“The angel replied, The Holy Spirit will come over you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the one who is to be born will be holy. He will be called God’s son. Luke 1:35
Sunday, December 15, 2019
The Promise of Potential
Garlinn Story will be delivering the lesson this coming Sunday. The title is “The Promise of Potential”. This is the second of the Advent Lessons, from the advent lesson book Light of the World by Amy-Jill Levine. This series includes excellent videos of the author telling the story of the birth of Christ.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Judy & Sieg Hoogstraal and Lenna & John Sharp
91 CUC members
Christmas Festival Concerts
Don’t miss this incredible annual holiday tradition! RUMC’s Christmas Festival Concerts are Friday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 15 at 3 p.m. Tickets are complimentary but required, and available in the Main Office, Chapel building; the Worship Arts Office, Sanctuary building; or ONLINE.
SEL Winter Classes
Seniors Enriched Living is celebrating 30 years of offering classes to senior adults! Join us for our winter session from January 7-February 27, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Dodson Youth Center. Attend as many classes as you like for one fee of $60. Topics include history, current events, arts, music, healthcare, and more. Registration: selroswellga.org or 770.587.3750.
As you are taking out your Required Minimum Distribution consider making a donation to the RMC Foundation through the CUC Foundation. This is not only a worthy cause but also a tax saving. Call Vince Grosse if you have questions.
A Recommended Movie
“A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood“ -a story about Fred Rogers
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is discontinued and changed to an online system which may still be a few years off, please keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Save and bring in those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
And remember to set up accounts and use your purchases at Publix and Amazon Smile to support Murphy Harpst.
- Dick Anthony – on the death of his brother on Wednesday. Dick is improving and seems to be getting around better. He still has a long road ahead to be totally independent
- Fred Brown following surgery to have a cardiac defibrillator implanted.
- Johnny Johnson and Donna as he continues chemo for his pancreatic cancer.
- Rev. Jeff Ross as he recovers from hip surgery
- Evelyn Grosse – daughter-law of Donna & Vince Grosse who has been diagnosed with a meningioma in her brain and is having surgery this Friday morning at Northside Hospital.
- Dave Stewart, seriously ill husband of friend of Jan Ligon in Indianapolis had 7th pace maker put in on Thursday to opposite side of chest due to recurring infections.
- Tom Cantrell – as he is treated for bladder cancer
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Barbara Davis – who is now at Fountainview Center and Bob Davis at home with family help
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor(email@example.com)of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list)
- — None —
- Marianna and Fred Brown – December 18, 1966 – 53 years !
- Dec 13, 7:30 PM, Dec.15, 3 PM – Christmas Festival Concerts
- Dec. 14 – 4-5:30 PM – An Evening in Bethlehem
- Dec. 22 -3 PM – Annual MOS Messiah Sing-Along
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College