“When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers – the moon and the stars you have set in place – what are mortals that you should think of us, mere mortals that you should care for us?”
Sunday, July 21, 2019
What is on the final exam?
Our teacher this Sunday is Dave Mueller, a member of the Crosstalk Sunday School Class. He has taught our class before and we look forward to welcoming him back. Dave’s subject is “What is on the final exam?’ The overall scripture passage is Micah 6:6-8.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Babs & Shaw Skillings and Judy & Dal Zierk
90 members + 3 visitors + guest speaker = 94
New CUC Donations
With the results from the potluck supper love offering of over $1600 plus some additional funds from the CUC treasury, checks in the amount of $1,000 have been given to Homestretch and to the Murphy-Harpst Children’s Home in Cedartown.
CUC Wednesday Night Out
This past Wednesday evening, 36 of us dined at Brookwood Grill.
Reservation has been made for Altobeli’s Italian restaurant [MENU] for 5:30 pm on next Wednesday, July 24. The location is 3000 Old Alabama Rd, Alpharetta (corner of Haynes Bridge Rd & Old Alabama Rd). The owner will again provide free hors d’oeuvres for each table in our group.
If you don’t sign up on Sunday and can attend or you sign up and can’t attend please notify Larry or Ann Douglas by noon Tuesday, so we can provide the restaurant with an accurate count.
CUC Class Officers for 2020
Time flies by! August 4th is the date that new Sunday School Class officers and committee members take over some of the tasks of keeping our Christians Under Construction Class organized, taught, cared for, prayed for, entertained, and in touch with one another.
Please look over your 2018-19 list of CUC officers and if there are any committees that you see that you think you would like to contribute your own talents to please call or email Sara Beecham
MUST Summer Lunches
CUC will be picking up supplies on Monday, July 22 and will be packing bags in the DOD at 10:00 on Tuesday, July 23.
Contact Sandy Griffin if you would like to help, or just come. Many hands make light work!
MUST Summer Lunch Program will continue to deliver lunches each day through August 9. To sign up to pack and load lunches or to drive and ride on a delivery route, visit rumc.com/MUST.
Members still wishing to make donations to the summer lunch program should make out their checks to CUC and include “MUST summer lunches” on the line for notes.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Acting UP is presenting Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in five shows running July 25-28. With a live orchestra, a cast of 45, and costumes from New York, this classic Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is not to be missed!
This popular musical re-imagines the biblical story of Joseph, his eleven brothers, and his coat of many colors. Tickets are available from the Worship Arts office or the Acting UP box office. $10 General Admission, $25 reserved seating. Information: 678.871.7766
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions and flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! And remember to set up accounts and use your purchases at Publix and Amazon Smile to support. Murphy Harpst.
- Kathy Carpenter—Jul 22
- Linda Cantrell—Jul 22
- Bettie Goss—Jul 23
- Steve Covert—Jul 27
- Myra Belote for good recovery following revision hip surgery
- Pat Deaton and her daughter Lara Deaton Mittlehouser as Lara recovers at home
- Jeff Koelho who will be having cervical disk surgery on July 26
- Laverne Lamb on the loss of her sister as she deals with her own health issues, and as she continues to help Dick Anthony
- Dick Anthony– who is improving as he continues treatment for Multiple Myeloma
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved and she hopes to stop chemo soon. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
- Diane Frei and Gail Earman (former CUC members) as Diana is in her last months of her battle with Lymphoma.
- Marlene McLeod back to CUC recovering from recent shoulder fracture
( Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor of any CUC members who need to be added or removed from this list)
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Tuesday, July 23 –RUMC Chick-fil-A Day Trip
- July 25-28– Acting Up – “Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat”
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Dec. 3 – CUC Christmas Party at Metropolitan Club