Lord teach us to pray – Luke 11:1
CUC HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.
It seems to be the consensus of the majority that we cancel CUC for the next 2 weeks.
Additionally, I just learned worship has been cancelled for 2 weeks. I will let Jim McCormick know as he has emailed me about Sunday.
My words of wisdom:
- Wash your hands and say your prayers
- Germs and Jesus are everywhere.
Who is This?
One of our favorite teachers, Dr. Jim McCormick has our lesson Sunday. His lesson title is “Who is this?” Jim is on track to give the programs at CUC for the next four Sundays, through Palm Sunday. His topic for the series is, “Who Is This?”. This week the lesson planned is: “Who Is This? Jesus, the Man of Prayer”. Scripture: Luke 11:1-4
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Beth & Bob Hamilton and Norma & Dave Hills.
There will be no coffee service however.
80 members + 1 guest + 1 speaker = TOTAL: 82
Donations to Flood Relief
CUC has sent $4,540 to Christ United Methodist Church in Jackson, Mississippi.
I am most happy with the number of CUC members that stepped up to send aid to those in need. Our average Sunday attendance is 100…….Our giving was at 80 percent. What a wonderful world……..Thanks! Jim Boswell
CUC Small Group Dinners
Plan to sign up to attend or host one of our CUC April Small Group Dinners! We started passing the clipboard for the Small Group Dinners last Sunday.
We will continue to do that through March 29th. Kris Taylor will take email requests through that date as well. Our committee will meet to make the assignments on or about March 30th….so all who are interested should get on the list before the end of the month.
The Voices of Mimosa Concert
The concert scheduled for this Sunday, March 15th, at 3PM in our sanctuary of The Voices of Mimosa will not be held. It will be rescheduled for another date.
Job Networking Being Honored
Many CUC members are actively involved in the Job Networking program two Monday nights each month. RUMC’s Job Networking program will be honored at the State Capitol on March 18th.
Wednesday Night Out
Wednesday Night Out will be canceled for this week.
Aging Gracefully University
We all want to be proactive in best care practices for our “Golden Years”. Gather in the Dodson Center at 6pm on Tuesday, March 24, for an evening of up to three 20-minute sessions of your choice with respected professionals in the field, starting with an intro to the evening led by Beth Casey of Caravita Home Care. Sessions will focus on topics such as residence options and long term care, Medicare, finances and more. Advance registration is suggested to secure your seat in the desired classes. Registration: rumc.com/care or Mary Stokes, 770-261-1741.
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Save and bring in those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! Recently the Wrights turned in our CUC collection of 20 pounds of pop tops (worth 40-50 cents a pound)
- Tom Erdman – As he continues to recover following surgery
- Bob Hamilton has to have a hip replacement. They cannot do it because of his age. They are doing a “shot” which is surgery as soon as he can get a date. He cannot walk without severe pain.
- John Lemke as he recovers at home from extensive foot surgery. (CUC is providing food while he recovers. Dates are covered through March but we will pass sign-up again. Please prepare food for 2 days with one in a non-returnable plate for microwave to use on a second day.)
- Virginia and Stan Thomason – are moving to Greer SC. Virginia is moving to a rehab facility and Stan will be staying with his son Scott for now. Scott Thomason’s address is 114 Sugar Cane Ct., Greer SC 29650
- Dick Anthony as he continues his recovery.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
- Johnny Johnson as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor Sue Waite of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list
CUC Sunday Cares and Concerns
On Sundays there is a basket with cards and a pen for you to write down your prayer requests and/or thanksgivings. It will be on the table to the left as you come in the double doors. After you fill it out, give the card to Sandy Griffin and she will read it from the podium. Our prayer requests are too important and we want everyone to hear them.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Pat Ball – Mar 17
- Margie Avery – Mar 18
- Virginia Thomason – Mar 20
- Sandy & Bill Griffin – March 16, 1968 – 52 years!
- March 15 – The Voices of Mimosa Concert – postponed
- March 24 – Aging Gracefully University – 6 PM
- March 27-29 – The Acting UP production of Life with Father-postponed.
- May 7-9 – Job Networking Garage Sale
- June 23 – CUC Patriotic Party – 6:00 PM
- Oct. 21-23 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College