“I am leaving you with a gift: peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.
So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27
Sunday, July 25, 2021
When Jesus Asks the Questions
We are pleased to have Debbie Goodwin teach the CUC class on 8/1.
Her title is: When Jesus Asks the Questions. Her scripture is “Then he asked them, ‘Where is your faith?” The disciples were terrified and amazed. Luke 8:25 NLT
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, July 18
Visitors 3 (including teacher)
We continue to have class both in the classroom and on Zoom. It is good to be together again face to face, but thank goodness for Zoom!
Attendance Register for CUC Class
We are now signing an attendance sheet passed in class.
Be sure that you register your attendance if you are Zooming to show participation online using your personal cell phone or tablet. Go online to: www.rumc.com/connect-card to register
The Lord Is Near
A prayer by Pastor Chuck Swindoll
I called on Your name, O LORD, Out of the lowest pit.
You have heard my voice, “Do not hide Your ear from my prayer for relief,
From my cry for help.” You drew near when I called on You;
You said, “Do not fear!” (Lamentations 3:55–57)
Our Father, we find relief in knowing that You’re here. We talk to You as though You are sitting right next to us. For indeed, though we cannot see You, by faith we believe You’re here. You bring us such relief in life, our Father. We would be so lonely without You. The nights would linger interminably; the pressure would be more than we could bear. The tests would be incalculable were we on this journey alone. But thankfully we’re not.
You are here with us. And You are in control. We ask You to take every part of that which makes us who we are . . . our temperaments, our personalities, our gifts, our drives, our ambitions, our dreams, our failures, our hopes, our sorrows, our disappointments, and everything that makes up life for us. Take whatever we have, take whomever we love, take us wherever You find us, and let it all be set apart to You.
We ask You to take care of those people and situations that are beyond our ability to fix or change. Relieve our minds of the worry of it all, because, like thorns and briars that encroach upon a lovely garden and finally choke out its blooms, these things have a way of choking us so that we are unable to hear what You have to say.
We trust You to answer our prayer. In the merciful name of Jesus our Savior and our tender God we pray.
I look forward to being with you on Zoom for the next two Sunday’s (25 July and 4 Aug). Remember, Sandy will introduce the incoming officers and committees for the coming Sunday School year. Please make an effort to be in class or on Zoom to show your support.
CUC Wednesday Night Dinner
This coming Wednesday, July 28, CUC will dine at Family Tradition, 7830 Hickory Flat Hwy, Woodstock, at 5:30 pm. We had 35 diners at Longhorn Steakhouse this past Wednesday. Summer Dinner Out Signup sheet will be passed at Sunday School. If you don’t sign up and can attend or you sign up and can’t attend, please notify Larry Douglas by noon Tuesday.
- Margie Avery as she recovers from surgery
- Edna Smith as she takes up residency at the Mansions
- Earnie Robertson as he adjusts to his new home at Vickory Rose
- Diane Stephens as she has radiation for breast cancer
- Dick Anthony – as he continues to deal with health problems
- Sister Backus – with continuing back problems and Parkinson’s Disease
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Mary Kay Mills – as she continues to recover from her bout with leukemia
- Stan Thomason – He appreciates hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse thank you for your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts being treated for pancreatic cancer. She is doing very well and appreciates your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Steve Covert – Jul 27
- Frank Foil – Jul 30
- Peggy McNay – Jul 31
From Jacob Crane
We had a great week here around the RUMC kitchen! We Served 163 Hot Meals on Tuesday and another 82 Hot meals today. All together, we Served 245 Hot Meals and over 100 frozen meals this week! Looking forward to another great week next week. Please continue to pass our menu around anywhere you see fit.
RUMC Weekly Take Home Menu- July 27th and July 29th
- Tuesday – Sliced Turkey Breast w/ Rosemary Gravy, Cornbread Dressing, Roasted Vegetable Medley, Buttered Yeast Roll.
- Thursday – Braised Beef Ragu Pasta, Carrot Souffle, Buttered Yeast Roll.
Frozen Meals $5
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Chicken Pot Pie
Frozen Soups $4 (3 for $10)
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup ( Say “Hi” to the CUC Car-hops as you pick up your meals!)
MUST Summer Lunch/Summer Grocery Program
See needs in RUMC weekly email.
Support for Our Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using Amazon Smile. Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- August 14 – 2021 HomeStretch Road Race
- October 10,11,12 – CUC Retreat at Hiawasee
- October 11 – Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- December 7 – CUC Christmas Party