“What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen for his own.” Psalms 33:12
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Our lesson this Sunday will be brought by Dr. Jim McCormick. The title of his lesson is: “One Nation Under God”. The lesson is based on the scripture passage Psalms 33:8-22.
Listen To Dr McCormick’s Lesson
Jim’s lesson will help us as we continue the celebration of Independence Day.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Gloria & Jack Stadler and Patsy & Bill Lanham
1 teacher + 2 guests + 91 members = 94 total
The CUC Patriotic Potluck Picnic
It was as a GREAT party, with GREAT food, GREAT entertainment and GREAT folks who contributed $1500 to our chosen recipients ($750 to Homestretch and $750 to Murphy Harpst).
CUC Wednesday Night Out
CUC Wednesday Night Dinner for July 10 at 5:30 pm will be at: Slopes BBQ, 34 E Crossville Rd., Roswell. If you don’t sign up and can attend or you sign up and can’t attend please notify Pat or Grady Phillips: phone 770-587-5392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Tuesday.
MUST Summer Lunches
A group from CUC packed lunch bags this past Tuesday, July 2.
Members still wishing to make donations to the summer lunch program should make out their checks to CUC and include “MUST summer lunches” on the line for notes. MUST Summer Lunch Program will continue to deliver lunches each day through August 9. To sign up to pack and load lunches or to drive and ride on a delivery route, visit rumc.com/MUST
Hot Dogs and Ice Cream on The Commons
Join us this Sunday, July 7, at noon on The Commons for complimentary grilled hot dogs and sweet treats from Atlanta Ice Cream Truck. No reservations needed—everyone is invited! Please stop by to enjoy good food and fellowship courtesy of the RUMC Hospitality Ministry.
Job Networking will meet Monday, July 8, with afternoon workshops starting at 12:30 p.m. Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. with dinner speaker Mark Goodwin.
Caregivers’ Support Group
Do you care for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia? Or know someone who is? Join us for a caregivers’ support group on Wednesday, July 10, at 10 a.m. in room 239, Chapel building.
RUMC Senior Day Trip:
Tuesday, July 23, will be a Senior Day Trip to the Chick-fil-A headquarters for a tour of the facilities and lunch at The Dwarf House. Cost is $15 (does not include lunch); register by Sunday, July 14 at rumc.com/seniordaytrip. Questions: Dr. Jeff Ross, email@example.com
Summer Bible studies
Summer Bible studies will begin on July 11 (Braving the Wilderness, Brene Brown) and July 16 (Listening to Scripture: Strategies for Interpreting the Bible, The Kerygma Program). To register, go to:http://www.rumc.com/special-interest-short-term-classes/
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Acting UP is Presenting Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat .
With a live orchestra, a cast of 45, and costumes from New York, this classic Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is not to be missed! The production runs July 25-28. Tickets are available from the Worship Arts office or the Acting UP box office. $10 General Admission, $25 reserved seating. Information: 678.871.7766
Box Tops and Flip Tops, etc.
Keep on bringing in those accumulated Box Tops for Education for Red Bird Missions and flip tops for Ronald McDonald Houses! And remember to set up accounts and use your purchases at Publix and Amazon Smile to support. Murphy Harpst.
- Craig Simons — July 11
- Donna and Vince Grosse—July 11, 1965-54 years!
- Lenna and John Sharp—July 11, 1964 – 55 years!
- Betty and Larry Hunt—July 13, 1963 – 56 years!
( Please help to keep this list up to date by notifying the editor of any CUC members who need to be added or removed from this list)
- Dick Anthony– Pray for good recovery from surgery on his leg as he continues treatment for Multiple Myeloma
- Myra Belote for good recovery following revision hip surgery last Monday for recalled hip device.
- Marlene McLeod for healing of shoulder injury following a fall
- Pat Deaton who is scheduled for cataract surgery this week and her daughter Lara Deaton Mittlehouser who has been hospitalized for a week at Northside Cherokee with gal stones and pancreatitis which has delayed surgery to remove her gallbladder until today.
- Thanksgiving – Shirley May is beginning to get out and about again following bad bout with Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- Tuesday, July 23 –RUMC Chick-fil-A Day Trip
- July 25-28– Acting Up – “Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat”
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Dec. 3 – CUC Christmas Party at Metropolitan Club
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College