Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation: the old is gone, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
Sunday, April 3, 2022
We are continuing Witness at the Cross with Amy Jo Levine. Jeff Coelho leads the CUC lesson the next two weeks as we continue our study with Chapter Five, “The Women”. April 10th will bring our Lenten Study to a close.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
CUC Class Attendance
March 27, 2022
CUC Small Group Dinners
If you have not had the opportunity to sign up in class for CUC Small Group Dinners and would still like to get together at a dinner, please contact Kris Taylor to be added to an invitation list.
CUC Retreat Planning
If you are planning to go to our CUC retreat, Oct. 18-20, and wish to reserve your room now (cancellation up to 72 hours before event), you may call:
Rate is $149.48/night. and we are currently holding 30 rooms. Although The Ridges will ask for a credit card to secure your reservation, your credit card will not be charged until you check out at the conclusion of the retreat. The Retreat Committee hopes we will have a great turnout for what promises to be a joyous experience of worship and fellowship.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- Beth and Bob Hamilton would like prayer for their 52 year old daughter, Meg in Bozeman, Montana, who had a TIA this past week.
- CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex who is teaching in Georgia
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family in Warsaw.
- Dick Anthony with ongoing problems with multiple myeloma. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
- Vince Grosse’s brother recently diagnosed with liver cancer
- Vince and Donna’s friend Susan Ouzts.
Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Gannett Backus – April 4
- Dave Roberts – April 4
- Nancy Spence – April 9
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From RUMC Director of Hospitality – Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Affordable Meals to Go continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 to 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are still just $5.00. Here are the menus for:
- Tuesday: Herb Roasted Bone-In Chicken w/ Cream Sauce, Rice Pilaf, Vegetable Medley, Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Beef Stroganoff w/ Egg Noodles, Beet and Bean Salad, Yeast Roll.
Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Check back later in the week for more options!
- Beef Stew w/ Rice, Chicken Parmesan,
- Red-eye Glazed Pork Tenderloin w/ Southern Rice Pilaf,
- Moroccan Beef Stew w/ Carrot Raisin Pearl Couscous, Mac and Cheese
Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10)
- Wedding Meatball Soup,
- Bacon Corn Chowder
We are looking forward to another Wednesday Night Supper
next Wednesday, April 6, 4:30 -6:45PM in the Fellowship Hall.
Dinner will include: a full hot meal, featured salad bar, soup of the day, desserts, beverages, and plenty of FELLOWSHIP!
This week’s menu is:
- Lasagna Bolognese, Italian Vegetable Medley, Garlic Bread,
- Minestrone, Featured Salad Bar.
- And be on the look-out for an amazing Bobby Dickens Cake Creation for Dessert!! Espresso Cream Cake!
Also again this week you can stay after dinner for a free production of “Life With Father”, brought to you by the RUMC Acting Production Team!!
Support for Ukraine
As we keep all those suffering from war in your prayers, if you would like to donate for support of relief efforts, please make checks out to RUMC with “Ukraine” in the memo line or go to rumc.com/give and select disaster relief.
As a part of Serving Side by Side, we need your help to pack RUMC’s crate of supplies for the Wesley Medical Center in Venezuela! Already before the pandemic, and even more now, Venezuela was facing overlapping crises of poverty, hunger, and hopelessness, so we are partnering with Venezuela Now to help address some of the most acute concerns. If you can, please pick up one or more of the following items next time you’re at the store:
- Large canisters of powdered baby formula
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) – adult and children’s
- Advil (ibuprofen) – adult and children’s
- Claritin (loratadine) – pill for adult, liquid for children
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) – adult and children’s
- Cough medicine (dextromethorphan) – adult and children’s
- Multivitamins – adult and children’s
- GasX (simethicone)
- Tums (calcium carbonate)
We’ll have pieces of the crate in both the Sanctuary and the Chapel buildings to collect donations, then all items will be packaged up to be shipped to Venezuela to support families who visit the clinic. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of one of our great mission partners!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix and Kroger.
- April 3 – First Chapel Communion – 8:30 a.m.
- April 13 – Maundy Thursday – Noon-7 p.m., Sanctuary, Drop-in with Communion
- April 15 Good Friday, Good Friday, 7:30 p.m, Sanctuary , Seven Last Words service
- April 17- Easter Sunday
- 6:30 a.m. Chapel Sunrise Service
- 9 a.m. – Sanctuary – Contemporary Service
- 11:15 a.m- Sanctuary -Traditional Worship Service
- 11:15 a.m. – Chapel • Chapel Roswell Service
Go to RUMC website to learn more.
- April 24, 3:00 – Organ recital – rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat