“Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him”
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Suddenly Their Eyes Were Opened
We are happy to welcome back Bob Fletcher as our teacher this Sunday and next Sunday. Bob’s topic is “Suddenly their eyes were opened.” For the rest of the story read the account told in Luke 24:13-35. Bob’s lesson is very appropriate for this the first Sunday after Easter.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Pat Stamps, Garlinn & Mike Story, and Mary Serafina.
No Sunday school -Easter Sunday
Job Networking Garage Sale
Garage Sale Extravaganza will be happening next week! Early Bird Sale is Thursday, May 2 – 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. with $10 donation.
Friday, May 3, shop 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, May 4, shop 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Through the generosity of those who DONATE and those who BUY, job seekers enjoy a hot meal every time they attend Job Networking.
Donated items can be dropped off at the trailer near the Fellowship Hall (building “E”) before and after worship services on Sunday. Pick-up is offered for large items April 28 – May 1; contact: Ann Gordon at 770.490.7900. This is now officially a “Garage Sale,Bake Sale and Plant Sale”! If anyone has plants they would like to donate they would love to have them. For information or to volunteer: rumc.com/garagesale
More About the Garage Sale
Volunteers are needed to help with the sale and to donate “treasures”. Please bring ladies clothes (on hangers) and other household items to the Fellowship Hall beginning this Sunday, April 28.
We can also use your help this Monday through Saturday, April 29 – May 4, sorting, setting up, selling, and as cashiers. Fun and easy! 😊 You will see many other CUC members there. We can use you any day, anytime. Check rumc.com/garagesale or see Gale Davis, Mary Serafina, or Dee Scott.
Garage Sale Help Needed
If anyone is interested in helping in the Book Room for the Garage Sale let Dave Roberts know. Several of the usual workers will be out of town.
Mary Serafina is coordinating the bake sale (which was highly profitable last year) at the Garage Sale. Please sign up to contribute your own favorite baked goods. Plan to bring in your baked goods on this Wednesday , May 1 between 2 and 4 PM.
RUMC Annual BBQ
The 5th Annual Church Barbeque will be held Sunday, May 5th, on the Commons from noon – 1:30pm. Please sign-up if you plan to attend at www.rumc.com/bbq. There will be BBQ from Williamson brothers, a jumping room for the kids and an ice cream truck.
CUC Weekly Newsletter
The usual editor of the CUC newsletter and sender of special announcements during the week will not be available during the next couple of weeks due to travel plans. Thankfully CUC has a very good back-up plan in Doug Tatom who has agreed to keep CUC email communications going along with his usual excellent CUC website. From today until Sunday, May 19th please send anything you wish to communicate to CUC members to Doug Tatom. Do not send to the address from which you receive this week’s email!
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
Other Opportunities to Support Our Missions
Be sure to sign up with Publix and with Amazonsmile.com to support Murphy Harpst Children’s Home. How-to information is available in class.
- Robin Hicks – Apr 29
- George Crolius – Apr 30
- Mary Lee & Dick Copeland – May 3, 1969 – 50 years!
Congratulations to Peggy Rodway and Maurice (Mac) McNay who were married recently.
- Dick Anthony has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. Dick’s schedule includes two treatments per week if blood tests are favorable. Please keep Dick in your prayers as he begins this series of treatments and consultations with his doctors. Dick has been a faithful member of RUMC’s Job Networking Ministry and an active participant in the annual Garage Sale. He will be missed in those two ministries as he goes through his treatments.
- Laverne Lamb could use some prayers as she has been suffering from a variety of medical problems recently.
- Rose Lappe – pray for a fast recovery following her surgery which is scheduled for this Friday.
- Janice Scalzo – pray for good recovery and relief of pain following her recent major knee surgery
- Shirley May and Barbara Davis who are still recovering from the effects of Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- May 2 – 4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- May 5 – RUMC Annual BBQ
- June 26 – CUC Picnic Potluck
- Oct. 8 -10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College