An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord”.
Luke 2: 10,11
The Journey to Joy
The title of the CUC lesson this week is: “The Journey to Joy” and it is being led by Bill Griffin. This is the third of the Advent Lessons, from the advent lesson book Light of the World by Amy-Jill Levine. This series includes excellent videos of the author telling the story of the birth of Christ.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Mary Kay Mills, Charlotte Boroughs, Bob Morisey, and Janice Scalzo
86 members +1 guest = 87
Operation Christmas Child
Congratulations CUC! Lynn Roberts has announced that we reached our goal of donating 100+ boxes.
Thank you to Nancy & Johny Wright for again hosting a wonderful Christmas open house attended and enjoyed by so many CUC members.
As you are taking out your Required Minimum Distribution consider making a donation to the RMC Foundation through the CUC Foundation. This is not only a worthy cause but also a tax saving. Call Vince Grosse if you have questions
RUMC 2020 Pledge Campaign
CUC still places as number 4 for Sunday School class pledges for this next year’s RUMC campaign! Have you sent in your pledge yet?
Annual Messiah Sing-Along
Sing along with the Michael O’Neal Singers this Sunday at 3 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Add your voice to a chorus of hundreds in this annual holiday tradition! Bring your own score, or purchase one there. Along with vocal soloists and chamber orchestra, hundreds of singers will perform the Christmas portion and “Hallelujah” from Handel’s Messiah. Listeners are welcome, too! Tickets/information: 770.594.7974 or mosingers.com
Please let George Waite know if you are available to assist with ushering at the 11:00 pm service in the chapel on Christmas Eve.
We are looking for a few good hands to help with the RUMC Library for the upcoming year. Duties would include shelving and managing the check-in system. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Rev. Melissa Mobley at email@example.com
SEL Winter Classes
Seniors Enriched Living is celebrating 30 years of offering classes to senior adults! Join us for our winter session from January 7-February 27, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Dodson Youth Center. Attend as many classes as you like for one fee of $60. Topics include history, current events, arts, music, healthcare, and more. Registration: selroswellga.org or 770.587.3750.
- Tom Erdman – recently diagnosed with a recurrence of liposarcoma and will need surgery after talking with doctors
- Johnny Johnson and Donna as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Barbara Davis – who is now at Fountainview Center and Bob Davis at home with family help
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Dick Anthony – His multi myeloma is in remission!
- Fred Brown and Malone Dodson both back to CUC and looking well after recent scares
- Tom Cantrell – as he has been treated for bladder cancer and was pronounced cancer-free
- Bob Leckie – doing well after recent hospitalization with infected toe
- Ann McNew – Home after short hospital stay with all test results normal
- Evelyn Grosse – daughter-law of Donna & Vince Grosse who has had successful life-saving surgery for a non-malignant brain tumor
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor(firstname.lastname@example.org)of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list)
- Lynda Leckie – Dec. 26
- Jim Boswell – Dec. 27
- Brenda Burrell – Dec. 28
- Patricia Deaton – Dec. 28
- Bettie and John Goss – December 27, 1961 – 58 years !
- Pat and Grady Phillips – December 28, 1963 – 56 years !
- Dec 13, 7:30, Dec.15, 3PM-Christmas Festival Concerts
- Dec. 14 – 4-5:30 PM – An Evening in Bethlehem
- Dec. 22 – 3 PM – Annual MOS Messiah Sing-Along
- Dec 24 -10:00 AM Christmas Eve Morning Worship with Communion
- 4:00 PM Christmas Eve Family Worship
- 6:00 PM Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
- 11:00 PM Christmas Eve Candlelight & Communion Service
- Feb 25 – CUC MardiGras Party at Huntcliff River Club
- June 24 – CUC Patriotic Party
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College