The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Matthew 28:5-6
Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022
CUC Sunday School Class
There will be no CUC class this coming Sunday, Easter Sunday
He is risen! Happy Easter!
CUC Class Attendance
April 10, 2022
New CUC Member
We officially welcome a new CUC Member, Peter Oliver, who has been visiting us regularly on Zoom from his home in France. He is a cousin of Louise Booysen and had been hoping to visit us again in person soon.
Charis Gallery Exhibit
Be sure to take time to look at the new exhibit in the Charis Gallery (in the hall outside the Welcome Center in Building A), The Artists of RUMC. We have several artists of CUC represented : Patricia Mashburn, Larry Hunt and Jan Buckley. Also Gale and Roger Davis’ daughter Perri has several pieces on exhibit.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- Peter Oliver as he anticipates surgery for newly discovered cancer.
- Bob Burrell, Brenda Burrell’s husband, for healing after breaking his leg in a fall.
- Linda Temples who is hospitalized in Dallas TX with serious lung and kidney complications.
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex who is teaching in Georgia
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family in Warsaw.
- Dick Anthony with continuing problems with multiple myeloma. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick and anticipates shoulder surgery on April 27.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
- Vince Grosse’s brother recently diagnosed with liver cancer.
- Vince and Donna’s friend Susan Ouzts.
Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of lovedones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Bonnie White – April 17
- Bob Leckie – April 17
- Paul Beecham – April 22
- Jim and Colleen Taylor – April 28, 2002 – Las Vegas, NV, 20 years!
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From RUMC Director of Hospitality – Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Affordable Meals to Go continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 to 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are still just $5.00. This week’s menus are:
TUESDAY, APRIL 19 – Spaghetti Bolognese, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread
THURSDAY, APRIL 21 -Tourtiere (Ground Pork Pie), Baked Cinnamon Apples, Glazed Carrots
Frozen Meals $5 (serves 2):
- Cheesy Pasta Bolognese,
- Chinese Pork Meatballs w/ Steamed White Rice,
- Country Fried Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy,
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese.
- This week’s soup is Creamy mushroom
We are looking forward to another Wednesday Night Supper next Wednesday, April 20, 4:30 -6:45 PM in the Fellowship Hall. The menu is:
Coq Au Vin Blanc (Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce) , Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf, Roasted Garlic Butter Broccoli, Buttered Yeast Rolls, Featured Salad Bar, Tomato Bisque Soup, Cherry Cobbler/Assorted Cookies
Easter is for Everyone!
Consider joining RUMC Kids for a multigenerational gathering to celebrate the Easter season together on this Saturday April 16th, 10AM-12PM , at RUMC outdoors (weather permitting). We would love people of all ages to attend. Invite your grandkids and neighbors! Egg hunts for toddlers – 3rd grade, jumpers, photo booth, and snacks will all be part of the fun.
Seven Last Words
On Good Friday at 7:30 in the Sanctuary there is a service based on the Seven Last Words. Combining scripture and music from the choir it is probably the most meaningful service of the whole Lenten/Easter season.
There will be an Easter Brunch following the 11:15 services on Easter Sunday ($5 donation encouraged). Sign up if you are coming at rumc/easter so we can plan accordingly. If you don’t sign up and decide to attend , no worries – there will be plenty of food for all.
Support for Ukraine
As we keep all those suffering from war in your prayers , if you would like to donate for support of relief efforts, please make checks out to RUMC with “Ukraine” in the memo line or go to rumc.com/give and select disaster relief.
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- April 15 Good Friday, Good Friday,7:30 p.m. Sanctuary , Seven Last Words service
- April 16 – Easter Egg Hunt – 10:00-12:00
- April 17 – Easter Sunday
- 6:30 a.m. Chapel Sunrise Service
- 9 a.m. – Sanctuary – Contemporary Service
- 11:15 a.m. – Sanctuary -Traditional Worship Service
- 11:15 a.m. – Chapel • Chapel Roswell Service
- Go to RUMC website to learn more.
- April 24, 3:00 – Organ recital – rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat