May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:22 NIV
Sunday, March 13, 2022
Don’t forget that Daylight Savings time starts Sunday. Set your clocks ahead and don’t be late for class!
The Other Victims
We continue our Lenten series in the book Witness at the Cross by Amy Jill Levine. The title of her second chapter is “The Other Victims”. Our own John Sharp is again our lesson leader.
CUC Sunday School Class
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. We still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
CUC is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: CUC Zoom Meeting – March 13, 2022
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
CUC Class Attendance
March 6, 2022
CUC St. Patrick’s Day Party
Our St. Patrick’s Day party is Thursday, March 17th at 6PM at the Huntcliff Community Clubhouse and we are looking forward to a fun evening. We will have the food, dessert, iced tea, and coffee supplied by Jacob. He has planned a wonderful Irish-style meal for us. You may bring your own alcoholic beverage. Looking forward to an evening where we will be Wear’n the Green and celebrating all things Irish!
If you have not paid, please be sure to get check for $30 each to CUC on Sunday or send a check to Mike Story.
CUC Newsletter Updates
Thank you to Doug Tatom for filling in for your regular CUC weekly newsletter editor while the regular editor was on vacation.
Please, each of you CUC members, do your part in keeping this newsletter interesting and current. Don’t think that somebody else will do it! (They don’t!). If there are events that you think would be of interest to CUC members or updates or additions to prayer requests please let the editor know before Thursday evening each week. That is what will keep our weekly newsletter up-to-date and interesting.
- Gale Crolius as she recovers from surgery
- Jeannie Ehlers as she continues with her chemo treatments
- Lynn Adcock’s great niece, Elizabeth Watts, age 11, will be having open heart surgery on:
Monday, March 14.
We are saddened by our loss of Margie Avery after her valiant battle with cancer
- Dick Anthony with ongoing problems with multiple myeloma. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma and he with Parkinsons Disease
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke. He has had improvement with his swallowing issues.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod who both are having multiple health issues.
Pray also for our caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation, the world, and its people.
- Patsy Lanham – March 13
- MariAnna Brown – March 14
- Pat Ball – March 17
- David Hills – March 19
- Bill and Sandy Griffin – March 16, 1968, Newnan, GA, 54 years!
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From Jacob Crane:
RUMC Weekly Take Home and Frozen Meals continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 12 until 2PM at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are just $5.00. Here are the menus for March 15th and March 17th
- Tuesday: Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Irish Beef Stew, Basil Mashed Potatoes, Braised Cabbage, Soda Bread.
Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Check back later in the week for more options!
- Cheeseburger Pot Pie, Roast Beef w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Greek Pork Meatballs w/ Golden Raisin Couscous
- Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10) Black Bean Soup
We are looking forward to another Wednesday Night Supper next Wednesday, March 16, 4:30 -6:45 PM in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu is:
Shepherd’s Pie, Glazed Tri-Colored Carrots, Caraway Rolls, Potato Soup, Featured Salad Bar, Mint Chocolate Chip Cake, Assorted Cookies. Cost is $10.00 per adult for all you can eat Buffet, Soup, Salad, Dessert, and Beverage, $5.00 for Soup, Salad, Dessert, and Beverages Meal.
We encourage you to dine in and enjoy the fellowship, but we understand that many of you feel more comfortable taking food home, so take-out containers will be set up and available.
Serving Side by Side
Serving Side by Side weekend is coming up Next weekend March 18-20 so save the date. RUMC will be working with other mission partners to support mission partners worldwide including Rise Against Hunger to package 15,000 meals.
Rise Against Hunger is an international hunger relief non-profit organization that distributes food and other aid to needy people in developing nations. As part of the upcoming church wide mission project, Serving Side by Side, RUMC has committed to packaging 15,000 meals to support Rise Against Hunger. Pastor Marion Brown needs 125 volunteers to help reach this goal.
The CUC Mission Outreach Committee thinks that our class could be part of this worthwhile project Saturday, March 19 from 10 to Noon. There are jobs for everyone.
A large number of people are needed to fill bags with vitamin packs, veggies, rice and soybeans to be transported to hungry people all over the world. Let’s form a CUC team to serve side by side in support of Rise Against Hunger. Sign up by clicking on:
Life With Father
ActingUp is putting on a new show! Life with Father! These shows are really great. Not to be missed!
- For Saturday March 26, 5:30 pm Dinner and Show, and
- Sunday March 27 12:30 pm Brunch and Show:
- Tables are available for either 6 or 8. If you would like to choose your table: Table of 6: $180 (includes a tax-deductable donation to ActingUP for $60)table of 8: $240 (includes a tax-deductable donation to ActingUP for $80). If you would like General Admission at tables selected for you by ActingUP, seats are $20 apiece.
Support for Our CUC Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- March 17 – CUC St. Patrick’s Day Party
- March 18-20 – Serving Side by Side
- March 26, 5:30, March 27,12:30 – Acting Up, Life with Father
- April 24, 3:00 – Organ recital-rededication of the updated organ.
- October 18-20 – CUC Retreat