“Remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the world!”
Sunday, September 8, 2019
When Trouble Comes
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Julianna Goodson, Bettie & John Goss, and Jane Bailey.
97 Members + 3 Guests + 1 Speaker = 101!
RUMC Name Tags
If you would like a magnetic RUMC name tag please sign the appropriate clip board which will be passed in CUC or contact Gale Davis
CUC Braves Baseball Game
Thanks to Bill Scott for organizing a CUC outing for 14 CUC members this past Thursday night to join him for his birthday at the Braves stadium. They enjoyed watching the Braves beat the Washington Nationals 4 to 2. Thanks to Roger Davis for driving the bus.
CUC Fall Retreat
About 53 of our CUC members plan to relax and commune with God and nature at the CUC Fall Retreat at the Lodge in the Amicalola Falls State Park , October 8-10, in the splendid north GA Mountains. Information about amount and when payment will be due for extra retreat expenses will be coming soon. If you have any questions contact George Waite or Tom Knight.
CUC Small Group Dinners
Small Group Dinners are being organized. Be sure to sign up on the clipboard when it is passed on Sunday or contact Kris Taylor to be included.
RUMC Wednesday Night Dinner
Serving hours: 4:45-6:30pm, take out available until 6:45pm
WNO Menu for September 11 is Shrimp Sauce or Mushroom Ragu over Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits, Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Fresh Yeast Rolls, Featured Salad Bar, and Pineapple Cake.
Jacob Crane, Director of Hospitality is now selling frozen take home meals out of the kitchen. Each meal is in a microwavable container that is dishwasher safe Each container is $5.00 apiece and contains 2 servings per container. Currently in stock: Mac and Cheese, Baked Ziti, and Chicken Parmesan. He will also have plenty of Chicken Pot Pie starting Monday evening.
Seniors Enriched Living
Seniors Enriched Living (SEL): Tue/Thu, September 17 – November 7 in the Dodson Youth Center. Continuing education classes for ages 50+ available on such topics as history, art, behavioral economics, genealogy, and Music Fun, taught by RUMC’s Worship Arts Ministry. Cost is $60 for as many classes as you want to take! Register HERE or 770.587.3750.
RUMC Sunday Evening Outreach
RUMC’s new bi-monthly ministry outreach of a Sunday evening service at Vickery Rose Adult Community, the retirement community at 295 E. Crossville Road, will continue on September 8th and 22nd. There is the hope that the service could be a mission outpost for the church, but also a fun and inspirational service option for RUMC members who would like to experience Sunday Evening worship. Bonnie White is the pianist and Jeff Ross is the preacher for the “Vespers” type service held in the theater room at Vickery Rose.
- Larry Douglas who had gallbladder removal surgery on Tuesday for a continued good recovery
- Betty and Don Gay – back in their own home where Betty now has a caregiver
- Rose Lappe who has been having ongoing therapies since her cancer surgery but is hoping to be back to CUC soon
- Babs Skillings for relief of pain following a fall which fractured several vertebrae
- Betty Smith as she anticipates back surgery
- Nancy Van Horn – for a good recovery following a fall.
- Dick Anthony – as he deals with Shingles and Multiple Myeloma. Also continue to pray for Laverne Lamb as she provides care for Dick and manages the many appointments that are necessary throughout each week.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved and she hopes to stop chemo soon. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Shirley and PD May and Barbara and Bob Davis returned to CUC this Sunday after Shirley’s and Barbara’s long bouts with the effects of Shingles
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
(Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor of any CUC members who need to be added or removed from this list)
- Bob Carpenter – Sep 9
- Jill Caviness – Sep 14
- Pat & Fred Ball – September 10, 1960
- Judy and Dal Zierk – Sep 12, 1964
- Oct. 3 -7 PM – Believe Ministries Benefit Celebration
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 29 – Homestretch Golf Tournament
- Dec. 3 – CUC Christmas Party at Metropolitan Club
- Dec. 5,6,7 – RUMC Christmas Gift Show