My prayer is not for them (my disciples) alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” John 17:20-21 NIV
Sunday, July 24, 2022
Meeting Jesus in Community
Our CUC speaker this week will be Mary Stephens who has been a Missionary with college students in Viña Del Mar, Chile. Her topic is meeting Jesus in the community. We look forward to hearing her message through her experiences in Chile.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! (And for those with or exposed to Covid. )
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
Teacher: 1 (class member)
Please welcome CUC’s newest member – Helen Campbell
CUC SMALL GROUPS
One of the strengths of CUC is the number of members who participate in a small group. If you are not a member of a small group and would like to know about how they are structured and how they operate and would like information please call Gale or Roger Davis.
CUC Wednesday Night Out
If you don’t have the opportunity to sign up in class or have to cancel, please phone or email Ann or Larry Douglas by Tuesday noon.
CUC Fall Retreat
We are looking forward to our 2022 CUC Retreat with the program being led by Michael Cromwell. If you haven’t made your reservations for the retreat, October 18th thru the 20th, and you plan to attend, please do so. We are holding a block with a special rate and location. Please contact The Ridges on Lake Chatuge (706) 896-2262 and follow the prompts . When you make your reservation use block code CUC2022. Please inform them the number of occupants. If you have any problem contact Jim Morman.
The retreat committee hopes we can provide everyone with a memorable experience. The list of attendees has almost reached 50. We will be furnishing y’all with the cost of meals and incidentals. We will keep the cost reasonable and do the best we can . Due to the inflationary times it is difficult to establish a cost this far out. We are very excited and hope we can provide each and every one with a blessed time .
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they settle into their new cottage at Brookdale-Chambrel.
- Lizanne Gibson for good recovery following hip replacement surgery
- Evelyn Hatfield now at Dalton Place. She asks for prayers.
- Bill Lanham for a good recovery following hip replacement Thursday .
- Rose Lappe asks for prayers as she is being treated with radiation
- Marlene McCleod – Pray for good healing after toe amputation.
- Babs Skillings pray that the spinal cord stimulator placed in her back has the desired effect of relief of her pain.
- Please keep Vince Grosse’s ’s brother, Vern, in your prayers as he will undergo a 5-6 hour procedure on Tuesday to destroy cancer cells in his liver. Vince & Donna appreciate all your prayers.
- Don and Ann McNew ‘s son, Mike – pray for continued good recovery now that he is back home
- Cecelia & Bob Mooore’s daughter for recovery from infection + Covid
- Nancy Spence’s son-in-law, Philip Broome, died unexpectedly Tuesday evening of a heart attack. Her daughter Linda and their 3 teenage children are in a state of shock. So all the family would appreciate your prayers.
- Pray for Abigail Bridges, who spoke to our CUC class this past Sunday , as she goes to work in a women’s ministry in the Dominican Republic
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Brenda Burrell’s husband Bob for pain relief
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues to battle cancer.
- Bob Hamilton – pray that he will continue free of problems the cause of which are still a mystery
- Laverne Lamb as she continues her recovery from shoulder surgery.
- Pray for our caregivers of those who are ailing.
- Linda Mooney’s husband Bob has had excellent results from his recent serious heart valve replacement surgery
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Steve Covert – July 27
- Frank Foil – July 30
From the RUMC Kitchen:
Hopefully you are having a great summer and staying cool! We have some great meals in the freezer for you to take home next week. Stop by the kitchen Monday-Thursday from 9-3 to pick up your orders or to just come say hello.
Click on the link below to pre-order some of our convenient frozen meals:
Summer Grocery Program
Donations can be dropped-off at RUMC on Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM or Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House). The biggest needs last week were cereal, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce and laundry detergent. There are also several open volunteer slots including those for “shoppers” to purchase select items in bulk. These purchases are reimbursable. Here’s the SignUp Genius Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084fabad29a31-myneighbors1
To be added to the Pantry’s weekly e-mail list, contact Scotty Brewington (email@example.com) or Mary Ann Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Christmas in July
On this Saturday, July 23, from 9AM to 4PM plan to stop by the Dod to check out crafts and gift items from more than 40 members ( including Carol Kline). All proceeds benefit Friends of Divine Providence Training Center.
The Sound of Music
RUMC’s ActingUp group will be presenting The Sound of Music on:
- Thursday, July 28 at 7 pm ,
- Friday, July 29th at 7 pm, Saturday, July 30th at 6 pm
- Sunday, July 31st at 3 pm.
Sound of Music runs approximately three hours. Be sure you get your tickets on sale from the ActingUp Box office at 678-871-7766 or through iTickets at rumcactingup.com. All seats are just $10. Several CUC members including Gene Osborn have been busily involved in building the stage sets. It promises to be a wonderful performance as usual.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23, 9AM-4PM
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20