Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24. NIV
Sunday, June 27, 2021
A New Beginning
We are pleased to again have Ron Greer, Director, Pastoral Counseling Service, Peachtree Road United Methodist Church, presents our lesson for this Sunday. His topic will be “A New Beginning.”
CUC Sunday School Class
CUC attendance Sunday, June 20
Zoom:22, Class:43, teachers: 2= Total: 67
Online Attendance Register for SS Classes
Be sure that you register your attendance – either Zooming or on-site participation online using your personal cell phone or tablet. Go online to: http://www.rumc.com/connect-card to register
Vice President’s Message
The sacrifice of Jesus Christ has made a true and meaningful connection with God possible for everyone. God invites the followers of Christ to boldly approach him with their praises, thoughts, needs, hurts, hopes, and requests. Please read passages where The Bible tells us how to pray:
- Mark 11:24 With faith
- Luke 18:1 Always
- John 14:13 In the name of Christ
- Acts 2:42 In community
- Romans 8:26 With reliance on the Spirit
- Thessalonians 5:17 Continually
- Hebrews 4:16 Boldly
- I John 5:14-15 In accordance with the will of God
From The Most Significant Teachings in the Bible
CUC Wednesday Night Dinner
CUC WNO will be at the Olive Garden, 905 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell on June 30 at 5:30pm. Tom Knight is handling the reservation. We will have our usual sign up sheet on Sunday. Please contact him with any changes or additions as Larry & Ann Douglas will be out of state for 8 days. At this point no dinner is planned for July 7. We plan to continue WNO’s into August. We had 33 diners at Crabapple Tavern this past week. If you don’t sign up and can attend or you sign up and can’t attend, please notify Tom Knight by phone or e-mail by noon Tuesday.
MUST Summer Lunch/Summer Grocery Program
If you are out shopping and can pick-up a few items for us, that would be fantastic. You can drop-off items on Monday (6/28) 12:00-2:00 PM at Roswell United Methodist Church. Just drive-up to the double doors in front of the Fellowship Hall (back of the Building B), honk your horn and a volunteer will unload them from your car.
Here are our biggest needs: Box of cereal, Pasta (1 lb. package),Pasta sauce, Beans (dry/bagged),Rice (dry/bagged),Feminine hygiene products (pads preferred),Laundry detergent.
Volunteer shifts are available Mondays 12:00-2:00 PM and 4:00-7:00 PM. E-mail Scotty Brewington email@example.com for more information.
To help purchase groceries and staples each week, you can make a monetary donation by going to this link (https://rumc.onlinegiving.org/donate/guest_donate?#!/#%2F) and selecting “MUST Summer Lunch/Summer Grocery Program” from the drop-down menu.
- Edna Smith as she recovers from multiple blood clots
- Diane Stephens who has been diagnosed with breast cancer
- Prayers for Cheri Jorgenson, a previous volunteer at Job Networking ‘s annual Garage Sale, who has asked to be included in our prayer list after being critically ill with complications for several months and is now having chemo for a tumor in her stomach.
- Dick Anthony – as he continues to deal with health problems
- Margie Avery – Continuing recovering from chemo and radiation.
- Sister Bachus – with continuing back problems and Parkinson’s Disease
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Mary Kay Mills- as she continues to recover from her bout with leukemia
- Stan Thomason – He appreciates hearing from CUC friends
- Vince and Donna Grosse appreciate your continued prayers for their friend Susan Ouzts.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
- Dick Anthony – July 1
- Charlotte and Malone Dodson – June 28, 1959, Augusta ,GA – 62 years!!
- Dee and Bill Scott – June 28, 1997- Roswell GA – 24 years
- Nancy and Dave Wistrand – July 2, 1994-Roswell GA – 27 years
From Jacob Crane
Just an FYI reminder that the RUMC Kitchen will be closed for Hot lunches for the next two weeks. We will resume out Hot Lunches on Tuesday July 13th.
We will be serving Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs for Friday Night Out on the commons on July 9th at 5:00 PM.
Bring the family and come enjoy some great food and fellowship here at RUMC!
40th Annual Patriotic Concert
The Annual RUMC Concert will once again be virtual this year. You may watch the concert any time from Friday, July 2 through Sunday July 4 at rumc.com/patriotic
Support for Our Missions:
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! Continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using Amazon Smile. Also register at Publix.com with Murphy Harpst school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.
- July 2-4 – Virtual 40th Anniversary RUMC Patriotic Concert
- August 14 – 2021 HomeStretch Road Race
- October 10,11,12- CUC Retreat at Hiawasee
- October 11- Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
- December 7 – CUC Christmas Party