Colossians 2:6-7, ESV “Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.”
Sunday, September 19, 2021
Will We Really Be Raised From the Dead?
We are always happy to have Mark Goodwin as our speaker who will present our lesson this week. His lesson title is: “Will We Really Be Raised From the Dead?”
His scripture will be: 1 Corinthians 15:35-44.
Note: Remember we are now beginning our CUC class promptly at 9:45
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, September 12
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but we still have Zoom for those of CUC who prefer to stay at home!
RUMC Name tags
Please sign the list at the “Membership” table in the back of the room or contact Gale Davis if you need a MAGNETIC NAME TAG.
New CUC member
Please welcome new member Terry G. Martin, who married Barbara S. Zellner on August 28th in Fayetteville, GA. Our newest newlyweds!! Congratulations!
Malone Dodson Golf Tournament Support
The CUC Class voted to give additional support for the Malone Dodson Golf Tournament, which supports the RUMC Foundation, with a donation of $1,000 for the Hole –In-One.
CUC Christmas Party
84 people have signed up for the Christmas Party! It should be a great party! Please plan to pay before November 4.
- Dick Anthony – Recovering at the home of Laverne Lamb with full-time caregivers
- Margie Avery – at home with caregivers and requiring continuing transportation for daily treatment. Needing prayer for relief of extreme pain. She appreciates phone calls.
- Sister Backus – for relief of increased back pain
- Malone Dodson is at Salude Rehab Center. Please pray for his continued recovery. Please send cards to help him feel support from family and friends. The address is Malone Dodson, Salude, 601 Northolt Parkway, Suwanee, GA 30024, Room 209.
- Bob Hamilton – having hernia surgery on Monday, the 20th.
- Rose Lappe – Please pray bone biopsy done on September 14 shows improvement enough so that if her doctors call for hip replacement it may be done successfully.
- Marlene MacLeod – For relief of continuing pain and healing of multiple fractured ribs
- Marianna Brown’s family having had several recent unexpected deaths.
- Cecelia Moore’s niece who has been diagnosed with breast cancer
- Bob Morisey’s daughter, Sandy Clack. Her mammogram, a biopsy, and other tests confirmed there is cancer present. She is scheduled for surgery on Thursday September 23rd. Bob would appreciate everyone’s prayer for successful treatment.
On a happier note:
- Donna & Vince Grosse would appreciate everyone’s prayers for Vince’s 83 year old brother, Vernon, and his new bride, Barbara. High school classmates, they were married last Sunday. They were reintroduced three years ago and began seeing each other more frequently, leading up to their surprise wedding!!
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Earnie Robertson at Vickory Rose
- Betty Smith at Merrill Gardens, Rt 92 in Woodstock
- Edna Smith at the Mansions, Alpharetta
- Stan Thomason – He enjoys hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts whose pancreatic cancer is currently “asleep” and the doctors project that it will “wake up” in nine months. The doctors are currently evaluating the spots on her lungs. She greatly appreciates our continued prayers, because she knows they are working!
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Susan Emmons – Please thank the class for their prayers and very thoughtful card. It was much appreciated. My blood pressure is now stable with new medication. Thank you all so much. You are all in my prayers as well.
- Virginia Hardy – Please know how thankful I am for CUC prayer warriors. My daughter Heather is out of hospital and off oxygen. She is improving every day. I am very grateful to all of you.
- Janet Thomas—Sept 19
- John Sharp—Sept 19
- Jim Ehlers—Sept 22
- Wilfred Boayue—Sept 23
- Beth Hamilton – Sept 24
- Beverly & Doug Tatom – Sept 19, 1998 – Roswell, GA -23 years
Neighborhood Care Groups
Don’t forget to make a call this week to someone in your CUC Neighborhood Care Group!
Info from Rusty Gordon
Here is the information Rusty sent that he referred to last Sunday.
Commitments to Make:
- I will walk with Jesus every day.
- I will be grateful and live every day to the fullest.
- I will bless my family with words, pictures and videos.
- I will invest in “MY Guys” for their good and God’s Glory — not mine.
- I will not give up and “Run out the clock.”
- I will let people love on me.
The books he mentioned are:
- Radical Wisdom by Regi Campbell. An excellent devotional for adult males that are building families or intend to.
- About My Father’s Business by Regi Campbell Another excellent book by Regi that lays out an intentional path for praying and sharing Jesus’ life changing message with the people He is putting in your life.
- No Man is an Island by Thomas Merton My mother’s favorite book which is a deep read similar to CS Lewis’ Mere Christianity or more closely to AW Tozier’s Pursuit of God. The best read ever on pursuing the heart of God.
- Die with Zero by Bill Perkins A book written by a Christian billionaire that is not necessarily a Christian book but will help you look at your legacy and next life planning from a different and potentially more biblical view.
RUMC’s Hospitality Ministry.
Cart Drivers and Greeters are needed for RUMC’s hospitality ministry. Twelve people are needed each Sunday for just 20 minute shifts. If you are interested contact Sandy Griffin.
From Jacob Crane
Our Wednesday Supper in Fellowship Hall is off to a bit of a slow start, so please spread the word that we are back open for Service on Wednesday evenings starting at 4:30 and serving until 6:45 pm. We would love to feed more families and have the option to order ahead for pick up if you are not comfortable dining in.
Dinner includes a full hot meal, featured salad bar, soup of the day, desserts, beverages, and plenty of FELLOWSHIP! This Wednesday’s menu is: Beef Bourguignon, Wild Rice Pilaf, Green Beans w/Sauteed Onions and Bell Peppers, Buttered Yeast Rolls, Chicken Soup, Featured Salad Bar, Vanilla Pudding Cake w/ Maple Ice Cream. $8.00. Salad Bar Only: $5.00.
The RUMC Hospitality team will also continue to offer meals for pick-up every Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM. at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are just $5.00. (We were able to Serve over 315 Hot meals this week along with over 150 frozen meals!)
Take Home Menu this next week
- Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie, Pickled Vegetable Salad, Buttered Yeast Roll.
- Thursday: Beef Stroganoff, Roasted Vegetable Medley, Buttered Yeast Roll.
Frozen Meals while they last:
- Braised Pork and cabbage Teriyaki Stir-Fried Noodles
- Brisket Fried Rice
- Ham and Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Caribbean Pork Loin w/ Rice Pilaf
- Pineapple Glazed Ham w/ Sweet Potato casserole
- Sliced Roast Beef w/ Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Support the RUMC Foundation!
PAR-TEE NIGHT OUT GET YOUR TICKETS! For Friday, October 8, 2021 at a Private Residence in Roswell, GA. It’s The First Annual Par-Tee Night Out! Play golf? Don’t play? Either way, do you enjoy a good party? Get your preppiest attire and join us for fine food, drinks, and some spacious socializing! Held annually in an astonishing home, the hospitality is like no other.
EAGLE HUNTERS AUCTION
The Auction kicks off on October 1st and will be adding great items and experiences every day until the day of the Golf Tournament. The virtual auction will close on 10/11/21 at 6pm. ITEMS NEEDED: Got a vacation rental? Donate 3-7 days. Got art, wine, or other auction-able item? Contact email@example.com or call 404-277-8365
MALONE DODSON GOLF TOURNAMENT
If you aren’t attending the CUC Retreat consider attending or volunteering at Woodmont Golf Club, Canton, GA Monday, October 11. It’s the 24th Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament! This event has been the highlight of the year since 1991! Honoring our former pastor, Dr. Malone Dodson, and appreciating our current pastor, Dr. Tom Davis, the day is filled with lots of golf, food, fun, and games.
Go to RUMC.org/event to learn more about these 3 events or to donate to the auction
Support for Our Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using Amazon Smile. Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
CUC President’s Message
It was the servant spirit of Mary that led God to select her to be the mother of Jesus. She was simple. She said, “I am the Lord’s servant, and I am willing to do whatever he wants… Let this happen to me as you say!” (Luke 1:38 CLB).
When God wants to bring Christ into the world, he looks for servants: no diploma, specific bloodline, prestigious birthplace, or fat bank account required. Let all unassuming people of the world be reminded: God can use you. This is how happiness happens.
Excerpted from Max Lucado
- October 8- RUMC Foundation Par-Tee Night Out
- Oct 11- Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- October 10,11,12- CUC Retreat at Hiawasee
- December 7 – CUC Christmas Party