The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16b NLT
Sunday July 10, 2022
Praying for Those you Love
We will be having Debbie Goodwin teaching the CUC lesson the next two weeks. Her subject this week is “Praying for Those you Love”. We are looking forward to her lessons.
CUC SMALL GROUPS
One of the strengths of CUC is the number of members who participate in a small group. If you are not a member of a small group and would like information about how they are structured and how they operate, there will be a short meeting immediately after Sunday School this Sunday (July 10). We will meet in the back of the room near the piano. If you are unable to attend and would like information please call Gale or Roger Davis.
CUC Wednesday Night Out
If you don’t sign up in class and can attend, please notify Larry Douglas by Tuesday noon.
CUC Fall Retreat
We are looking forward to our 2022 CUC Retreat with the program being led by Michael Cromwell. If you haven’t made your reservations for the retreat, October 18th thru the 20th, and you plan to attend, please do so. We are holding a block with a special rate and location. Please contact The Ridges on Lake Chatuge (706) 896-2262 and follow the prompts . When you make your reservation use block code CUC2022. Please inform them of the number of occupants. If you have any problem contact Jim Morman .
The retreat committee hopes we can provide everyone with a memorable experience. The list of attendees has almost reached 50. We will be furnishing Y’all with the cost of meals and incidentals. We will keep the cost reasonable and do the best we can . Due to the inflationary times it is difficult to establish a cost this far out. We are very excited and hope we can provide each and everyone with a blessed time .
- Brenda Burrell requests prayers for relief of Bob’s ongoing pain.
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they prepare for a move to Chambrel
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues to battle cancer.
- Bob Hamilton – pray that new neurologist will find reason for his problems
- Evelyn Hatfield now at Dalton Place She asks for prayers.
- Rose Lappe asks for prayers as she is being treated with radiation
- Marlene McCleod had amputation of her antibiotic-resistant infected toe this week. Pray for good healing.
- Babs Skillings pray that the spinal cord stimulator placed in her back for pain relief has the desired effect.
- Don and Ann McNew provide the following update on the status of their son, Mike’s, condition following his esophagus ailment which occurred while visiting his daughter and son-in-law in Champaign IL: Mike’s condition continues to improve although he remains in ICU in Memorial Hospital in near-by Carbondale He is feeling much better now but continues dialysis treatment as a result of damage to his kidneys caused by the impairment of his esophagus. We appreciate your loving, prayerful support and ask for your continuation as it means so much especially as we remain in Carbondale with Mike. Blessings on each of you.
- Pray for the friends and family of Mimi Taylor who passed away on Wednesday after a long bout with leukemia.
- Donna & Vince Grosse ask for continued prayers for Vince’s brother Vern who is responding well to treatment for liver cancer.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Laverne Lamb as she continues her recovery from shoulder surgery. She appreciates your cards and notes.
Pray for our caregivers of those who are ailing.
Please help the CUC newsletter editor – Sue Waite – keep up to date on these prayer requests. Don’t think someone else will do it! (They often don’t!)
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Craig Simons – July 11
- Malone Dodson – July 15
- Jack Stadler – July 15
- John and Lenna Sharp, July 11, 1964, Mayodan, NC, 58 years !
- Vince and Donna Grosse, July 11, 1965, Scottsboro, AL, 57 years !
- Larry and Betty Hunt, July 13, 1963, Opelika, AL, 59 years!
From the RUMC Kitchen:
We have been busy in the kitchen this week stocking up the freezer w/ some new frozen meal options. Our freezer is stocked up with meals ready for you to take home. Reserve meals by ordering online through the link below, or just stop by the kitchen between 9-3 Monday through Thursday. Use link to sign up and pay via credit card:
You can find the link through http://www.rumc.com/wednesday/ also
Summer Grocery Program
The Pantry is BACK this Monday (July 11th). Donations can be dropped-off at RUMC on:
- Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM
- Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM
at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House). For July 11th, the biggest needs are:
cereal, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, and laundry detergent. There are also several open volunteer slots for July 11th including those for “shoppers” to purchase select items in bulk. These purchases are reimbursable. Here’s the SignUp Genius Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084fabad29a31-myneighbors1
Christmas in July
On Saturday, July 23, from 9AM to 4PM
plan to stop by the Dod to check out crafts and gift items from more than 40 members ( including Carol Kline). All proceeds benefit Friends of Divine Providence Training Center.
The Sound of Music
RUMC’s ActingUp group will be presenting:
The Sound of Music on Thursday, July 28 at 7 pm , Friday, July 29th at 7 pm, Saturday, July 30th at 6 pm, and Sunday, July 31st at 3 pm.
Sound of Music runs approximately three hours. Be sure you get your tickets on sale from the ActingUp Box office at 678-871-7766 or through iTickets at rumcactingup.com. All seats are just $10. Several CUC members have been busily involved in building the stage sets. It promises to be a wonderful performance as usual.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23, 9AM-4PM
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20