the Roman Empire.
March Madness Continues
The end of the tournament is upon us with the Final Four games tipping off during the week and the Championship games tipping off over the weekend. We don’t know about your brackets, but ours are busted.
⭐ The Best of the Rest
Goodbye March, Hello April. Forekast is only as good as its community and we arguably have the best one out there. Below are some other events we’d like to mention:
Today is International Fun at Work Day, so drop what you’re doing and do something fun with your coworkers. Trivia Games anyone?
There’s no rules on how to celebrate World Party Day, we just all need to do it at the same time.
National Beer Day celebrates the day FDR signed the law allowing the brewing and distribution of beer. Celebrate responsibly.
Brought to you by: https://forkast.news/