Isaiah 12:4… Give thanks to the LORD; call on his name. Make known his actions among the nations. Proclaim that his name is exalted.
Sunday, November 21, 2021
The text is Matthew 1 : 18-25.
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, November 14th
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home or who are away from home!
If you are attending by Zoom be sure that you register your attendance at www.rumc.com/connect-card to register
Please Welcome to Our CUC Class
- Ann Parkhurst, Bobbie Causey, and Cheryl Hammersley (Bobbie and Cheryl are sisters)
- Gail Earman ( a former CUC member returning!)
Each week CUC members and visitors enjoy a nice variety of refreshments. We need to thank a very generous anonymous donor.
CUC Christmas Party Coming Soon!
There are 97 signed up and paid for the CUC Christmas Party on December 7 at the Metropolitan Club. Mike Story can take any additional reservations until November 23. We are looking forward to a great party put on by our CUC social committee with Jeff Coelho as “Entertainment Master”.
A note from Talaya Parker:
Thank you for welcoming me back to speak. Your partnership and commitment to our mission is very special to us. We value all for walking by faith nearly 30 years ago and continuing to work together with supporting homeless families and children.
Last Friday Talaya and her staff gave several members of the CUC class a guided tour of a Homestretch unit at Millbrook Circle and the new modern award-winning learning lab created from a shipping container there. There was also a tour around Roswell to see the Homestretch housing units acquired by Homestretch in the last 30 years to allow low income families to have affordable housing. The tour gave us good insight into what Homestretch is doing in our community.
- Dick Anthony has complications from a drug used in cancer therapy and may require major lower jawbone surgery. Prayers for Dick to get relief and to have discernment about the treatment. Pray also for Laverne Lamb as she cares for Dick.
- Margie Avery – needs prayers for pain relief and healing.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson who is making progress in recovery at home with caregivers.
- Jeannie Ehlers has had a recurrence of her cancer. She will start receiving chemo on Dec. 1.
- Shirley May suffering with continuing pain following surgery
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – who both are having multiple health issues.
- Mary Kay Mills as she continues treatment and physical therapy, gaining back her strength
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Betty Smith currently at Georgian Lakeside
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts. She greatly appreciates our prayers.
- Pray also for our Caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Martha Thompson – November 26
- Bob Moore – November 26
- Roger and Gale Davis, November 23, 1961, Gainesville, FL, 60 years !
- Pat and Pat Cooney, November 26, 1960,New York, NY, 61 years
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Meals to Go
Affordable Meals To Go will take a break the week of Thanksgiving and resume Tuesday, November 30.
Christmas Festival Concerts
The Christmas Festival Concerts are Friday, December 10 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, December 12 at 3 p.m. A limited number of complimentary tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Worship Arts Office, Sanctuary Building; Main Office, Chapel Building; or by calling 770.594.0512.
Tools Needed for Biblical History Center
A message from Scott Dickson:
Got a garage full of tools you don’t know what to do with? The Biblical History Center can help you out!
Our operations director recently retired, and when he did, most of his tools did, too. We are in need of a few specifics: Gas chainsaw, Circular Saw, Handheld Jigsaw, Gas string trimmer, Gas leaf blower, and other general landscape and maintenance tools.
There’s a lot of garden to tend and things to build at the Biblical History Center , so we welcome all sorts of donations. Tax receipts are available.
Support for Our Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a
- portion of your receipts at Publix.
CUC President’s Message
Sorry this was so long, but hopefully it was worth reading! Have a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!
- Dec 1- 6PM – Service of remembrance in the Chapel
- Dec 2-4 – RUMC Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show
- Dec 5 – MOS Concert 3PM “It’s the Holiday Season”
- Dec 7 – CUC Christmas Party
- Dec 10 – 7:30PM and Dec 12 – 3:00PM – Christmas Festival Concerts
- Dec 13 – 2PM – Wright’s Christmas Open House
- Feb 22 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea