Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Happy New Year!
Sunday, January 5, 2020
New Year’s Revolution
This Sunday Rev. Joe McKechnie is our CUC class teacher. His subject is “New Year’s Revolution”. This is a good way to start off the new year with a lesson from the pastor that we so enjoyed as he led our 2019 CUC retreat.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Lesleigh & Jeff Coelho and Patsy & Bill Lanham
91 members + 1 guest = 92 total
WEDNESDAY NIGHT OUT
This Wednesday night, January 8, we will begin a new series of Wednesday Night Out suppers. Come and enjoy delicious food, warm fellowship and a friendly place to be. Jacob Crane and his excellent staff will be preparing a great meal for opening night. Other changes are being planned for the evening. Make your plans to be there…..don’t miss it!!
This week’s menu is:
- Chicken Cacciatori, Herbed Rice Pilaf, Vegetable Medley
- Buttered Yeast Rolls, Tomato Bisque,
- Featured Salad Bar
- Key Lime Pie.
SEL Winter Classes
Seniors Enriched Living is celebrating 30 years of offering classes to senior adults! Join us for our winter session from January 7-February 27, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Dodson Youth Center. Attend as many classes as you like for one fee of $60. Topics include history, current events, arts, music, healthcare, and more. Registration: selroswellga.org or 770.587.3750.
RUMC Mission Booth
Drop off your donations for the Mission Booth at the RUMC Main Office, Chapel building. Needed is jewelry, small furniture, collectibles, and best-seller hardback books. Income from the booth goes for missions. The booth is in City Antiques at 700 Holcomb Bridge Road. Questions/information: Ann Gordon, 770.490.7900 or rumc.com/missionbooth
Alphabet Soup II is the theme of the Charis Gallery’s 6th annual art project and silent auction to benefit RUMC’s local mission partners. All are invited to participate! You may pick up your wooden letter to decorate in the Worship Arts office. Embellished letters are due by February 6.
- Tom Cantrell as he continues his radiation treatments through January
- Tom Erdman – recently diagnosed with a recurrence of liposarcoma and will need surgery
- Evelyn Hatfield – for a full recovery
- Johnny Johnson and Donna as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- Dick Anthony – as he continues his recovery
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Barbara and Bob Davis – both now at Sunrise at Ivey Ridge, 2950 Old Alabama Rd., #224, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
- Sad News from former CUC member Gail Earman. Diana Frei passed away on Sat. Dec. 28th. Her service will be on Wed., Jan. 8th at 11AM at Johns Creek UMC.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this weekly email up to date by notifying the editor (email@example.com)of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list)
- Norma Hills – Jan 5
- Sue Waite – Jan 5
- Jill Head – Jan 6
- Sara Beecham – Jan 6
- Katherine Simons – Jan 10
- Roger Davis – Jan 11
–*– None –*–
- Feb 25 – CUC Mardi Gras Party at Huntcliff River Club
- June 24 – CUC Patriotic Party
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College