In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
African Missionary Ancestors
Scott Dickson has our lesson June 12th and 19th. His title for June 12th is “African Missionary Ancestors”. His scripture is Matthew 28:19-20 .
From The Message: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I’ll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! (And for when Covid rears its ugly head!)
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
- Members: 21
- Teacher: 1
- Zoom: 41
CUC Wednesday Night Out
Our dinner last week at the Thai House was cancelled due to low signup because of the Covid epidemic. Hopefully it will be rescheduled later in the summer as it is one of our favorite restaurants.
CUC has a dinner reservation for June 15 at 5:30 pm at Papas & Beer [MENU], 12050 Etris Rd., Roswell. This is a California Mexican restaurant, recommended by a classmate, that is located in Sweet Apple Village close to Peach & Porkchop.
If you don’t sign up in class and can attend, please notify Larry Douglas: phone or email by Tuesday noon.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she starts a new treatment with special chemo capsules to address existing and additional issues. Jeannie thanks everyone for their prayers, cards, and calls.
- Laverne Lamb as she recovers from shoulder surgery.
- Rose Lappe asks for prayers as she has a low white blood cell count, and a tumor on her spine which will be treated with radiation
- CUC Members who have tested positive for the Covid virus. May their symptoms be mild and may they soon feel well again with complete recovery
- Linda Cantrell requests: Will you please add Mark Turner son of our good friends, David and Sharon Turner to prayer list. He is fighting Cancer.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they anticipate a move to Chambrel
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex as he finishes his time teaching in Georgia and heads home
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family whose home is in Warsaw.
- Thank you for your continued prayers after Susan Outz’s T-cell replacement for pancreatic cancer and also for Vern Grosse’s radiation implants for liver cancer.
- Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
The service for Margie Avery will be this coming Thursday, June 16, 11:00a.m. in the Chapel
- Bob and Beth Hamilton – June 17, 1961, Pittsburgh, PA, 61 years!
- Craig and Katherine Simons – June 17, 1967, Huntington, NY, 55years!
Thanks to Melissa
Rev. Melissa Kime-Hall has been appointed as Associate Pastor to Covington First UMC beginning on July 1. A church-wide reception will be held this Sunday , June 12, from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall to thank her for four years of ministry at RUMC and celebrate as she goes to her next assignment. Share your best wishes by participating in a love offering by June 19 online.
From the RUMC Kitchen:
We hope you all have a great summer! The RUMC Kitchen won’t have hot meals this summer, but we will have plenty of frozen options available for you. You can order ahead online or just stop by anytime to chat and pick up a meal or two from the kitchen. The kitchen staff will be working on additional frozen meals each week so check back often to see what we have available.
Here is the link to our Frozen Options for next week: https://my.rumc.com/portal/event_signup.aspx?id=23995
- Frozen Meals $5 -Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, Southern Succotash.
- Frozen Soup $4(3 pints for $10) – Potato and Leek Soup, Brunswick Stew
Summer Grocery Program
MUST Summer Lunch & My Neighbor’s Pantry are BACK for 2022, providing free groceries and easy lunch items for children and families in our community! We expect to serve between 200-250 families each week.
The program runs every Monday in June and July (except for July 4th). Donations can be dropped off at RUMC on Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM or Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House). There are many in-person volunteer opportunities. To volunteer to help with the program go to SignUp Genius.Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084FABAD29A31-myneighbors1
Items needed each week include: Cereal, Blocks of cheese (or bags of shredded cheese),Hot dogs,1 lb. bags of yellow rice, 1 lb. bags of black beans, Spaghetti/pasta sauce, laundry detergent, feminine hygiene products, and fresh produce.
To learn more or to be added to the weekly e-mail list, contact Scotty Brewington (email@example.com) or Mary Ann Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Patriotic Celebration Concerts
Patriotic Celebration Concerts are coming up soon, Friday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, June 26 at 3 p.m. with complimentary tickets available in the main office and Worship Arts office.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Reception for Melissa Kime-Hall – June 12, 11:30-2:00
- Patriotic Celebration Concerts – Friday, June 24 , 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 26 ,3 p.m.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20