And all people will see God’s salvation.”
Sunday, October 20, 2019
A Place of Hope
Rev. Nancy Lane is bringing us the CUC lesson this Sunday. Her topic is “A Place of Hope”. As Associate Pastor/Pastoral Care at RUMC for about the past 18 years Nancy is well known to us and her work and caring is known and appreciated by all of us. In the few times she has led our CUC class she always brings us a good message.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Martha & Tom Knight and Garlinn & Mike Storey
71 Members + 1 Speaker + 2 Visitors = TOTAL: 74
CUC Neighborhood Care Groups
Sandy Griffin and Kris Taylor have organized our large class into groups by geographical locations so that if someone needs a helping hand, transportation, or whatever, we will be aware of who lives near us who can come assist when and if help of some sort is needed. Here are the coordinators for our Neighborhood Care Groups:
- Maureen Osborn – Marietta NCG
- Charlotte Burroughs – Alpharetta NCG
- Sandy Griffin – Woodstock NCG
- Margie Avery – Roswell 30076 NCG
- Martha Jane Mason and Sharon Erdman – Roswell 30075 NCG
Christmas is coming!
The annual CUC Christmas Party will be Tuesday, December 3, 6-10 PM at the Metropolitan Club. This is the biggest and best CUC party of the year. Be sure you have marked your calendars! The cost will be $40 per person and the reservations will need to be in by November 17th. Be sure to pick up your bag for the white elephant gift exchange. The sign-up sheet will be passed this Sunday. Contact MariAnna Brown or Lesleigh Coelho with any questions.
Operation Christmas Child
Yes, Christmas is coming! Start collecting your goodies to put in the boxes for Operation Christmas Child which will be distributed and then collected by Lynn Roberts on November 18th and 25th.
RUMC Wednesday Night Out Dinner
WNO Menu for October 23:
- Shepherd’s Pie with Mushroom Gravy, Herb Roasted Carrots and Parsnips,
- Fresh Buttered Yeast Rolls,Vegetable Soup, Featured Salad Bar, Strawberry Shortcake
Serving hours: 4:45-6:30 pm, take out available until 6:45 pm
Gibbs Gardens Senior Day Trip
Jeff Ross has set up a trip for the Seniors for Friday, Oct. 25th to Gibbs Garden. The Japanese Maple trees should be beautiful! The plan is to meet at the church parlor at 9am to board the buses and return by 3 pm. Register by October 21: rumc.com/gibbsgardens
Be sure to get your Shingles shots and your flu shots!
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Before the Box Top plan is completely discontinued and changed to an online system, please keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions.
Save and bring in those flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses!
And remember to set up accounts and use your purchases at Publix and Amazon Smile to support Murphy Harpst.
- Dick Anthony – Still hospitalized at Northside Hospital Cumming. He would like to see anyone that wants to come. Still waiting to go to rehab when his condition improves.
- Julian Belote – He will be in rehab following his hip fracture until October 24. He is improving each day but it is slow going. So grateful to our wonderful class for calls, cards, emails, texts and especially for prayers
- Tom Cantrell – as he begins treatment for stage 1 bladder cancer
- Barbara Davis – hospitalized twice recently with blood clots in her legs and lungs
- Johnny Johnson and Donna as they begin course of therapy for his pancreatic cancer and return to their old home in Roswell
- George Martin and Sandy as George recovers at home from major surgery and determines further treatment. He appreciates the cards, emails, and texts, but is not quite ready for visitors.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney and (Mr.) Pat as she continues to battle multiple myeloma.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor(firstname.lastname@example.org)of any CUC members who need to be added, updated, or removed from the list)
- §§ none §§
- Babs and Shaw Skillings – Oct 22, 1966 – 53 years!
- Oct. 25 – RUMC Gibbs Garden Senior Trip
- Oct. 29 – Homestretch Golf Tournament
- Dec. 3 – CUC Christmas Party at the Metropolitan Club
- Dec. 5,6,7 – RUMC Christmas Gift Show