This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14
Sunday, July 17, 2022
Praying for Those You Love
We will be having Debbie Goodwin teaching the CUC lesson again this week. Her subject is “Praying for Those You Love”. We are looking forward to her lesson. She will continue to speak based on the scripture…
The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16b
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! (And for those with or exposed to Covid. ) CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
CUC SMALL GROUPS
One of the strengths of CUC is the number of members who participate in a small group. If you are not a member of a small group and would like to know about how they are structured and how they operate and would like information please call Gale or Roger Davis .
CUC Wednesday Night Out
CUC will dine at the Thai House [Menu], 10930 Crabapple Rd., Roswell at 5:30pm on July 20.
We had 22 members enjoying the outing at Chicago’s this past Wednesday. If you don’t have the opportunity to sign up in class or have to cancel, please phone or email – Ann or Larry Douglas by Tuesday noon.
CUC Fall Retreat
We are looking forward to our 2022 CUC Retreat with the program being led by Michael Cromwell. If you haven’t made your reservations for the retreat, October 18th thru the 20th, and you plan to attend, please do so. We are holding a block with a special rate and location. Please contact The Ridges on Lake Chatuge (706) 896-2262 and follow the prompts . When you make your reservation use block code CUC2022. Please inform them the number of occupants. If you have any problem contact Jim Morman.
The retreat committee hopes we can provide everyone with a memorable experience. The list of attendees has almost reached 50. We will be furnishing y’all with the cost of meals and incidentals. We will keep the cost reasonable and do the best we can . Due to the inflationary times it is difficult to establish a cost this far out. We are very excited and hope we can provide each and every one with a blessed time .
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they prepare for a move to Brookdale-Chambrel facility on July 19th.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues to battle cancer. Jeannie thanks everyone for their prayers, cards, and calls.
- Lizanne Gibson for good recovery following hip replacement surgery
- Bob Hamilton – pray that new neurologist will find reason for his problems
- Evelyn Hatfield now at Dalton Place. She asks for prayers.
- Bill Lanham is having a hip replacement next Thursday , the 21st of July
- Rose Lappe asks for prayers as she is being treated with radiation
- Marlene McCleod – Pray for good healing after toe amputation.
- Babs Skillings pray that the spinal cord stimulator for pain relief placed in her back has the desired effect.
- Don and Ann McNew ‘s son, Mike off dialysis and out of ICU
- Donna & Vince Grosse ask for continued prayers for Vince’s brother Vern who is responding well to treatment for liver cancer.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Laverne Lamb as she continues her recovery from shoulder surgery.
- Pray for our caregivers of those who are ailing.
Brenda Burrell reports that her husband Bob’s pain has been relieved. Thank you for your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- P.D. May – July 18
- Edna Smith – July 20
- Linda Cantrell – July 22
- Kathy Carpenter – July 22
- Bettie Goss – July 23
- P.D. and Shirley May – July 19, 1958, Atlanta, GA, 64 years!
From the RUMC Kitchen:
Hopefully you are having a great summer and staying cool! We have some great meals in the freezer for you to take home next week. Stop by the kitchen Monday-Thursday from 9-3 to pick up your orders or to just come say hello.
Click on the link below to pre-order some of our convenient frozen meals:
Here is what we have available for sale now, but check back next week for more options!
Frozen Meals $5 – Mediterranean Beef and Pork Stew w/ Seasoned Rice, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Parmesan w/ Spaghetti, Roasted Cuban Pork Loin w/ Black Beans and Rice. Frozen Soup $4 (3 pints for $10) Beef Cabbage Roll Soup
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Summer Grocery Program
My Neighbor’s Pantry will be open this Monday (July 18th). There are two weekly pantries left – July 18th and July 25th. After that, the pantry will return to a monthly model beginning August 1st and running the first Monday of each month. For July 18th, our biggest needs are cereal and laundry detergent. Donations can be dropped-off at RUMC on Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM or Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House).
SignUp Genius link for volunteers: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084fabad29a31-myneighbors1. For more information, contact Scotty Brewington (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Ann Bender (email@example.com).
Christmas in July
On Saturday, July 23, from 9AM to 4PM plan to stop by the Dod to check out crafts and gift items from more than 40 members ( including Carol Kline). All proceeds benefit Friends of Divine Providence Training Center.
The Sound of Music
RUMC’s ActingUp group will be presenting The Sound of Music on Thursday, July 28 at 7 pm , Friday, July 29th at 7 pm, Saturday, July 30th at 6 pm, and Sunday, July 31st at 3 pm. Sound of Music runs approximately three hours. Be sure you get your tickets on sale from the ActingUp Box office at 678-871-7766 or through iTickets at rumcactingup.com. All seats are just $10. Several CUC members including Gene Osborn have been busily involved in building the stage sets. It promises to be a wonderful performance as usual.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23, 9AM-4PM
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20