By His power God raised the Lord from the dead, and will raise us also.
1 Corinthians 6:14
Sunday, March 27, 2022
The Beloved Disciple
Mike Story has our lesson again this week. We are continuing Witness at the Cross with Amy Jo Levine. This week is Chapter Four “The Beloved Disciple”.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
CUC Class Attendance
March 20, 2022
CUC Small Group Dinners
Sign-ups are starting for CUC Small Group Dinners. This is a wonderful chance to get together in small groups and get to know your fellow CUC members better while enjoying a shared meal. Sign up in class or contact Kris Taylor if you would like to participate.
CUC Retreat Planning
If you are planning to go to our CUC retreat, Oct. 18-20, and wish to reserve your room now (cancellation up to 72 hours before event), you may call:
Rate is $149.48/night. and we are currently holding 30 rooms. Although The Ridges will ask for a credit card to secure your reservation, your credit card will not be charged until you check out at the conclusion of the retreat. The Retreat Committee hopes we will have a great turnout for what promises to be a joyous experience of worship and fellowship.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- Carey Floyd healing from removal of cancer on leg
- Lynn Adcock’s great niece, Elizabeth Watts, age 11, as she is making a good recovery from open heart surgery
- Linda Temples, former CUC member. Her sarcoidosis has flared up causing breathing problems.
- Vince Grosse’s brother recently diagnosed with liver cancer, determining course of treatment
- Vince and Donna’s friend Susan Ouzts. This is a critical time for her. She has received the T-cell infusion and will have an MRI/CT scan in two weeks to gauge her progress.
- Pray for CUC family members in harm’s way ….
- Bob and Sharon Erdman’s grandson Alex who is teaching in Georgia
- Martha & Tom Knights’ daughter Dorothy and family in Warsaw.
- Dick Anthony with ongoing problems with multiple myeloma. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Sister Backus– for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod with multiple health issues.
Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people and for the people of Ukraine.
- Nancy Wright – March 29
- Nancy Wistrand – March 31
- Pat Stamps – April 1
- Tom Knight – April 1
- George and Sue Waite March 30, 1968, East Orange, NJ, 54 years
- Ron and Pat Peterson March 31, 1962, Birmingham, AL, 60 years!!
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Take Home and Frozen Meals continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 until 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are just $5.00.
Here are the menus for March 29th and March 31st
- Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie, Pickled Veggie Salad, Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Moroccan Beef w/ Couscous, Chickpea Salad, Flat Bread.
Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Check back later in the week for more options!
- Ginger Sesame Beef w/ Chive Rice,
- Honey Fried Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy,
- Mac and Cheese
- Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10) Potato and Leek Bisque, Wedding Meatball Soup
We are looking forward to another Wednesday Night Supper
next Wednesday, March 16, 4:30 -6:45 PM in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu is:
- Redeye-Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Wild Rice Pilaf, Stewed Black Eyed Peas w/ Collards, Corn Bread,
- Roasted Corn and Bacon Chowder,
- Featured Salad Bar,
- Spiced Apple Cobbler Cake, and Assorted Cookies.
Life With Father
in case any tickets are available. The play will also be presented at 6:30 after the Wednesday Night supper on March 30. No admission fee , but a love offering will be requested. No reservations required.
You are invited to a Called Church Conference on
Wed. March 30 at 6:30 in the Chapel for a presentation of the Commons project for church members for a vote to proceed to the next steps.
Support for Ukraine
As we keep all those suffering from war in your prayers , if you would like to donate for support of relief efforts, please make checks out to RUMC with “Ukraine” in the memo line or go to rumc.com/give and select disaster relief.
Information About Ukraine Refugees
David Hills has received several letters from his contacts from Ukraine and Poland who have direct information on what is going on there. Folks interested in the newsletters should contact David personally or by email.
Rise Against Hunger
Thanks to those who participated in the packaging of 15,000 meals last Saturday. Marion Brown announced that those meals will be going to Haiti and to Poland for Ukrainian refugees.
As a part of Serving Side by Side, we need your help to pack RUMC’s crate of supplies for the Wesley Medical Center in Venezuela!
Already before the pandemic, and even more now, Venezuela was facing overlapping crises of poverty, hunger, and hopelessness. So, we are partnering with Venezuela Now to help address some of the most acute concerns. If you can, please pick up one or more of the following items next time you’re at the store:
- Large canisters of powdered baby formula
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) – adult and children’s
- Advil (ibuprofen) – adult and children’s
- Claritin (loratadine) – pill for adult, liquid for children
- Zyrtec (cetirizine) – adult and children’s
- Cough medicine (dextromethorphan) – adult and children’s
- Multivitamins – adult and children’s
- GasX (simethicone)
- Tums (calcium carbonate)
We’ll have pieces of the crate in both the Sanctuary and the Chapel buildings to collect donations, then all items will be packaged up to be shipped to Venezuela to support families who visit the clinic.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of one of our great mission partners!
Support for Our CUC Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- March 26, 5:30, March 27,12:30 – Acting Up, Life with Father
- March 30, 6:30 – *Board of Stewards meeting on Commons Project* — Please be there
- April 24, 3:00 – Organ recital – rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat