Joanne S. Ewing
Sunday, November 20, 2016
There will be a memorial service on Monday, Nov. 28, at 11 a.m. in the RUMC Chapel.
Inurnment following in the Garden of Love and then the family will receive friends in the RUMC Parlor and join them for lunch.
Mary Serafina and Steve Covert have decided to postpone their wedding.
Please remove the December 1st party and their January 7th wedding from your calendar.
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Caring for the Temple
The CUC speaker this Sunday is Sidney Moore and he will be speaking on “Caring for the Temple”. Sidney taught CUC back in June. At that time talked about his work with the prisoners of Georgia.
Be sure to thank Norma & David Hills, Jill Caviness, and Jill Head who are providing the CUC refreshments this Sunday.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
**98** members + 1 teacher = 99
Ed. Note: If you have a prayer request or an announcement to be included in the Friday email to the CUC members please forward it to email@example.com by Thursday evening. If there is an urgent request, we can distribute it
There are many announcements that come from RUMC weekly. If you feel any specifically should be included in this CUC newsletter please let the editor know.
Just a reminder… If you have arranged to exchange your Refreshment Provider date with someone else, or if you are unable to provide refreshments on your assigned date please let Wanda or Terry Taylor know. Note: You may view the current quarter’s Refreshment
Provider List on the CUC internet site (www.cucrumc.info) and click on the Refreshment
The special collection for ministries at the CUC potluck supper on Monday night amounted to $715. Most donors specified where their donation should go. Therefore, the allocation will be as follows:
Foster Care Support Group $315
Mentoring Ministries $ 25
Charlie Mason will write checks to these organizations this week.
Being a part of a small group offers great opportunities for study, fellowship,and service. If you would like more information about small groups there will be a short meeting in the back of our classroom (near the piano) at the end of the class this Sunday. Information will be provided for your consideration. Contact persons for Small Groups are Gale & Roger Davis.
Be sure your calendars are marked for our CUC Annual Christmas Party on Wednesday, December 7 . It will be held at Brookfield Country Club. Donna & Vince Grosse are chairing this event. Please sign up on the clipboard passed on Sunday mornings. The cost is $37 per person. Please make checks payable to CUC and in the memo line write “ Christmas Party”.
Lynn Roberts again is providing boxes for the CUC class and collecting the the filled ones for Operation Christmas Child. So it is time to begin collecting good things to place in those boxes to be given to children around the world to let them know they are loved.For information on packing and to get labels go to Operation Christmas Child. The boxes can be returned this week and next week.There will also be an RUMC packing Party for Operation Christmas Child on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 5-7 p.m. in the dining room.
RUMC Job Networking will host a “Mini”Job Fair on Monday, Nov. 14. Some of our class members may know of someone in need of a job. Complete, detailed information can be found on our the website rumcjobnetworking.com.
Someone is needed to pick up bakery items once a month from Publix at Haynes Bridge Rd and deliver to CDA (Child Development Association) on Grove Way. If interested please contact Claudia Phelps.
On Sunday,Dec. 4, share the spirit of giving this Christmas by volunteering to deliver a poinsettia to a home bound RUMC member. Volunteers may pick up a plant in the Sanctuary south lobby after the 8:30, 9:30,or 11 a.m. worship service and be given the info for a shut-in. Contact: De Lee Udelson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 770.261.1741
An RUMC group is going to take a guided holiday tour of the Governor’s Mansion on Thursday, December 8. The mansion will be decorated for Christmas. It’s the perfect way to kick off the holiday season! The group will leave from the church Parlor at 9:15 am and enjoy lunch after the tour at the popular OK Cafe. The tour is free. RSVP to Rachel Turner or email to get your name on the senior day trip email list, email@example.com
Order your Fraser Fir Christmas tree or wreath while supporting RUMC’s student ministry. Sales run through Nov. 27. Pick-up date Dec. 3. Fill out an order form or order through rumc.com/trees.
A Christmas Open House will be held on Saturday, December 17th at Nancy and Johnie Wright’s house, starting at 6PM. Bring a small hors d’oeuvre or dessert. Carpool if possible due to limited parking. Please let the Wrights know if you plan to attend.
- Prayer Requests
- Barbara Davis for comfort as she continues dealing with pain associated with blood clotting disorder
- Joanne Ewing for comfort and relief of pain as chemo is restarted following her latest course of radiation.
- Frank and Betty Magaro who have been moved to a new care facility, Brookdale Nursing Home, 756 Neese Rd, Woodstock, Ga. 30188, tel 770-926-0119. Neese Rd.is on the right of Hwy 92, just past Woodstock Baptist Church.
- As this is Veterans Day weekend, Vince Grosse requests a prayer for the family of Dick Scofield. Dick is a retired 3-star USAF General, and his wife Connie passed away Wednesday from Lewy Body Dementia. Dick was the “Best Boss I ever had,” and Connie and Dick were also good friends. Dick was the Air Force Program manager of the Stealth Fighter and the Stealth Bomber, and later the Commander of Aeronautical Systems Division. Connie was the quintessential “General’s Wife” from a bygone era of the USAF. She was a class act and will be missed by her family and everyone who knew her.
- Please pray for all those who have served in our armed forces and their families.
Pray for our newly elected national leaders and for peace in our politically divided nation.
- Ongoing CUC Prayer Requests
- Pat Peterson as she continues to deal with health problems
- Linda Temples as she has been denied kidney transplant, that she maintains adequate kidney function
Lesleigh & Jeff Coelho on the long-awaited arrival for adoption of a new grandbaby
- Please pray for needs
expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who
are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and difficult
decisions at this time
- Mrs. Pat Cooney – Nov.14
- Judy Hoogstraal – Nov. 15
- Lynn Roberts –Nov. 18th
- Ron Peterson – Nov. 18th
- Sandy Griffin – Nov. 19th
- Marlene & Don MacLeod – Nov. 16,1962
- Wanda & Terry Taylor – Nov. 16, 1991- 25 years!
- Brenda & Bob Burrell –Nov. 17, 1990 –26 years