Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
James, the Brother of Jesus
Mark Goodwin has our CUC lesson on this coming Sunday. He always brings us a wonderful lesson. His subject is “James, the brother of Jesus“. His scripture is Mark 6:3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
Welcome our new CUC members!
Our newest members are Mike and Joyce Michno
CUC Wednesday Night Out
WNO CUC dinner for June 1 at 5:30 pm will be at Marlow’s Tavern [Menu], 625 W. Crossville Rd., Roswell (next to Pike’s Nursery) at 5:30pm.
(We had 26 diners at Houck’s Grill this past week.)
If you don’t sign up in class and can attend, please notify Larry Douglas: by Tuesday noon.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she rests before going on oral medication regime
- Laverne Lamb as she recovers from shoulder surgery.
- Lynda and Robert Leckie as they begin the process of moving from their home of almost 50 years.
- Jacob Crane – Recovering from tonsillectomy surgery. Thanksgiving that prayers were answered. He is cancer-free!
Message sent from Jacob…. I am recovering great and should be back at church next week! Been a bit of a roller coaster of emotions for my family and myself. I had my tonsils and a softball sized lymph node removed from my throat on Friday. The ent immediately sent out for testing and initial pathology was positive for cancer. Yesterday ent called back and said that pathologist made a mistake and that I am all clear! Not sure who is looking out for me, but chalking it up to many prayers from the VIP family at RUMC!!
So thankful to be part of such a caring and compassionate community.
- Dick Anthony who is doing better with multiple myeloma
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone and Charlotte Dodson as they anticipate a move to Chambrel
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
- CUC family members in harm’s way
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex as he finishes his time teaching in Georgia and heads home
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family whose home is in Warsaw.
- Thank you for your continued prayers as we await results from Susan Outz’s T-cell replacement for pancreatic cancer and also for Vern Grosse’s radiation implants for liver cancer.
- Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Charlotte Boroughs – June 2
- Kris Taylor – June 3
- Louise Booysen – June 4
- Charles Mason – June 4
The Summer Grocery Program
As we learned last Sunday at an excellent presentation for CUC by Scotty Brewington , the Summer Grocery Program is a community program that provides fresh, healthy foods to children and families in Roswell and surrounding areas who find themselves facing food insecurity. We serve over 300 families with this ministry, providing chicken, beef, cheese, milk, butter, tortillas, fresh produce, and more. We also provide items that cannot be purchased with food stamps, as well as staples that are hard to find in most community food banks.
How to Help:
Each week , we will need donations of items. We will collect items in June and July on Sundays, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Mondays, noon – 4:00 p.m.,
WHERE: The Porch, 846 Mimosa Blvd.
We Need Volunteers! There are several opportunities to volunteer in-person every Monday in June and July. These volunteer shifts include: Packing bags of fresh produce for distribution (12:00-2:00 PM), Donation intake and organization (2:00-4:00 PM),Grocery distribution – load groceries into cars/facilitate traffic (4:00-7:00 PM)
Questions? Contact Scotty Brewington (email@example.com) or Mary Ann Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks to Melissa
Rev. Melissa Kime-Hall will be appointed as Associate Pastor to Covington First UMC beginning on July 1. A church-wide reception will be held on June 12, from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall to thank her for four years of ministry at RUMC and celebrate as she goes to her next assignment. Cards and gifts can be dropped off at Martha Graves’ office or the main office, Chapel building by June 9. Share your best wishes by participating in a love offering by June 19 online or label cash and check donations as “Love Offering.”
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Last Take-out Lunches
From Jacob Crane
DRIVE-THROUGH MEALS $5 TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
12:00 PM -2:00 PM
Enjoy our restaurant-quality hot meals instead of cooking! Delicious frozen meals and soups are also available.
May 31st and June 2nd
- Tuesday: Sliced Creole Chicken Breast w/ Red Beans and Rice, Honey Roasted Carrots, Garlic French Bread
- Thursday: BBQ Smoked Turkey Breast, Mac and Cheese, Succotash, Yeast Roll
Frozen Meals $5:
- Shepherd’s Pie,
- Ham Pasta Carbonara,
- Beef Stroganoff w/ Egg Noodles.
Frozen Soup $4(3 pints for $10):
- Potato and Leek Soup,
- Brunswick Stew
This Weekly Meal Service will be on break for summer starting June 3 – August 1. Our final lunch of the Season will be on Thursday, June 2, 2022. We plan to resume lunch services on August 2, 2022! During this time the RUMC kitchen will still be available to provide Frozen Meals and Special Requests!
Patriotic Celebration Concerts
Patriotic Celebration Concerts are coming up soon,
- Friday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. and
- Sunday, June 26 at 3 p.m.
with complimentary tickets available beginning Tuesday, May 31, in the main office and Worship Arts office.
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- Reception for Melissa Kime – Hall-June 12, 11:30-2:00
- Patriotic Celebration Concerts: Friday, June 24 , 7:30 p.m., Sunday, June 26 ,3 p.m.
- Christmas in July Craft Show – July 23
- The Sound of Music – July 28-31
- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament – October 10
- CUC Retreat – October 18-20