“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 (NIV)
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Talaya Parker will bring our CUC lesson this week. She is the Executive Director of HomeStretch, one of our CUC ministry partners. “HomeStretch Happenings” will be the topic of her lesson. CUC has been actively involved with Homestretch since its beginning. It will be interesting to see how this local ministry has grown and serves deserving families from our community who need a “hand up rather than a handout”.
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, October 24
Over 90 people have signed up for the Christmas Party! It should be a great party! Please pay before November 4 (Next Thursday). Checks, made out to CUC, can be sent to Mike Story.
More December Plans
Johnie and Nancy Wright are again decorating to have their annual Christmas CUC open house this year. They have determined it would be better to have it during daylight hours, so they will have it on Monday, Dec 13 starting at 2:00. So mark your calendars!
- Dick Anthony – Recovering at the home of Laverne Lamb with full-time caregivers
- Margie Avery – needs prayers for pain relief and healing.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain and other disabilities
- Malone Dodson who is continuing recovery at home with caregivers.
- Marlene and Don MacLeod – who both are having multiple health issues.
- Betty Smith has relocated to Georgian Lakeside on Hardscrabble in Roswell.
- Judy Zierk -The Celebration of Life and Faith honoring Dal Zierk will be next Friday, November 5th at 1:00 in the chapel.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Mary Kay Mills as she continues treatment and physical therapy and gains back her strength
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts She greatly appreciates our continued prayers.
- Pray also for our Caregivers of those who are ailing!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
Help needed by your CUC weekly newsletter editor….
If you are aware of any additional prayers needed or any changes in the prayer requests such as change of location of those on our prayer list, please do not assume your newsletter editor is aware and that someone else has let her know. Please send information to the editor so that our prayer list will be up to date!
- Linda Mooney – Nov 2
- Bill Griffin – Nov 5
From Jacob Crane
Here are the Drive Through menus for November 2nd and November 4th:
- Tuesday: Ginger Sesame Pork Meatballs, Steamed Chive Rice, Asian Slaw, Sesame Roll.
- Thursday: Beef Stew, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Buttered Roll.
- Frozen Soups for $4 or 3 for $10… Shrimp, Chicken and Sausage Bisque, Thai Chicken and Rice Soup, and Ham and Bean Soup
We are looking forward to hosting another Wednesday Night Supper next Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 4:30 PM -6:45 PM . Enjoy a full hot meal and plenty of FELLOWSHIP!
The menu is Chicken Piccata w/ Lemon Basil Linguine, Roasted Garlic Broccoli and Cauliflower, Yeast Roll, Tomato Bisque, Featured Salad Bar, Rice Pudding, Cookies.
This Wednesday evening we would like to honor Susan Gunter for her many years of faithful service to RUMC!
Please bring any cards, notes, or gifts that you would like to share with Susan.
Support for Our Missions
- Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using AmazonSmile.
- Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
CUC President’s Message
Leslie D. Weatherhead, author of the highly-regarded book The Will of God, says that for three reasons being “within the will of God means peace.”
The third of those reasons is that “in his will our conflicts are resolved.” “The soul that is unconscious of any conflict would be one ceasing to recognize a clash of good and evil…The guiding principle ‘I will do God’s will as far as I can see it’ answers many of our conflicts and brings peace and strength….By facing our conflicts and deliberately making our choice, by directing all our endeavors to one great purpose, confidently and fearlessly, the soul is restored to harmony and strength.”
- Nov 14 – Giving Sunday
- Dec 2-4 – Annual Christmas Gift and Craft Show
- Dec 7 – CUC Christmas Party
- Dec 13 – Wright’s Christmas Open House 2PM