But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Ephesians 4:7 NIV
An Answer to My Question
We are fortunate to have Rev. Melissa Kime-Hall giving our CUC lesson Sunday. As you know, June 12th is her last day at RUMC. We will miss her.
Her lesson title is “An Answer to My Question”. Her selected scripture is 1 Kings 19:1-20. She suggests that each of us read the scripture prior to the class.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
CUC Wednesday Night Out
Next Wednesday CUC will dine indoors at 5:30 at Thai House [MENU], 10930 Crabapple Rd., Roswell. We had 29 diners at Marlow’s Tavern this past Wednesday.
If you don’t sign up in class and can attend, please notify Larry Douglas: phone or email him by Tuesday noon.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she starts a new treatment with special chemo capsules to address existing and additional issues. Jeannie thanks everyone for their prayers, cards, and calls.
- Laverne Lamb as she recovers from shoulder surgery.
- Lynn Roberts and Gene Osborn have been diagnosed with Covid this week and there may be others we don’t know about. Pray for all with Covid that their symptoms will be mild and they will be back among us soon.
- Linda Cantrell requests: Will you please add Mark Turner, son of our good friends, David and Sharon Turner, to your prayer list. He is fighting Cancer.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they anticipate a move to Chambrel
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex as he finishes his time teaching in Georgia and heads home
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family whose home is in Warsaw.
- Thank you for your continued prayers as we await results from Susan Outz’s T-cell replacement for pancreatic cancer and also for Vern Grosse’s radiation implants for liver cancer.
- Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
The service for Margie Avery will be Thursday, June 16, 11:00 a.m. in the Chapel
- Julianna Goodson – June 7
- Jackie Hubbard – June 7
- Grady Phillips – June 7
- Terry Taylor – June 9
- Jan Ligon – June 11
- John and Claudia Phelps June 8, 1968 , Atlanta, GA, 54 years !
- David and Kris Taylor June 9, 1968 , West Point, NY, 54 years !
- Tom and Martha Knight June 10, 1961, Macon, GA, 61 years !!
Thanks to Melissa
Rev. Melissa Kime-Hall will be appointed as Associate Pastor to Covington First UMC beginning on July 1. A church-wide reception will be held on June 12, from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall to thank her for four years of ministry at RUMC and celebrate as she goes to her next assignment.
Cards and gifts can be dropped off at Martha Graves’ office or the main office, Chapel building by June 9. Share your best wishes by participating in a love offering by June 19 online or label cash and check donations as “Love Offering.”
From the RUMC Kitchen:
We hope you all have a great summer! The RUMC Kitchen won’t have hot meals this summer, but we will have plenty of frozen options available for you. You can order ahead online or just stop by anytime to chat and pick up a meal or two from the kitchen. The kitchen staff will be working on additional frozen meals each week so check back often to see what we have available.
Frozen Meals $5-
- Shepherd’s Pie,
- Chicken Cacciatore w/ White Rice,
- Green Chile Mac and Cheese,
- Southern Succotash.
Frozen Soup $4(3 pints for $10 )
- Potato and Leek Soup.
Here is the link to our Frozen Options for next week: https://my.rumc.com/portal/event_signup.aspx?id=23995
Summer Grocery Program
MUST Summer Lunch & My Neighbor’s Pantry are BACK for 2022, providing free groceries and easy lunch items for children and families in our community! We expect to serve between 200-250 families each week. The program will run every Monday in June and July (except for July 4th). Donations can be dropped off at RUMC on Sundays 8:30-12:30 PM or Mondays 12:00-4:00 PM at The Porch building (formerly the Coffee House).
MUST Summer Lunch/My Neighbor’s Pantry is in a new location this summer – at The Porch building. This means we’ll need to completely change our traffic pattern and show our families the new drive-through route! We will need six volunteers to help us guide families through the new route. If you are available for this exciting job on Monday – the first Monday of the program – please sign up! A new slot for “Traffic” has been added to the June 6th part of the SignUp Genius.
Items needed include: Cereal, Blocks of cheese (or bags of shredded cheese),Hot dogs,1 lb. bags of yellow rice, 1 lb. bags of black beans, Spaghetti/pasta sauce, laundry detergent, feminine hygiene products, and fresh produce.
There are also many in-person volunteer opportunities each Monday of the program. To learn more or to be added to the weekly e-mail list, contact Scotty Brewington (email@example.com) or Mary Ann Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Patriotic Celebration Concerts
Patriotic Celebration Concerts are coming up soon,
- Friday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. and
- Sunday, June 26 at 3 p.m.
with complimentary tickets available beginning Tuesday, May 31, in the main office and Worship Arts office.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Reception for Melissa Kime-Hall – June 12, 11:30-2:00
- Patriotic Celebration Concerts – Friday, June 24 , 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 26 ,3 p.m.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20