So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16, NLT
Sunday, February 7, 2021
Reclaiming Intimacy with God through Prayer
Debbie Goodwin will be the CUC teacher on Feb 7. Her topic is: Reclaiming Intimacy with God through Prayer. The key verse for her lesson is Hebrews 4:16
CUC Sunday School Class on Zoom
Thank goodness for Zoom! This Sunday will be the 44th Sunday we have met on Zoom.
CUC attendance January 31
This Sunday we will continue to have class both in the classroom and on zoom.
If the meeting doesn’t start for you by 9:30 am on Sundays, PLEASE check your emails for a new (alternate) link to the Sunday School meeting.
Online Attendance Register for SS Classes
Be sure that you register your attendance – either Zooming or on-site participation online using your personal cell phone or tablet. Class members will initially go online to: www.rumc.com/connect-card to register within Ministry Platform. After that, each time you sign-on you will just need to select the event that you are attending to register. When you choose the time that your class normally meets, the system will then automatically connect your attendance to the CUC class.
A Message from the CUC President
GOD Sees Your Heart
by Joel Osteen
“…The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart,” 1 Samuel 16:7, NIV
In the Scripture, David was discounted by his family, and his job as a shepherd was considered insignificant. His family looked on the outside, bur David had a heart after God. He didn’t complain or get bitter; He didn’t slack off because nobody was watching or cared. He just kept being his best where he was. And one day the prophet Samuel showed up to anoint one of his farther’s son as the next king, it was David who was anointed over his brothers.
Just because people leave you out doesn’t mean God leaves you out. People may overlook you or judge you by your looks, your talent, or your skin color. God looks on the inside. He sees your faithfulness, your integrity.
The good news is that you keep honoring God. He’ll take you from the background to the foreground. People may try to push you down, bur God will lift you up. People don’t determine your destiny: God does.
First I want to thank Sandy Martin for filling in for me the past two Sundays. Thank you Sandy!!
Looking at the RUMC calendar for February, Feb 17 is Ash Wednesday. The worship service with communion will be served and ashes imposed from 10:30-12:30 in the upper parking lot. You will drive up to one of four tents, get out of your car and share individually or as a family under the tent.
Two weeks in the snow in CO was great (8 inches on the ground when we landed and another 12 inches fell during the next week), but it is good to be back. God bless, and look forward to seeing you Sunday!
My Neighbors Pantry
Help us serve families in need in our community! A $50 donation can provide four families with a chicken dinner (rotisserie, mac n’ cheese, brussel sprouts, and corn muffins) on top of their regular groceries and household items. Remember us while you’re shopping! We serve 250-300 families each week and still need donations of several items. So far, we’re receiving less than half of what we need each week and when we run out, families go without. Items needed:
- Laundry detergent
- Feminine hygiene products (sanitary pads preferred)
- Household cleaning products
- black or pinto beans (dry preferred)
- Vegetable Oil
You can drop-off items on Mondays 12:00-2:00 PM. Just drive-up to the Fellowship Hall double doors at RUMC, honk your horn, and a masked volunteer will retrieve them from your car.
CUC still has funds in its treasury to reimburse class members for their purchases for items for the My Neighbors Pantry program. You can mail or email Charlie Mason a copy of their receipts and he will reimburse them for their purchases.
Week of February 9th, 10th, and 11th
- Tuesday: Beef Stroganoff over Buttered Egg Noodles, Roasted Carrots and Beets, Buttered Yeast Roll
- Wednesday: Mediterranean Beef and Lamb Skillet with Herbed Couscous, Cucumber and Tomato Salad, Grilled Flat Bread
- Thursday: Brown Sugar and Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders, Mac and Cheese, Succotash, Honey Butter Biscuit
The RUMC Hospitality team will be back in the kitchen next week preparing convenient, delicious, affordable meals,
and we plan to continue these meals every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 PM.
You can pick up meals at our drive-through outside of Fellowship Hall. All meals are just $5.00. You can register online to purchase both hot and frozen meals with your credit card. Online orders are closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 10:00 am – 3:00 pm., but open at all other times. You should receive an email confirmation if your order has been successfully submitted. You need to click both the left side of the item you would like to purchase as well as the right side for the quantity. Drive up orders are also welcome with no pre-registration and you can pay by cash or check. Please contact Jacob via email if you have any issues with ordering, questions about menu items, or if you would like to reserve a certain frozen meal to pay by cash or check at pick up.
New: We also offer these meals as family style for $30.00 per family. Contact Jacob 24 hours in advance to make your meal family sized! Each family meal would come with enough of the main dish and sides for 6-8 family members, and will be served in disposable aluminum oven safe pans.
- Lynn Adcock on her loss of Jim
- Margie Avery – undergoing radiation treatment and chemo
- Jeannie Ehlers as she recovers from another round of chemo
- John Lemke as he has to have further foot surgery this coming week
- Don Macleod – recovering from further surgery
- Pat Phillips having radiation therapy
- Betty Smith – in rehab following a stroke, at Salud, 601 Norholt Causeway, Suwanee 30024
- Wanda Taylor – recovering from rotator cuff surgery
- Dave Wistrand is scheduled for triple-bypass and mitral valve repair surgery on Wednesday, Feb 10 at St.Joe’s. Please pray for him this week, Friday, Feb 5th, as he goes for the pre-surgery testing.
- Vince Grosse’s sister Deidre Morrison as she is currently having chemotherapy following successful colon cancer surgery and the Grosse’s friend Susan Ouzts as she has finished chemo and is having radiation therapy at the Mayo Clinic for pancreatic cancer.
- Dick Anthony – as he continues to deal with health problems.
- Sister Backus – with continuing back problems and Parkinson’s Disease
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma
- Malone Dodson – as he continues his recovery from stroke and dental work
- Betty and Don Gay – at home with daily help of caregiver
- Shirley May still recovering with post-shingles neuropathy
- Mary Kay Mills – as she continues treatment of leukemia
- Edna Smith as she deals with increasing problems with Parkinson’s Disease
- Stan Thomason – Virginia passed away last night. Stan more than ever looks forward to calls from CUC members.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made, especially at this difficult time with the Corona virus! Special prayers for CUC members who have had severely limited outside contacts for these past few months due to Covid 19 risk. Prayers also for our nation and its people.
Thank you for all of the comforting prayers, cards, emails and phone calls after the passing of Jim. You are a great group of friends and I appreciate everything you do for me. You can view Jim’s full obituary on southerncremations.com. Thanks for all your support.
Love to all of you, Lynn Adcock
- Sieg Hoogstraal – February 7
- Bob Morisey – February 9
Support for Our Missions: Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! You can continue to contribute support to Murphy Harpst using Amazon Smile. Also register at Publix.com with M-H’s school as the one to receive a portion of your receipts at Publix.