“Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will Stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.”
Sunday – March 31, 2019
The Story of Ruth
Our lesson this week will be brought by our own Tom Knight. The lesson title is “The Story of Ruth”, and is based on the book The Epic of Eden by Sandra Richter. The book of Ruth is short, so read the entire book in preparation for the lesson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Linda & Tom Cantrell and Donna & Vince Grosse
Sunday, March 24
Guests 3 + Members 105 = total 108
Sunday March 24
Get Ready for the Fun of Small Group Dinners!
Your Fellowship Committee is preparing for our springtime round of small group dinners. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates at a more intimate gathering. We encourage all, but especially our newest members, to take advantage of dining at a classmate’s home with 6 or 8 other CUCers.
The host provides the main course and wine if desired. Each guest will bring a portion of the meal. Easy peasy!
The committee will start matching up guests and hosts at the end of March. Dinners will be held throughout the spring (April, May, June) as each group selects a date convenient to all.Questions? Comments? Favorite recipes? Send all to Kris or Mary. (Kris Taylor or Mary Serafina).
CUC Refreshments Reminder
A note from Terry and Wanda Taylor – There have been many changes in the 2nd Quarter Refreshment calendar. Please check the CUC website – CUC Refreshments Provider Page to verify those persons that will be hosting with you. Any questions, please contact call Wanda.
Homestretch Road Race
Thank you to the CUC members who have donated generously to support the Homestretch Church Challenge. In preparation for the “Run the River”.
There is still time to donate. Homestretch Race on April 6 Tom Knight is looking for volunteers to assist with parking (at 6AM) and other duties. People are also needed for handing out t-shirts and registration both on Friday afternoon and at the race on Saturday. Please let Tom know if you can help.
Easter Egg Hunt Basket
Responding to a request from Children’s ministry, CUC will be contributing a basket for the Easter Egg Hunt.
Plan to join us on the remaining Tuesdays during Lent, through April 16, for lunch in the Fellowship Hall at noon, followed by a message from Dr. Jeff Ross. No reservations are required: cost for lunch is $6.
Job Networking Garage Sale
Mark your calendars and start collecting things you don’t anymore as you think about downsizing that might bring income to Job Networking at the annual garage sale which is being held at a new time this year. The dates are May 2-4 for the sale and of course a few days before that for volunteers.
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Nancy Wistrand – Mar 31
- Pat Stamps – Apr 1
- Tom Knight -Apr 1
- Dave Roberts – Apr 4
- Gannett Backus – Apr 4
- Pat & Ron Peterson – March 31, 1962- 57 years!
- Barbara Davis – recuperating at home following a bad fall
- Rose Lappe for further tests and surgery to go well and she will be back on her feet soon.
- Janice Scalzo for relief of pain as she awaits knee surgery on April 5
- George Waite on the loss of his sister Jean
- Bob Schnakenberg – recovering well from recent pulmonary embolism
- Peggy Rodway and Maurice (Mac) McNay are getting married on April 13th.
- Shirley May who is still recovering from Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- April 15 – Chick-Fil-A tour
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- June 26 – CUC Picnic Potluck
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC 2019 Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament
- Oct. 21-23, 2020 – CUC annual retreat at Winshape at Berry College