“My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” —Luke 1:46-47
Sunday, November 7, 2021
We are pleased to have Allan Kennedy returning to be our speaker on November 7th. He will refer to 3 Scriptures but will be using as the basis for his lesson: Matthew 9:36. When he saw the crowds he had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. His lesson is: As Christians what is our personal responsibility/limits with regard to Compassion ?
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, October 31
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home!
CUC members contributed more than $600 to Homestretch after Talaya Parker spoke last week about what the organization does to lift families out of homelessness into stability.
Thanks From Believe Ministries
Greg and I would like to thank so many of you for joining our Celebration last Thursday. It was heartwarming to see your smiling faces in person and get many hugs. Your support means so, so much to us and we are so encouraged by your contributions and your fellowship. Thank you Claudia, Sandy, Roger and Gale for being my valued assistants! I hope we will meet again soon in joyful praises to God! God Bless all of you, Jane and Greg Davidson – Believe Ministries
- Dick Anthony – Recovering at the home of Laverne Lamb with full-time caregivers
- Margie Avery – needs prayers for pain relief and healing.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson who is continuing recovery at home with caregivers.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – who both are having multiple health issues.
- Betty Smith has relocated to Georgian Lakeside on Hardscrabble in Roswell
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Mary Kay Mills as she continues treatment and physical therapy and gains back her strength
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts She greatly appreciates our continued prayers.
- Pray also for our Caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved. ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Betty Hunt – Nov 7
- Garlinn Story – Nov 8
- Norma Taylor – Nov 8
- Allen Buckley – Nov 9
- Beecham, Paul & Sara – November 8, 1958 , GA, Decatur, GA, 63 years !!
- Goodwin, Mark & Debbie – November 8, 1980, Kansas City MO, 41 years
It is interesting to note that CUC has an amazing record of long marriages! On our rolls, so carefully kept up by Dave Roberts, there are at least 16 couples who have been married 60 years or more and another 30 couples who have been together for more than 50 years!
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call or a text or visit this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
From Jacob Crane
Here are the Drive Thru menus for November 9th and November 11th, 12:00- 2:00. We are Serving
- Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie, Baked Cinnamon Apples, Buttered Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Ham and Cheese Tortellini Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread.
Our Current Selection of $5 Frozen Meals…First Come First Serve! Macaroni and Cheese and Beef Stew w/ Rice. Check Back Later in the week…We will be adding Several Other Frozen Dishes and Soups
We are looking forward to hosting another Wednesday Night Supper next week
Enjoy a full hot meal and plenty of FELLOWSHIP on November 10!
Serving hours: 4:30 pm – 6:45 PM. Take out available until 6:45 pm.
- Greek Pork Meatballs w/ Fresh Tasaki, Herbed Couscous, Roasted Vegetable Briam, Garlic Butter Flat Bread, Avgolemono Chicken Soup, Featured Salad Bar, Apple Cobbler, Baklava
Support for Our Missions:
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
CUC President’s Message
And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” —Luke 1:46-47
Joy, unlike happiness, can come to us independent of our circumstances. It comes not from changing our circumstances but from viewing them through the eyes of faith. Mary, despite dangers, fears, risks, and upended dreams, “magnified the Lord and rejoiced in God.” She did this with the help of Elizabeth and with her own willingness to trust that God was working in and through her to accomplish his purposes. Joy is a choice we make when we look at our present circumstances through the eyes of faith, trusting that God is at work and that he will never leave us or abandon us. And it is often found with the help of another who reassures us that God is with us.
- Nov 14 – Giving Sunday
- Dec 2-4 – RUMC Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show
- Dec 7 – CUC Christmas Party
- Dec 13 – Wright’s Christmas Open House 2PM
- Feb 22 – Homestretch Peachtree Tea