Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Waiting To Be Heard
We are pleased to have Mark Goodwin teach the CUC class again , completing his series of 3 lessons. He will return this Sunday for Lesson 3: “Waiting To Be Heard”, Psalm 27:8, Isaiah 65:1-2 & I Thess. 5:16-18. We have very much enjoyed his messages these past few weeks.
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, January 16.
In spite RUMC closure with snow and ice and power outages, and thanks to our wonderful CUC Technical Team members Doug Tatum, George Waite, and Gene Osborne and with the help of Garlinn Story and her Zoom connection, and then Sue Waite’s ability to be able to communicate quickly to CUC members via email, we were able to have our CUC class last Sunday.
Total of 53 Members on Zoom !
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
Those attending class via Zoom should be signed into Zoom and admitted no later than 9:40 AM to prevent feedback noise. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation on this!
- Dick Anthony as he recovers from jaw surgery. Pray for him and also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Margie Avery with serious medical issues, continues her rehab. She appreciates all the cards and texts and attention from CUC members during this difficult time.
- Jeannie Ehlers as she recovers from her latest chemo.
- Patricia Lanham who had carpal tunnel surgery on her right hand last Monday,
- Julia Wilson on the loss of her husband Doug
- Tom Davis and family– Joanne Cooper Davis, mother of Dr. Tom Davis, passed away peacefully January 16, 2022. The family will receive friends from 1:00 until 2:00 p.m. on Monday, January 24th at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta. A Memorial Service will immediately follow at 2:00 p.m. in the Historic Marietta Chapel of the Funeral Home.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Malone Dodson to continue recovery from stroke. He sends his love to all!
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – who both are having multiple health issues.
- Mary Kay Mills as she continues treatment and physical therapy, gaining back her strength
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Betty Smith at The Georgian Lakeside
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts. She has sent a message that she greatly appreciates our prayers and a recent card from CUC.
Pray also for our Caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Ann Parkhurst – January 28
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From Jacob Crane:
Here are the menus for the Affordable Meals To Go for January 25th and January 27th, 12:00- 2:30 :
- Tuesday: Beef Tacos, Mexican Rice, and Pinto Beans.
- Thursday: BBQ Pulled Pork, Mac and Cheese, Cole Slaw, Yeast Roll.
Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Check back later in the week for more options! :
- Mac and Cheese,
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin w/ Apple Cider Jus and Rice Pilaf,
- Chicken Pot Pie,
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes,
- Beef Chili w/ Rice Pilaf,.
- Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10)… Tomato Bisque, Lemon Chicken and Orzo
We are looking forward to hosting another Wednesday Night Supper next Wednesday, January 26 from 4:30 PM -6:45 PM in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu is:
- Southern Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy, Zucchini Squash and Potato Gratin, Yeast Roll,
- Featured Salad Bar, and Corn Chowder,
- Chocolate Cream Pie, Assorted Cookies and plenty of FELLOWSHIP!
We encourage you to dine in and enjoy the fellowship, but we understand that many of you feel more comfortable taking food home, so take out containers will be set up and available for anyone.
A 13-week biblically based course begins this Monday, Jan. 24 , 1-3 PM. Details and registration rumc.com/support.griefshare.org or Toni Fagin, email@example.com or770-261-1767
Family Promise is returning soon to RUMC! Two families will be staying with us from January 23-30, and we need your support! Please consider volunteering to provide meals, make purchases, host overnight, or much more. For more information or to volunteer, go to RUMC website.
Support for Our Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- Feb 22 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea