For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
Seven Churches of Revelation
The CUC lesson this week will be given by one of our favorite teachers, Bob Fletcher, with the topic of the Seven Churches of Revelation, continuing his very insightful message from last week.
CUC Class Attendance
Sunday, April 30
95 members + 1 teacher = 96
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This week they will be provided by Gloria & Jack Stadler and Sara & Paul Beecham.
First Sunday Chapel Communion Service
This Sunday, May 7, at 8:15 a.m. Rev. Eric Lee will be leading the service in the Chapel. The music will be led by Michael O’Neal, Tom Alderman, and the Prime Time Singers. The message will be a brief reflection on the good work God has created and redeemed us to do. Come be fed and encouraged for the work God has in store for you.
The 3rd Annual RUMC Barbeque is this Sunday 11:30- 1:30 pm on the Commons. BBQ and all the fixin’s from Williamson Bros BBQ. $5 per person suggested donation. RSVP: rumc.com/bbq
CUC Wednesday Night Dinners
CUC Wednesday night dinners will commence on May 10th with the first dinner at Chicagos, 4401 Shallowford Rd, Roswell [MENU] at 5:30 pm. The sign-up sheet will be passed Sunday morning. Questions and additional signups can be directed to Larry Douglas.
Final Report on CUC Love Offering for Custodians
Charlie Mason, CUC Treasurer, provided this final report about the love offering taken recently for the laid-off janitorial staff. CUC class members contributed a total of $4524 for the special offering.
Checks totaling $650 were distributed to each of the seven staff members affected by the layoffs. Our total outlay for this demonstration of caring was $4550.
Foster Care Support
Foster Care Support Foundation is having an Open House and Tent Sale this weekend May 5,6, and 7. On those days in addition to finding good stuff to buy to support the foundation you can tour Foster Care Support Foundation and learn how you can help those 50,000 foster and displaced children served by Foster Care.
Upscale Garage Sale
Garage Sale Extravaganza –Aug. 3-5. Continue gathering your treasures!
August will be here before you know it! Start putting aside your good stuff to sell. Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the fun of working with other CUC and RUMC members helping to put on this big fundraiser for Job Networking.
Small Things Support Our Various Mission Outreaches!
Please continue to save the pull tops from soda cans to support the Ronald McDonald House and bring them in to Nancy Wright.
For Red Bird Missions watch for those boxtops and labels for Betty Hunt
- Lynn Adcock – pray for her as she begins chemo treatment and a course of daily radiation beginning on Monday
- Tom Cantrell – suffering from Spinal Stenosis plus very painful Shingles
- Jackie Hubbard – for a good recovery and relief of pain following her third knee replacement surgery and complications
- Mary Serafina whose sister, Peggy Halpin, passed away yesterday afternoon. She had a massive stroke the day before. She lived Upstate New York. She has been in a weakened condition since she had a severe heart attack 5 years ago. Mary asks: Please pray for her family, especially her husband who was so good to her.
- Wendell – brother of MariAnna Brown – who is suffering from liver failure requiring a liver donor
- Johnie & Nancy Wright – as they travel between very ill family members, mother with bleeding ulcer and Nancy’s brother Everett on Hospice care
Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Frank Magaro – at Brookdale-Neese Road Assisted Living Facility in Woodstock
- Pat Peterson as she continues to deal with health problems
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Beth Hamilton and Sharon Schnackenberg both back to CUC after surgical procedures
- The Honduras team back safely after successful mission trip
- Bob Hamilton – May 7
- Pat Phillips –May 9
- Gayle & George Crolius – May 9, 2001 – 16 years
- Leslie & Jeff Coelho – May 9, 1970 – 47 years
- July 27-30 – “Meet Me In St. Louis”
- Aug. 3-5 – The Upscale Garage Sale
- November 1,2, and 3 – CUC Annual Retreat – Winshape Center, Berry College
A CUC Potluck Dinner and Game Night will be held this coming Monday, November 7 at 5:30 pm at the Peach and the Pork Chop, 12040 Etris Road, Roswell. Please bring your favorite game and your favorite dish to share. Please put your name on your containers and bring serving utensils that are not too valuable.
Desserts will be provided by the social committee. Water will be provided but bring your own beverage of choice. There will be decaf coffee available at the dinner so coffee drinkers no worries about bringing a thermos with coffee!! We have it covered!! Look forward to seeing you!! If you have any questions or wish to be added or removed from the list call MariAnna Brown .
Since Chuck, the owner of the Peach & Porkchop, is kindly allowing us to use the space at no cost, we will have a donation box for anyone who would like to make a donation, a love offering, to Homestretch or the Foster Care Foundation. Please make checks payable to CUC with notation in the memo line to Homestretch or Foster Care.