“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
Sunday, March 29, 2020
Our hope as Christians always has been and always will be in the love and provision for our Lord.
- He assures us that when we pass through waters, rivers and fires, I will be with you (Isiah 43:2).
- He meets our needs by His grace (Philippians 4:19),
- offers His sustaining joy and peace (Philippians 4:4-7) and,
- one day, leads us to our eternal home (John 14:3)
Message from Sandy Griffin
Hello Fellow CUC’ers. I do miss being with all of you. We will all be together again! Having said that, there will be NO CUC this Sunday. Pray that we will all be back to church Easter Sunday!! Please pray for our daughter Kelly as she has been exposed to the virus by her neighbor (her sister-in-law) also pray for the sister-in-law!
I am quoting from Dr. Jim Denison here;
“The four most welcome words in the Bible are God is for us. The unchanging creator is for us. His love is constant and unchanging, He is not plotting to take us down, He wants to build us up, He hasn’t turned away from us, He has turned towards us and is inviting us to run to Him for peace and strength.”“While we do not know why God allows all that He does, we are convinced that He redeems all He allows.”
Charles Spurgeon “without Christ there is no hope, but if our hope is in our Lord, pray and let God worry.”
Trivia question: How many does the Bible say Jesus fed with the loaves and fishes?
First one to send me an email with the correct answer will get their prize when we meet again!
Words of Wisdom
Once a man was asked what he gained by regularly praying to God? His reply
“nothing..but I have lost anger, ego, greed, depression, insecurity and fear of death”. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is not gaining but losing;which ultimately is the gain. Anonymous
RUMC COVID-19 Virus Response
As you know, nearly everything at RUMC is cancelled. Be sure to live stream the church service on Sunday. Go to RUMC.com/live at the time of the Sunday service you want to watch.
Starting in the upcoming days, RUMC will send out short, daily text messages. RUMC is a place of Community & Faith, and social media is no replacement for personal interaction, but we know that God can use such technology to bring about a sense of connection. If you would like to receive these daily e-mails, please text RUMC to 833-279-1728.
Meals from the RUMC Kitchen
RUMC’s Hospitality mission has come up with a wonderful plan to assist us as we try to cut back on outside exposure while maintaining our supplies at home. There is drive – through service for $5 meals from our wonderful RUMC kitchen.
Just drive up to the Fellowship Hall entrance and honk your horn and it will be delivered to your car. The plan is to serve a hot lunch Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:00 – 2:00. There will be selections of frozen meals as well. Right now they are just down to the Shepherd’s Pies in the freezer, but Jacob plans to restock next week starting with Chicken Pot Pie. He will also be working on adding some frozen soups to the selection of frozen meals. Next week he will try and make and freeze Tomato Basil Bisque and Corn Chowder. Pay by cash or check or online later.
RUMC Weekly “To Go” Menu March 30 – April 2
Monday March 30th:
- Chicken Pot Pie, Fruit Salad, Yeast Roll,
Tuesday March 31st:
- Vegetarian Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna, Garlic Bread Sticks, Cookie, Water
Wednesday April 1st:
- Chimichurri Pulled Pork, Black Beans and Rice, Grilled Flat Bread,
Tuesday, April 2nd:
- Korean BBQ Beef, Sesame Chive Rice, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sesame Roll,
All meals include Bottled Water and Canned Sodas.
CUC Small Group Dinners
The spring round of small group get-togethers has been cancelled. We will resume again in the fall.
RUMC Garage Sale Plans Changed
Due to the Corona Virus, the Garage Sale has been moved from May to August 6-8 with setup beginning Sunday, August 2. We have been able to acquire those dates for us as the church calendar is booked for the remainder of the year.
Pray for all our CUC Classmates and their families to stay safe and avoid this terrible communicable virus which has so changed our daily lives.
- Tom Cantrell’s follow up cystoscopy delayed until April 15 due to Coronavirus.
- Tom Erdman – As he continues to recover following surgery
- Bob Hamilton for relief of severe hip pain
- Johnny Johnson as he continues with a new chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- John Lemke hospitalized at Kennestone for infection in foot and pneumonia
- Mac McNay in ICU at Kennestone with several serious problems with uncertain outcomes
- Continue prayers for Judy and Ron Fox, Bev Tatom’s brother in- law who is recovering in a rehab facility following near fatal ruptured aortic aneurysm
- Dick Anthony as he continues his recovery.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
- Susan Emmons’ COVID-19 test came back negative. Thank you all so very very much for your prayers.
CUC Cares and Concerns
Since we will not be meeting it is important that we keep those CUC prayers coming.
Please send prayer requests and updates to Sue Waite
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made, especially at this difficult time of national emergency with the coronavirus!
- Nancy Wright – Mar 29
- Nancy Wistrand – Mar 31
- Pat Stamps – Apr 1
- Tom Knight – Apr 1
- Dave Roberts – Apr 4
- Gannett Backus – Apr 4
- Sue & George Waite – March 30
- Pat & Ron Peterson – March 31
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on saving those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
April 25– Homestretch Run the River Road Race-postponed by city of Roswell
- June 23 – CUC Patriotic Party – 6:00 PM
- August 6-8 – Job Networking Garage sale (setup beginning Sunday, August 2.)
- Oct. 21-23– CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College