The purpose of a person’s heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Come Play, Come Volunteer, Come Support!
This Sunday come meet Elizabeth Hamilton, Executive Director of the Roswell United Methodist Church Foundation, Inc.
She will present an overview of the CUC Class’s continued participation in the foundation as well as promote the final call for the annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament…Come Play, Come Volunteer, Come Support! Elizabeth’s selected reading is Proverbs 20:5.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Nancy Spence, and Diane Stephens, and Margie Avery
1 teacher + 2 guests + 100 members = total 103
CUC Small Group Dinners
CUC Fall Small Group Dinners are being organized with the hostesses now being notified about the names of their guests. This is a great opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates better while enjoying a great time out. If you would like to attend but did not have the opportunity to sign up in class contact Kris Taylor.
CUC SMALL GROUPS
Participation in a small group has been a blessing to many members of the CUC Class. This Sunday there will again be a short announcement about small groups and an informal meeting after the class (in the back of the room near the piano) to provide information to those interested in being a part of this ministry. If you have questions or would like to join a group please contact Gale or Roger Davis.
CUC Fall Retreat
The theme of our CUC retreat, led by Dr. Joe McKechnie will be “ Under Construction”.
About 53 of our CUC members plan to relax and commune with God and nature at the Lodge in the Amicalola Falls State Park, October 8-10, in the splendid north GA Mountains. Information about amount and when payment will be due for extra retreat expenses will be coming soon. If you have any questions contact George Waite or Tom Knight.
Coming soon! Sandy Griffin and Kris Taylor are starting work to organize our large class into groups by geographical locations so that if someone needs a helping hand, transportation, or whatever, we will be aware of who lives near us who can come assist when and if help of some sort is needed.
RUMC Wednesday Night Dinner
Join your fellow classmates!
Serving hours: 4:45-6:30pm, take out available until 6:45pm
WNO Menu for September 25:
- Herb Roasted Bone in Chicken with Dijon Cream Sauce
- Vegetable Rice Pilaf, Sautéed Carrots and Green Beans
- Fresh Yeast Rolls, Featured Salad Bar, Banana Split Cake
Jacob Crane, Director of Hospitality is now selling frozen take home meals out of the kitchen. Each meal is in a microwavable container that is dishwasher safe Each container is $5.00 apiece and contains 2 servings per container.
RUMC Sunday Evening Outreach
RUMC’s new bi-monthly ministry outreach of a Sunday evening service at Vickery Rose Adult Community, the retirement community at 295 E. Crossville Road, will continue on this Sunday, September 22nd. There is the hope that the service could be a mission outpost for the church, but also a fun and inspirational service option for RUMC members who would like to experience Sunday Evening worship. Bonnie White is the pianist and Jeff Ross is the preacher for the “Vespers” type service held in the theater room at Vickery Rose.
Believe Benefit Celebration
Join your CUC friends for an unforgettable evening of magic, music, cheesecake and coffee on Thursday, October 3rd at 7pm in the Fellowship Hall. We will be reserving tables of 8 for the CUC Class. We have 38 CUC reservations so far! For free tickets see Claudia Phelps or Garlinn Story.
This is an event celebrating the work of Jane Riley and Greg Davidson and Believe Ministries as they continue to share the Gospel and reach the world for Christ. Your ticket will assure you a seat…and they are going faster than ever this year. Our deadline to order tables and desert is September 25, so please request your tickets by then…the sooner the better!
22nd Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament
Before your calendar gets filled up, make sure you head on over to RUMC.com/golf and get yourself and your buddies registered to play in the 22nd Annual Malone Dodson Golf Tournament, Monday, October 7, 2019, at the Woodmont Golf Club, Canton, GA! This spectacular event funds the operations of the RUMC Foundation, Inc. where investment earnings distribute over $150,000 a year to phenomenal causes! Sign up to play, or a foursome with your friends, volunteer, or become a sponsor. Questions? Ask George Waite or Lynn Adcock
- Dick Anthony – hospitalized at Northside Hospital in Cumming for recovery from recent complications from chemotherapy
- Babs Skillings for relief of pain and continued healing following a fall which fractured several vertebrae and caused extensive skin loss on her leg.
- Betty Smith for good recovery following surgery last Tuesday for a lumbar decompression and fusion. She is recovering in the hospital and will be going to rehab.
- Johnny Johnson and Donna, who recently moved, as Johnny has been found to have a mass in his pancreas and will be meeting with doctors to determine course of action.
- Maureen and Gene Osborne and their daughter who was transferred Thursday from St. Josephs Hospital Emergency to Emory for treatment of a brain aneurysm.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved and she hopes to stop chemo soon. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Betty and Don Gay at home with assistance
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for CUC members, and for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor of any CUC members who need to be added or removed from the list)
- Jim Ehlers – Sept. 22
- Mike Ewing – Sept. 22
- Wilfred Boayue – Sept. 23
- Beth Hamilton – Sept. 24
- Gene Osborn – Sept. 27
- Mary Kay Mills – Sept. 28
- — None —
- Oct. 3 -7PM – Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 29 – Homestretch Golf Tournament
- Dec. 3 – CUC Christmas Party at Metropolitan Club
- Dec. 5,6,7 – RUMC Christmas Gift Show