Sunday, September 11, 2022
As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;
Where are we now?
Rev. Marion Brown has our CUC lesson this Sunday. She will give us an update on Missions activity for RUMC. Marion is an Associate Pastor Chapel Roswell and is also in charge of RUMC’s missions and service. Her scripture for her lesson is Luke 24:15
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! (and for those with or exposed to Covid. ) CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
New CUC Members
Please welcome our newest CUC members, James (Jim) and Anne Carter
They have been members of RUMC for over 20 years.
Save the Date
The CUC Christmas Party will be December 6 at 6:00 pm at The Metropolitan Club in Alpharetta. The price will include the same lovely venue and delicious food, with some fun holiday activities! You don’t want to miss it!! More details to follow with sign up beginning soon.
CUC Retreat Plans
Please let Sandy Martin know if you have signed up and will be staying “off campus” during the retreat.
- Tom and Linda Cantrell ‘s son, William Cantrell’s memorial service will be this Monday, September 12, at 1:00 in the Chapel with celebration of life immediately after. Pray for the family at this sad time.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she recovers from her latest chemo
- Vince Grosse’s ’s brother, Vern, passed away early this Friday morning. Please keep Vince and Donna and family in your prayers
- Rose Lappe for prayers as she is finished with radiation but has a very low white blood count
- Don and Marlene McCleod as they move to assisted living
- Brenda Burrell’s husband Bob Burrell for good recovery following a stroke
- Laverne Lamb’s daughter, Kathy Acree. Prayers for her and her family as she suffers from lung and brain tumors and recovers from this past week’s additional brain surgery.
- Don & Ann McNew’s son Mike who has been having multiple complications from recent illness
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Gayle Crolius for relief of her chronic back and leg pain
- Babs Skillings – pray that she can have relief of her pain.
- Edna Smith is now at home with the help of caregivers
- Stan Thomason, former CUC member in declining health
- Pray for our caregivers of those who are ailing.
- Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
(Please continue to keep your weekly CUC newsletter editor updated as to prayers needed for our fellow CUC members and their families.)
- Bill and Carey Floyd – September 12, 1964, East Point, GA, 58 years
- Jim and Rose Lappe – September 16, 1968, Grand Rapids, MI, 54 years
Meals-To-Go and Wednesday Night Supper
Information from Jacob:
The RUMC Hospitality Team will be serving up more great meals next week! Our Tuesday/Thursday Hot Lunches are available from 11:30 Am -1:30 PM.(We are still around after that if you need to pick up later). Our freezer is fully stocked up with great meals for the whole family!
September 13th and September 15th:
- Tuesday: Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole, Fresh Fruit, Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Chicken and Smoked Sausage Jambalaya, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans and Carrots, Yeast Roll.
- Frozen Meals ($7) available this week are: Asian Pork Meatballs w/ Vegetable Fried Rice, Buttermilk Fried Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Chicken and Dumplings w/ Wild Rice, Spaghetti Bolognese, Smoked Ham w/ Mac & Cheese,
- Chicken Pot Pie, Braised Pork w/ Garlic Rice
- Frozen Soup $4(3 pints for $10) Black-Eyed Pea Soup
- Family Size Meals ($25) Macaroni and Cheese, Beef Chili, Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken Pot Pie
Enjoy our Wednesday Night Suppers in the Fellowship Hall each Wednesday evening from 5-7 p.m. This Wednesday, September 14th, we are having
- Lasagna Bolognese, Italian Vegetable Medley, Garlic Bread, Vegetable Minestrone, Featured Salad Bar, Triple Chocolate Cake, and Assorted Cookies.
MUST Neighborhood Pantry
Paper towels and bath towels, to be given out along with food and other products from the Pantry in October, can be dropped off in the pantry building on Sundays 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. For more information, contact Scotty Brewington (email@example.com) or Mary Ann Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bad Girls of the Bible
Debbie Goodwin will be teaching a Women’s Bible study based on Liz Curtis Higgs’ book, Bad Girls of the Bible: Character Studies that Share Warnings, Hope, and God’s Unfailing Love. It will meet on Thursdays, September 15 – November 17 (except October 20), 9:45-11:30 in Room 246/248. This is a study about making choices. Using the humor and heart-challenging insights from Liz Curtis Higgs, we’ll gather big lessons about God’s grace and reaching love. Cost is $10 for workbook, available at the first session. Register online at RUMC.com or by contacting Debbie Goodwin.
Seniors Enriched Living
Allen Buckley encourages CUC members to take advantage of the great offerings of The SEL program which begins the 3rd week in September. The classes are offered live on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on Mondays and Wednesdays by Zoom. For more information about the courses and how to register go to selroswellga.org
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Nancy Wright received a letter thanking CUC for the contribution of 150 pounds of flip tops which are worth $5 /pound. Keep up the good work CUC flip top collectors!
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20
- CUC Christmas Party – Tuesday, December 6