As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him. Psalm 103:13
Sunday June 19, 2022
Happy Father’s Day!
Pete (and Scott) Ruin Leviticus
Scott Dickson has our lesson again this Sunday. Scott has given the lesson this rather unusual title of “Pete (and Scott) Ruin Leviticus”. He is using the scripture of Leviticus 1:1-2a, from the Robert Alter translation.
“And He called to Moses and the Lord spoke to him from the Tent of Meeting, saying, “Speak to the Israelites”.
Scott always brings us an interesting lesson.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home and for those with or exposed to Covid.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
- June 12
- Members: 34
- Visitors: 1
- Teacher: 1
- Zoom: 34
- Total: 70
CUC Wednesday Night Out
CUC’ers will dine at Slopes BBQ [MENU] at 5:30pm June 22, 34 East Crossville Rd., Roswell.
We had 19 dining at Papa & Beers this past Wednesday.
If you don’t sign up in class and can attend this Wednesday, please notify Larry Douglas by Tuesday noon.
- Kathy Carpenter on the death of Bob Carpenter on June 14. He had been in failing health.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she begins a new treatment with special chemo capsules. Jeannie thanks everyone for their prayers, cards, and calls.
- Bob Hamilton is home and Beth reports a new neurologist may have discovered the cause of these attacks. They pray that she will find the answer to his problem. Prayers please, and love to all.
- Evelyn Hatfield again hospitalized with heart issues
- Rose Lappe asks for prayers as she has a low white blood cell count, and a tumor on her spine which will be treated with radiation
- CUC Members who have tested positive for the Covid virus. May their symptoms be mild and may they soon feel well again with complete recovery.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus- for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they anticipate a move to Chambrel
- Laverne Lamb as she continues her recovery from shoulder surgery. She appreciates your cards and notes.
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex as he finishes his time teaching in Georgia and heads home
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family whose home is in Warsaw.
- Thank you for your continued prayers after Susan Outz’s T-cell replacement for pancreatic cancer and also for Vince Grosse’s brother Vern’s radiation implants for liver cancer.
- Pray for our caregivers of those who are ailing.
- Pray also for those who continue to mourn the loss of loved ones.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnessesand important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Mary Jennings – June 21
- Julia Wilson – June 21
- Lizann Gibson – June 25
- Bill and Patsy Lanham – June 20, 1964, Knoxville, TN, 58 years!
- Bob and Cecelia Moore – June 20, 1970, Camden, SC, 52 years
- Allen and Janet Buckley -June 22, 1991, Roswell, GA, 31years
From the RUMC Kitchen:
We hope you all have a great summer! The RUMC Kitchen won’t have hot meals this summer, but we will have plenty of frozen options available for you. You can order ahead online or just stop by any time to chat and pick up a meal or two from the kitchen. The kitchen staff will be working on additional frozen meals each week so check back often to see what we have available.
Here is the link to our Frozen Options for next week:
- Frozen Meals $5 –
- Chicken Pot Pie,
- Country Fried Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy,
- Southern Corn Succotash, Brisket Fried Rice, Lasagna Bolognese
- Frozen Soup $4 – (3 pints for $10)-
- Potato and Leek Soup,
- Brunswick Stew,
- Beef Cabbage Roll Soup
- Order Online
Summer Grocery Program
MUST Summer Lunch & My Neighbor’s Pantry are BACK for 2022, providing free groceries and easy lunch items for children and families in our community! We expect to serve between 200-250 families each week.
The program runs every Monday in June and July (except for July 4th). Donations can be dropped off at RUMC on:
Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM or Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House). There are many in-person volunteer opportunities. To volunteer to help with the program go to SignUp Genius.
To learn more contact Scotty Brewington or Mary Ann Bender.
|Cereal||Blocks of cheese (or bags of shredded cheese)|
|Hot dogs||1 lb. bags of yellow rice|
|1 lb. bags of black beans||Spaghetti/pasta sauce|
|laundry detergent||feminine hygiene products|
Patriotic Celebration Concerts
Patriotic Celebration Concerts are coming up soon,
- Friday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. and
- Sunday, June 26 at 3 p.m.
- with complimentary tickets available in the main office and Worship Arts office.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Patriotic Celebration Concerts – Friday, June 24 , 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 26 ,3 p.m.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20