<*> Please Forgive, I forgot to post this last Friday. <*>
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Happy New Year!
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Phillipians 4:6 (NIV)
CUC Sunday School Class
- Jeannie Ehlers has begun a new chemo recommended by Dr. at MD Anderson at Northside Forsyth. Jeannie and Jim really appreciate all of your prayers for healing.
- David Hills- prayers for good results from his pacemaker installation last week
- Rose Lappe -continue prayers as she also continues chemo
- Edna Smith suffering from progressive Parkinson’s disease. She is now back at Village Park Alpharetta, 555 Wills Road, Alpharetta,30009. She very much appreciates your prayers.
- Laverne Lamb asks for prayers for her daughter Kathy who has another lesion in her brain.
- Stan Thomason, former long-time CUC member, died peacefully on Wednesday. His son Scott was with him. Keep his family in our prayers. Scott Thomason’s address is 114 Sugar Cane Ct, Greer, SC 29650
- Sister Backus– for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Babs Skillings – to have relief of pain
- Pray for the caregivers of those who are ailing.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of lovedones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
(Please help keep your weekly CUC newsletter editor updated as to prayers needed for our fellow CUC members and their families.)
- Sandy Martin-January 3
- Gloria Stadler-January 3
- Norma Hills -January 5
- Sue Waite-January 5
- Sara Beecham-January 6
- Jill Head-January 6
- Dave & Lynne Roberts – January 3, 1961 , West Palm Beach, FL, 61 years
Update from Jacob
Although our Hot Meal Programs are taking a break until January 2023, the RUMC hospitality team and kitchen crew are still cooking up some delicious meals to put in the freezer! Wednesday Night Suppers will return on Wednesday, January 11. We will start a new Sit Down or Take-Home Hot Lunch on Tuesday, January 12. Keep an eye out for upcoming details!
You can still pre-order any frozen meals by clicking the links published each week and frozen meals can be picked up at your convenience between the hours of 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday-Thursday at the RUMC Kitchen.
MUST Neighborhood Pantry
Our next MUST Neighborhood Pantry is on Tuesday, January 3rd!
Rain prevented us from giving out the coffee and children’s pajamas at our last pantry, so we’ll continue collecting these items throughout December and give them out in January! For the Jan 3rd Pantry, we need laundry detergent, feminine hygiene products, coffee (K-cups and bags of ground coffee) and children’s pajamas (all sizes).
We will collect items the day of the pantry 12-4:00 PM. (We’re not collecting this Sunday because it is New Year’s Day). On January 3rd, we’re asking people to drop items off at the Fellowship Hall because we will operate out of the FH for the next three months (because it’s so cold)!
We always need lots of help bagging the produce, which is generally 12:00-3:00 PM. If members of CUC would like to participate, just come on in during that time! They don’t need to sign up.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a
portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
Oct 17- 19, 2023 CUC Fall Retreat