Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. John 11:25-26
Sunday, April 10, 2022
Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus
CUC Lenten classes continue with Witness at the Cross with Amy Jo Levine. Jeff Coelho leads the final lesson in our study with Chapter 6 , “Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus”.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
There will be no CUC class this coming Sunday, April 17th… Easter Sunday
CUC Class Attendance
April 3, 2022
CUC Membership Numbers Update
Members on roll – 187 ( some are unable to attend)
Active members – 154
Couples – 55
Singles – 44
CUC Small Group Dinners
If you have not had the opportunity to sign up in class for CUC Small Group Dinners and would still like to get together at a dinner, please contact Kris Taylor to be added to an invitation list.
Charis Gallery Exhibit
Be sure to take time to look at the new exhibit in the Charis Gallery ( in the hall outside the Welcome Center in Building A), The Artists of RUMC. We have several artists of CUC represented : Patricia Mashburn, Larry Hunt and Jan Buckley. Also Gale and Roger Davis’ daughter Perri has several pieces on exhibit.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex who is teaching in Georgia
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family in Warsaw.
- Steve Covert asks for prayers for his cousin and friend Linda Crooks, her husband Dick, and their family in Rockford, Illinois. Linda is nearing the end of her 16 month battle with brain cancer. May God bless her and her family with comfort and peace.
- Mimi Taylor’s cancer has returned and she is transitioning to palliative care. Her family asks for prayers for peace and comfort for Mimi and her family in these difficult days and weeks.
- Dick Anthony with continuing problems with multiple myeloma. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
- Vince Grosse’s brother recently diagnosed with liver cancer. Drs. are encouraging as to the type of treatment planned.
- Vince and Donna’s friend Susan Ouzts who is battling cancer.
- Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
- Mary Kay Mills has had a clear bone marrow scan. She is gaining strength and we look forward to having her back among us soon.
- Best wishes to Julian and Myra Belote as they move to their new home in Florida.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Jeff Coelho – April 11
- Martha Knight – April 12
- Cheryl Hammersly wrote a note to the CUC class expressing her appreciation for the love, care, concern, and prayers offered her during difficult times.
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
RUMC Commons Project
Vince Grosse gives us a short update on the Commons Project:
A Called Church Conference was held on March 30, 2022 in the chapel at 6:30 PM with our District Superintendent presiding over the meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to consider a motion to approve moving forward on the Commons Project.
The project includes extensive re-landscaping of the Commons, removal of the Scout Hut, and construction of a classroom building. The motion was voted on by secret ballot and passed with the approval of approximately 75% of those RUMC members in attendance and voting.
From RUMC Director of Hospitality – Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Affordable Meals to Go continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 to 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are still just $5.00. This week’s menus are:
- Tuesday: Chinese Pork Meatballs, Steamed White Rice, Vegetable Stir Fry, Fresh Fruit.
- Thursday: Pineapple Glazed Ham, Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese, Green Beans, Yeast Roll.
Frozen Meals $5:
- Moroccan Beef Stew w/ Carrot Raisin Pearl Couscous,
- Herb Roasted Bone-in Chicken w/ Rice Pilaf (Gluten Free),
- Beef Stroganoff w/ Egg Noodles, Roast Beef w/ Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy and
- Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10) Vegetable Minestrone (Vegetarian)
We are looking forward to another Wednesday Night Supper next Wednesday, April 12, 4:30 – 6:45PM in the Fellowship Hall. Our chef’s menu features:
- Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy , Sweet Peas and Carrots, Honey Butter Biscuits,
- Featured Salad Bar, Tomato Bisque Soup, Gooey Butter Cake/Assorted Cookies and plenty of FELLOWSHIP!!
There will be an Easter Brunch following the 11:15 services on Easter Sunday ($5 donation encouraged). Let us know if you are coming at rumc/easter so we can plan accordingly. Sign-Up!
Welcome/Door Host Volunteers
Help is needed for Palm Sunday and the 6:30,9, and 11:15 a.m. Easter Services. Schedules will be based on your availability. No extended commitment required. Information/volunteer: JoAn Hobbs, email@example.com or 770-261-1731.
Easter is for Everyone!
Consider joining RUMC Kids for a multigenerational gathering to celebrate the Easter season together on Saturday April 16th, 10AM-12PM , at RUMC Outdoors (weather permitting).
We would love people of all ages to attend. Invite your grandkids and neighbors! Egg hunts for toddlers -3rd grade, jumpers, photo booth, and snacks will all be part of the fun. If you would like more information as to how to donate goodies for the event contact our new Children’s Ministries Director, Sabrina Hulse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for Ukraine
As we keep all those suffering from war in your prayers, if you would like to donate for support of relief efforts, please make checks out to RUMC with “Ukraine” in the memo line or go to rumc.com/give and select disaster relief.
Pack the Crate!
RUMC is still collecting items to send to the Wesley Medical Center in Venezuela. We’ll keep collecting until Easter. If you can, please pick up one or more of the following items next time you’re at the store:
- Large canisters of powdered baby formula
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) – adult and children’s
- Advil (ibuprofen) – adult and children’s
- Claritin (loratadine) – pill for adult, liquid for children
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) – adult and children’s
- Cough medicine (dextromethorphan) – adult and children’s
- Multivitamins – adult and children’s
- GasX (simethicone)
- Tums (calcium carbonate)
We’ll have pieces of the crate in both the Sanctuary and the Chapel buildings to collect donations, then all items will be packaged up to be shipped to Venezuela to support families who visit the clinic. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of one of our great mission partners!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- April 13 – Maundy Thursday – Noon-7 p.m., Sanctuary, Drop-in with Communion
- April 15 – Good Friday, Good Friday,7:30 p.m., Sanctuary , Seven Last Words service
- April 16 – Easter Egg Hunt – 10:00-12:00
- April 17 – Easter Sunday
- April 17 6:30 a.m. – Chapel Sunrise Service
- 9 a.m. -Sanctuary – Contemporary Service
- 11:15 a.m.- Sanctuary –Traditional Worship Service
- 11:15 a.m. – Chapel • Chapel Roswell Service
- Easter – Go to RUMC website to learn more.
- April 24, 3:00PM – Organ recital-rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat