…For the Spirit, God gave us, does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline…
2 Timothy 1:7, (NIV)
Sunday – May 19, 2019
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Mary Kay Mills, Bonnie White and MariAnna & Fred Brown
64 + 1 Visitor = 65
In addition, checks totaling $690 were received for Must Ministries summer lunch program.
A contribution of $250 from the CUC Class was given to RUMC for Wesley Woods.
Members wishing to make donations to the summer lunch program should make out their checks to CUC and include “MUST summer lunches” on the line for notes. These checks can be placed in the collection basket any Sunday for the next two months.
The Annual Noah’s Ark Field Day will be held on Saturday, May 18. This is a great event in the life of our church and we are hopeful that you will find some capacity in which you feel called to serve.
This makes such a difference for so many. The event will be held at Grimes Bridge park in Roswell.
I am coming to you today with a request for your help.
This Saturday is the Annual RUMC Field Day event for our own Noah’s Ark Sunday School class. This is such a large event with a long legacy and it serves our community in such a rich way. We are still in need of volunteers to help make this rewarding day happen.
Field Day will be held this Saturday, May 18 at Grimes Bridge Park from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. This is a wonderful event for the entire family to serve. If you are interested in serving with us, please go to the link below and pick your spot to volunteer.
Signup to Volunteer:
Esther C. Collins
Ministry Coordinator Adult Discipleship/Chapel Roswell
Roswell United Methodist Church
Wednesday Night Out
Any questions, please contact Johnny Johnson
The Hospitality Committee has requested that a greeter be placed at the North door in the B building next to our CUC class before the 11:00 am service starting in May and continuing during the odd months.
With our class ending at 10:30 am, a greeter from our class would be the ideal candidate. Please advise Larry Douglas if you can help.
Must Summer Lunch Program
MUST Summer Lunch kicks off Tuesday, May 28!
RUMC serves as the North Fulton hub of the MUST Summer Lunch Program, delivering 1,000 lunches each day of the summer, May 28-July 26. Last year, volunteers donated, packed, and delivered over 50,000 sack lunches to children in our community who receive free and reduced lunch during the school year.
FYI: We now have $1500 put aside for this purpose and it will cost about $3900 for the June, July, August lunches this summer (2400 lunches). Contributions will be needed.
Interested in serving outside? Helping others? Being in Florida?
Join Dr. Jeff Ross from May 30-June 2 for the next Disaster Relief team headed to Marianna, Florida. All skill levels are welcome!
Job Networking will meet Monday, June 10, in the Chapel building, with afternoon workshops starting at 12:30 p.m. Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. with dinner speaker Debbie Goodwin.
Evening workshops are from 7-8 p.m. with keynote speaker at 8 p.m. Information/agenda: rumc.com/jobnetworking
Seniors Enriched Living
Seniors Enriched Living (SEL) will meet for a 6-week session on Thursdays, June 13-July 25 (no class July 4) in the Dodson Youth Center.
Continuing education classes are offered in art, economics, health, history, and more. Come learn and connect with this active group! Register at selroswellga.org or call 770.587.3750.
Thirty-Eighth Annual Roswell Patriotic Celebration
Thirty-Eighth Annual Roswell Patriotic Celebration Concerts are Friday, June 28, at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, June 30, at 3 p.m.
Complimentary tickets will be available beginning May 20 in the Main Office, the Worship Arts office, online at itickets.com, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to RUMC Patriotic Tickets, 814 Mimosa Blvd., Roswell, GA, 30075. For more Information, contact 770.594.0512.
If you would like to honor or memorialize a Veteran or active duty member of the military by purchasing a flower arrangement for the Patriotic Celebration Concerts, please contact Ann Moore at email@example.com or .
Card Writing Ministry
Team members send handwritten notes of care to those who are going through illness, loss of a loved one, or celebrating the birth of a child.
RUMC provides the necessary materials for this ministry. To volunteer, contact Mary Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org or .
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
Other Opportunities to Support Our Missions
From Betty Hunt:
CUC Class members have two easy ways to support Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center in Cedartown, GA. A shopper simply sets up an account with any Publix Supermarket. Then, the next time you shop there, type in your phone number while the cashier is ringing up your order. The school on that campus will automatically be credited with a percentage of your purchase.
Amazon Smile is a second way for customers to support their favorite charitable organization every time they shop with Amazon. If you choose Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center, Amazon will donate a portion of the price of eligible purchases to that Methodist facility.
Be sure to sign up with Publix and with Amazonsmile.com to support Murphy Harpst Children’s Home.
Every Sunday PRINTED INSTRUCTIONS for participation in these two opportunities are available in our classroom.
- Martha Jane Mason – Sunday, May 19
- Barbara Davis – Monday, May 20
- Bob Schnakenberg – Tuesday, May 21
- Myra Belote – Tuesday, May 21
- No Anniversaries this week
- Prayers are requested for George Crolius’ cousin Michelle Hamilton, and family, following Michelle’s passing on Mother’s Day in Florida. Michelle had been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer in February. Michelle had been her Mother Silvas primary caregiver for the past several years.
- Marianna Brown asks for prayers for her niece – Diana, her Husband Chris and baby Jack. The Doctor had to take Jack at 25 weeks because Diana had preeclampsia. Jack weighs 1lb 3oz and is on a ventilator. Please pray for healing for Diana and strength, the Doctors have given Jack a 60% chance of survival.
Update: Diana was able to go home. baby Jack is still on a ventilator. He will not be able to go home until August. Please continue your prayers for baby Jack and his family.
- Dick Anthony has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. Dick’s schedule includes two treatments per week if blood tests are favorable. Please keep Dick in your prayers as he begins this series of treatments and consultations with his doctors.
Update: Beverly talked to LaVerne Lamb – PLease pray for Dick’s liver functions to improve so he may have chemo, and surgery on his right leg. Dick wants to thank CUC for the cards, calls, and especially all the prayers.
- Rose Lappe – pray for a fast recovery from her surgery.
Update: Ann McNew received a message from Jim Lappe: Rose is recovering well. There are ups and downs with her pain, but we are pleased with her progress. She appreciates all the cards, visits, flowers, food and thanks you for the many prayers,
- Janice Scalzo – pray for good recovery and relief of pain following her recent major knee surgery. She continues to improve.
- Shirley May – is improving from the shingles, but is still having some pain. She said she loves her CUC family and will be back as soon as she can walk without a walker.
- Barbara Davis who is recovering from the effects of Shingles and her recent fall.
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple Myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- May 18 – Annual Noah’s Ark Field Day
- May 22 – WNO – Wednesday Night Out – Crabapple Tavern
- June 26 – CUC Picnic Potluck
- June 28 – 38th Annual Patriotic Concert
- June 30 – 38th Annual Patriotic Concert
- Oct. 8 -10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College