Lord teach us to pray – Luke 11:1
Sunday, March 22, 2020
As you probably know, nearly everything at RUMC is cancelled including our weekly CUC Class. Be sure to live stream the church service on Sunday. Go to RUMC.com/live at the time of the service you want to watch.
CUC Small Group Dinners
The spring round of small group get-togethers has been cancelled. We will resume again in the fall.
Words of Wisdom
From Sandy Griffin
Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
A heart that forgives the worst
A mind that forgets the bad
And a soul that never loses faith in God
Additional Warning of Worldwide Epidemic
From David Hills:
Today, Wednesday, Norma and I spoke with Sergio Ubbiali from Bergamo in northern Italy. He told us that Bergamo (COVID-19)is now the epicenter of the virus outbreak. Almost everything is shut down except the hospitals and morgues. He called our children to give us this warning: “Tell Norma and David to avoid all people, have someone do the shopping and wear a mask if they go out. THIS IS NO JOKE!”
He asked us to warn our friends, so I am passing Sergio’s warning on to you. Be safe!!
Pray for all our CUC Classmates and their families to stay safe and avoid this terrible communicable virus which has so changed our daily lives.
- Tom Cantrell’s follow up cystoscopy delayed until April 15 due to Coronavirus.
- Tom Erdman – As he continues to recover following surgery
- Bob Hamilton for relief of severe hip pain
- John Lemke as he recovers at home from extensive foot surgery. (CUC is providing food while he recovers. Dates are covered through March. Please prepare food for 2 days with one in a non-returnable plate for microwave to use on a second day.)
- Virginia and Stan Thomason need our prayers especially since they have moved to SC to be near their son Scott. Virginia was moved to a skilled nursing facility with an infection in her heel. Unfortunately the move has worsened Virginia’s mental status. Stan is in a senior living facility. He is no longer driving. Stan enjoys phone calls. He has asked us, CUC, to keep them in our prayers.
- Dick Anthony as he continues his recovery.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
- Johnny Johnson as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
CUC Cares and Concerns
- Since we will not be meeting it is important that we keep those CUC prayers coming.
- Please send prayer requests and updates to Sue Waite
- Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made, especially at this difficult time of national emergency with the Corona virus!
- Dave Hills – March 22
- Sharon & Bob Schnakenberg – March 23, 1968 – 52 years!
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on saving those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Continue to save those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
- April 25 – Homestretch Run the River Road Race-postponed by city of Roswell
- May 7-9 – Job Networking Garage Sale
- June 23 – CUC Patriotic Party – 6:00 PM
- Oct. 21-23 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College