“I am with you always to the close of the age”
He is Alive Again!
We are fortunate to have our favorite teacher, Dr. Jim McCormick as our CUC speaker this Easter Sunday. His subject is “He is Alive Again”. His text is: Matthew 28:1-10, 16-20.
Masks for CUC Members
In the spirit of assuring that all of our CUC members are adequately protected from this Corona-19 virus, two of our members, Virginia Hardy and Nancy Wright, have been busy making masks as gifts for CUC members, hoping this will help our CUC family in some small way. The masks have been delivered to Jacob’s office which is open 9-5 Monday-Thursday. (Just ask when you pick up your meals.)
RUMC COVID-19 Virus Response
Be sure to live stream the church service on Sunday. Go to RUMC.com/live at the time of the Sunday service you want to watch.
Meals from the RUMC Kitchen
Jacob and his staff and volunteers continue to provide delicious meals from the RUMC kitchen to help us through this time of isolation.
Just drive up to the Fellowship Hall entrance and honk your horn and your meals will be delivered to your car. The plan is to serve a hot lunch Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:00 – 2:00. They will have selections of frozen meals as well, available until 4:00.
While it is preferred that orders are made online, payments of cash or check are still accepted.
Same for frozen meals – order online or email or call Jacob during daytime hours and just pull up to the curb!
Next week’s lunch menu:
RUMC Weekly “To Go” Menu
- Monday April 13th:
- Stuffed Peppers, Pinto Beans, Yeast Roll
- Tuesday April 14th:
- Ginger Sesame Pork Meatballs, Vegetable Fried Rice, Sesame Roll
- Wednesday April 15th:
- Classic Beef Goulash, Roasted Vegetables, Buttered Roll
- Thursday, April 16th:
- Southern Pan-Fried Chicken, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
All meals include Bottled Water and Canned Sodas.
Pray for all our CUC Classmates and their families to stay safe and avoid this terrible communicable virus which has so changed our daily lives.
- Bob Hamilton for relief of severe hip pain. Bob says: Please express my thanks for all the wonderful acts of concern. Bethie is taking great care of me and my rehab exercises are going well.
- Johnny Johnson as he continues with chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- John Lemke as he continues to have health difficulties following foot surgery, infection, and pneumonia.
- Peggy Rodway McNay – sympathy and prayers on the recent loss of her husband Mac
- Kris Taylor as she recovers from her bicycle accident with 5 broken ribs. Still in the hospital, but hopes to be released on Saturday. Her Corona virus test came back this Friday morning and was negative!!
- John & Lenna Sharp’s daughter-in-law Nancy in Brooklyn with Corona -19 symptoms which should peak over the weekend. So far she is not getting any worse. Prayers are appreciated for Nancy and John.
We continue to pray for God’s protection for all people during this uncertain time.
- Dick Anthony as he continues his recovery.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
- Virginia and Stan Thomason as they adjust to their move to South Carolina
CUC Cares and Concerns
Since we will not be meeting it is important that we keep those CUC prayers coming.
Please send prayer requests and updates to Sue Waite
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made, especially at this difficult time of national emergency with the Corona virus!
- Martha Knight – April 12
- Bob Leckie – April 17
- Bonnie White – April 17
* None *
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on saving those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
- August 6-8 – Job Networking Garage
(setup beginning Sunday, August 2.)