Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…. 1Peter 1:3
Sunday, April 24, 2022
We are pleased to have Bob Fletcher teaching CUC this Sunday. His topic is the “Resurrection”. The scripture for his lesson is 1 Corinthians Chapter 15.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home! CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- Laverne Lamb as she has shoulder replacement surgery on Wednesday, April 27.
- Peter Oliver as he recovers from colon surgery last Tuesday. Pray that his cancer was caught in time for a full recovery. Louise Booysen, who is his cousin, thanks CUC for their prayers on his behalf.
- Don and Ann McNew on the loss of Don’s younger sister, Patsy Kerns
- Nancy Wright, whose sister, Barbara Kelsey, passed away last Friday
- Bob Burrell, Brenda Burrell’s husband, for healing after breaking his leg in a fall.
- Linda Temples has been hospitalized in Dallas TX with serious lung and kidney complications. She is now out of ICU. Her condition is improving daily. Al thanks the whole CUC class for their prayers and love.
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex who is teaching in Georgia
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family in Warsaw.
- Steve Covert asks to continue to remember his dear cousin Linda Ross Crooks and her husband Dick in prayer
- Dick Anthony with continuing problems with multiple myeloma.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson for increased strength
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
- Vince Grosse’s brother recently diagnosed with liver cancer.
- Vince and Donna’s friend Susan Ouzts.
Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people, and for the people of Ukraine.
- Sister Backus – April 24
- Larry Hunt – April 26
- Robin Hicks – April 29
- George Crolius – April 30
- Jim and Colleen Taylor – April 28, 2002- Las Vegas, NV,20 years
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
My Neighbor’s Pantry
My Neighbor’s Pantry Volunteers are needed! We are getting ready for our next pantry on Monday, May 2nd. If you would like to volunteer in-person that day, there are many ways to help. Here’s the link to the May SignUp Genius:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084FABAD29A31-myneighbors1 or contact Scotty Brewington at (404) 518-2829 or email@example.com
From RUMC Director of Hospitality – Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Affordable Meals to Go continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 to 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are still just $5.00.
TUESDAY: APRIL 26 – White Bean and Chicken Chili, Steamed Rice, Roasted Tomato, Corn Bread
THURSDAY: APRIL 28 – Dijon Crusted Pork Loin, Wild Rice Pilaf, Carrot Souffle, Yeast Roll
(NOTE: The hot meal of the day may also be ordered in “Family Size.” “Family Size” serves 6-8 for $30, and is provided in disposable aluminum oven- safe pans. To order “Family Size”, please email our chef, Jacob Crane (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one day before the meal is available at the drive-through.)
ALSO AVAILABLE: Frozen Meals $5:
- Ham and Cheddar Frittata,
- Spinach, Mushroom, and Swiss Frittata,
- Pork Pot Pie,
- Chinese Pork Meatballs w/ Steamed White Rice,
- Cheesy Pasta Bolognese, Smoked Gouda ,Mac and Cheese.
Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10)
- Tomato Bisque,
- Creamy Chicken,
- Mushroom, and Rice
(NOTE: Our frozen meals and soups can sell out quickly, so to ensure your choices will be available when you get to the drive-through, please try to order these items online ahead of time!)
Please join our RUMC family on Wednesday evenings for dinner and fellowship from 4:30 to 6:30 PM in Fellowship Hall!
This Wednesday, April 27, 2022 our chef’s menu features
- Meatloaf w/ Tomato Gravy,
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes,
- Roasted Vegetable Medley, Yeast Rolls,
- Featured Salad Bar, Chicken Soup, and Bread Pudding/Assorted Cookies.
For those who are more comfortable eating at home takeout containers are available in Fellowship Hall. Also “To Go” Family Meals serving 8 can be ordered ahead and are available for $30!
The Sounds of the Spirit Concert Series will present special guest organist Dr. Bradley Hunter Welch in concert on Sunday, April 24 at 3 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Dr. Welch will perform on the new Walker organ console as the organ is rededicated. He is Artist-in-Residence at Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church in Dallas, Texas and resident organist of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. No tickets are needed.
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- April 24, 3:00 – Organ recital-rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat