The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26
Sunday, November 13, 2022
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Scott Dickson will be our CUC teacher this coming Sunday and next. He is thinking of starting to write a series of lessons based on his Favorite Hymns – beginning with “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing”. He has chosen this verse: 1 Sam 7:12 (CEB)Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Jeshanah. He named it Ebenezer, explaining, “The Lord helped us to this very point.”
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
International CUC Member
Peter Oliver, CUC’s first international member, was able to attend CUC in person this past Sunday on his visit from his home in France and expressed his appreciation for the CUC Class.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues recovering from her latest chemo
- Rose Lappe – continue prayers as she continues chemo after MD Anderson visit.
- Mary Kay Mills as she recovers from a fall
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Brenda Burrell and her husband Bob Burrell recovering from stroke
- Laverne Lamb to regain her own health and for her daughter, Kathy Acree
- Babs Skillings – pray that with the new procedure she can have relief
- Don and Marlene McCleod are now moved into their new apartment at Village Park Alpharetta
- Edna Smith who is suffering from progressive Parkinsons disease, also at Village Park at Wills Road.
- Pray for the caregivers of those who are ailing.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
(Please help keep your weekly CUC newsletter editor updated as to prayers needed for our fellow CUC members and their families.)
- Mrs. Pat Cooney – Nov 14
- Jim Taylor – Nov 15
- Judy Hoogstraal – Nov 15
- Lynn Roberts – Nov 18
- Ron Peterson – Nov 18
- Sandy Griffin – Nov 19
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – Nov 16, 1962, Watertown, Mass., 59 years!
- Wanda and Terry Taylor – Nov 16, 1991, Roswell Ga, 30 years
- Brenda & Bob Burrell – Nov 17, 1990, Roswell, Ga, 31 years
CUC Christmas Party
Christmas will be here before you know it! And the CUC Christmas Party will be Tuesday, December 6. It will be an evening of food, fun, and fellowship.
Operation Christmas Child!
Lynn Roberts will be gathering the boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Collection will end November 14. So bring in your filled boxes this Sunday. People may also fill a box online at Samaritans Purse, Operation Christmas Child.
Murphy Harpst Christmas
For several years the CUC Class has helped to make Christmas a happy time at Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center. This year a total of 130 young people live at this Methodist therapeutic residential treatment center in Cedartown, GA. Along with other church groups,
CUC provides the only Christmas joy these children enjoy. The best way we can help is to donate money which staff members there will use to purchase items the residents request. In CUC a Christmas basket will be passed around November 13 and 20 to receive our cash and checks.
Make out checks to CUC with Murphy-Harpst on the notation line. Treasurer Charlie Mason’s check for the total amount collected will be sent promptly to M-H. THANK YOU, CUC CLASS!
Wednesday Night Supper
Enjoy our Wednesday Night Supper in the Fellowship Hall each Wednesday evening from 5-7 p.m. CUC always has several tables and the food and fellowship are excellent.
For Wednesday Night Supper November 16, 2022. A Thanksgiving Feast is planned…Roasted Turkey Breast w/ Rosemary Gravy, Herbed Stuffing, Sweet Potato Casserole w/ Pecan Topping, Carrot and Green Bean Vegetable Medley, Fresh Buttered Rolls, Autumn Squash Soup, Featured Salad Bar, Assorted Sliced Pies and Cookies.
The last Wednesday Night Supper of the year will be on Wednesday, December 7, 2022. (We will not have Wednesday Night Supper the day before Thanksgiving 11/23/22).
More from Jacob…..
Although our Take-Out Lunch Program is taking a break until January 2023, the RUMC hospitality team and kitchen crew are still cooking up some delicious meals to put in the freezer! We will also still be hosting Wednesday night Suppers each Wednesday from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm!
You can still pre-order any frozen meals or Wednesday Night Supper by clicking the links below and frozen meals can be picked up at your convenience between the hours of 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday at the RUMC Kitchen.
Wed night supper –https://my.rumc.com/portal/eventsignup.aspx?id=23193
Here are the links to order for this upcoming week:
Frozen Meals week of November 14, 2022 – November 17, 2022:
- Frozen Meals $7 Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast w/ Rice Pilaf
- Frozen Soup $4 (3 pints for $10) Chicken and Rice Soup
- Family Size Frozen Meals $25 (Feeds 8-10) Macaroni and Cheese Family Size
Thanksgiving Pies for Sale
Bobby Dickens’ Pecan and Pumpkin Pies for sale! Take home a delicious Bobby Dickens Pecan or Pumpkin Pie for your holiday dinner! Thanksgiving week, we are offering Bobby Dickens’ pecan and pumpkin pies for sale. $15.00 for Pecan Pie or $10 for Pumpkin Pie. To order, please visit: http://www.rumc.com/widgets/event-details/?id=24447 Orders must be placed by Friday, November 18th.
Pre-purchased pies may be picked up in the Trinity Café on Tuesday, November 22nd from 2 pm – 4 pm or Wednesday, November 23rd from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This will be the only item available for sale so that we can focus on our ministry partner neighbors experiencing food insecurity for the holidays. Thanksgiving meals for purchase will not be offered, but we do look forward to feeding you before and after the Thanksgiving holiday week. Order now to ensure your pie(s) for Thanksgiving!
CUC Ladies Christmas Luncheon
Calling all CUC ladies – It’s time for the CUC ladies Christmas luncheon. This was a great event last year and Babs Skillings and Gale Davis want to continue the fun. Here are the details: Friday December 9 at 11:30 at the Skillings home. Bring a dish to share and the rest will be provided. No RSVP necessary, just come for some Christmas fun. Sorry guys, this is a ladies only event, although Roger will again be the parking attendant and Shaw will be the server.
Celebration of Life Service
For those who remember Marty Fortney, former CUC member…Celebration of Life service for Marty will be held on Thursday, December 1st, at 1:00 p.m. at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Dec. 6 CUC Christmas Party
- Dec. 4 3:00pm = MOS Christmas Concert
- Dec. 9 11:30 – CUC Ladies Christmas Luncheon
- Dec. 9 7:30pm, – Sanctuary Choir Christmas Concert
- Dec. 11 3:00pm – Sanctuary Choir Concert
- Dec. 18 – “Messiah” Sing-a-Long (sponsored by MOS)