Sunday, April 21, 2019
He Is Risen!
Note: There will be no Sunday School on Easter Sunday.
- Sunrise Service – 6:30 – Chapel
- Contemporary Worship Service- 9 am – Sanctuary
- Chapel Roswell Modern Worship Service -10 am – Chapel
- Traditional Worship Service -11 am – Sanctuary
- Chapel Roswell Modern Worship Service -11:30 am – Chapel
Sunday, April 14
Sunday April 14
Golf Cart Drivers Needed!
Jacob Crane has emailed Jim Boswell and asked for Golf Cart Drivers every Sunday, but especially this Easter Sunday. If you feel led to volunteer this coming Easter Sunday, give Jim a call or email.
Wednesday Night Out
Last WNO Until August. Gather around the table once more for food and fellowship. This week’s menu is:
- Stuffed Chicken Roulade with Herbed Cream Sauce
- Vegetable Rice Pilaf, Honey Glazed Carrots
- Fresh Yeast Roll, Salad Bar, Banana Pudding
RUMC Library Books
Stop by the Books to the People tables at Wednesday Night Out on April 24 and browse the selection of new library books available for checkout.
This is also a great time to return any overdue books or DVDs you have checked out. The RUMC library is located in the Parlor across from the Main Office in the Chapel building and has a large selection of books and DVDs.
Job Networking Garage Sale
The Annual Garage Sale and Bake Sale benefiting Job Networking will be held May 2-4. Donated items can be dropped off at the trailer near the Fellowship Hall (building “E”) before and after worship services on Sunday April 28.
Pick-up is offered for large items April 28-May 1; contact: Ann Gordon. This is now officially a “Garage Sale,Bake Sale and Plant Sale”! If anyone has plants they would like to donate they would love to have them. For information or to volunteer: rumc.com/garagesale
More About the Garage Sale
Through the generosity of those who DONATE and those who BUY, job seekers enjoy a hot meal every time they attend Job Networking. Volunteers are needed to help with the sale and to donate “treasures. Please bring ladies clothes (on hangers) and other household items to the Fellowship Hall beginning Sunday, April 28.
We can also use your help Monday- Saturday, April 29 – May 4, sorting, setting up, selling, and as cashiers. Fun and easy 😊! You will join many other CUC members there. We can use you any day, anytime. Check rumc.com/garagesale or see Gale Davis, Mary Serafina, or Dee Scott.
Garage Sale Help Needed
If anyone is interested in helping in the Book Room for the Garage Sale let Dave Roberts know. Several long-time book-sorters and book- sellers will be missing this year!
Mary Serafina is coordinating the Bake Sale (which was highly profitable last year) at the Garage Sale. Please sign up to contribute your own favorite baked goods. Plan to bring in your baked goods on May 1 between 2 and 4 PM.
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
Another batch of Box Tops has been sent off to Red Bird Missions and CUC has received a special Easter card from Red Bird.
Other Opportunities to Support Our Missions
Be sure to sign up with Publix and with Amazonsmile.com to support Murphy Harpst Children’s Home. How-to information is available in class.
- Paul Beecham – Apr 22
- Sister Backus – Apr 24
- Larry Hunt – Apr 26
- Dick Copeland – Apr 26
- Rose Lappe for a fast recovery following her surgery which is scheduled for next Friday, April 26th
- Janice Scalzo for good recovery from her knee surgery
- Claudia Phelps requests prayers for her friend Judy Parker who has liver disease and is trying to get qualified for transplant.
- Shirley May and Barbara Davis who are still recovering from the effects of Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- May 2 – 4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- June 26 – CUC Picnic Potluck
- Oct. 8 -10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 7 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College