It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before. By his faith Noah condemned the rest of the world, and he received the righteousness that comes by faith.
Sunday, January 26, 2020
Is Faith a Journey on an Ark or a Cruise Ship?
Mark Goodwin has our lesson this coming Sunday. His lesson title is “Is Faith a Journey on an Ark or a Cruise Ship?” Mark always brings us a wonderful lesson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Sue & Hugh Gardner, Steve Covert, and Linda Mooney
92 members + 5 visitors + 1 teacher = 98
CUC Sunday Cares and Concerns
On Sundays there is a basket with cards and a pen for you to write down your prayer requests and/or thanksgivings. It will be on the table to the left as you come in the double doors. After you fill it out, give the card to Sandy Griffin and she will read it from the podium. Our prayer requests are too important and we want everyone to hear them.
Mardi Gras Party
CUC’s second annual Mardi Gras Party will be on February 25, at 6:00 PM at the Huntcliff River Club. Our first one was such fun that over 70 people have signed up already! Red beans and rice Jambalaya will be served. This will be “pot luck” for sides and appetizers. Sign up on Sunday morning! Contact Garlinn or Mike Story with any questions.
CUC Neighborhood Care Groups
The Neighborhood Care Group list is now updated and has been sent out via email by Dave Roberts and have now been incorporated into our CUC contact list by Doug Tatom.
If you notice that anyone in your group has been absent for a while send them a card or a phone call. Have a big dinner party, or dessert and coffee and play games, or come to Wednesday Night Dinner and sit together. Anything you can think of that is good fellowship!
Thanks to Doug Tatom!
Thanks to Doug Tatom we have on outstanding and very useful CUC website. If you are a CUC Class member, see Doug to find out how to add the list of CUC contacts to your cell phone so you will always have all the information you need to find about your classmates literally at your fingertips: all contact information; pictures, address, phone, email address, how to get to their home, as well as the Neighborhood Care Group they are in. You must also know the password.
Wednesday Night Out
This Wednesday night we continue a new series of Wednesday Night Out suppers. Come and enjoy delicious food, warm fellowship and a friendly place to be. Roger Davis and Larry Hunt are making arrangements for short programs at the Wednesday night dinners and have entertainment lined up.
This week entertainment will be provided by Raleigh Warren a young, very accomplished pianist who will be playing background music with a couple of special pieces during the middle of the dinner time. Make your plans to be there…..don’t miss it!!
Jacob Crane and his excellent staff will be preparing a great meal. This week’s menu is:
- Caribbean Pulled Pork with Fresh Chimichurri
- Black Beans and Rice, Roasted Plantains
- Fresh Yeast Rolls, Soup de Jour
- Featured Salad Bar, Vanilla Coconut Cream Cake
Serving hours: 4:45-6:30 pm, take out available until 6:45. In case you have missed out Jacob prepares take-out dinners enough for two for $5. We hear they are delicious!
Homestretch Peachtree Tea
Support Homestretch while attending this wonderful annual event! The Homestretch Peachtree Tea is coming up on Tuesday, February 25th. It is held at the Country Club of the South.
Tickets are $80 and it is a major fundraiser along with its silent auction for Homestretch. CUC usually fills at least one table and we carpool from the church. Talk to Lynn Adcock for information. For tickets call 770-642-9185 or Homestretch.org
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Save and bring in those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Sister Bachus for relief of severe back pain
- Barbara Davis at North Fulton Hospital recovering from another stroke
- Tom Erdman – scheduled for surgery on Feb. 3 for a recurrence of liposarcoma
- Juliana Goodson – for a good recovery from knee surgery last Wednesday. Her surgery went well and she thanks the class for all the prayers, calls, and texts. She said she felt covered with all the prayers and appreciates them so much.
- Johnny Johnson and Donna as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- Dick Anthony as he continues his recovery
- Tom Cantrell as he continues his radiation treatments through January
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Bob Davis now at Ivey Ridge
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list)
- Ann McNew – Jan 28
- Lesleigh Coelho – Jan 31
- Feb 22 – Birthday Party at Murphy Harpst
- Feb 25 – CUC Mardi Gras Party at Huntcliff River Club
- Feb 25 – HomeStretch Peachtree Tea – 11:00 AM
- June 24 – CUC Patriotic Party – 6:00 PM
- Oct. 21-23 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College