But (Jesus’) mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you”.
Sunday, March 24, 2019
What a Servant Does First
Our lesson for this Sunday will be presented by Debbie Goodwin. We were blessed by Debbie’s teaching last November when her topic was: “Five Prayers That Changed My Life”. This Sunday her topic is: “What a Servant Does First”, based on the scripture passage, John 2:1-11. This is a great follow-up to Mark Goodwin’s lesson last week on “Are you a Volunteer or a Servant?”.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Myra & Julian Belote and Beth & Bob Hamilton
Sunday, March 17
Members 88 + 1 new member = 89
Sunday March 17
Get Ready for the Fun of Small Group Dinners!
Your Fellowship Committee is preparing for our springtime round of small group dinners. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates at a more intimate gathering. We encourage all, but especially our newest members, to take advantage of dining at a classmate’s home with 6 or 8 other CUCers. Here are the details:
1) Sign-ups will be taken until March 24th. A clip board will be passed in class or you can let a committee member know by email that you would like to join in. (Kris Taylor or Mary Serafina).
2) Simply add your name(s) and mark the column “Host” if you would like to hold the dinner in your home.
3) The host provides the main course and wine if desired. Each guest will bring a portion of the meal. Easy peasy!
4) The committee will start matching up guests and hosts at the end of March. Dinners will be held throughout the spring (April, May, June) as each group selects a date convenient to all.
Questions? Comments? Favorite recipes? Send all to Kris or Mary.
There is now a First Aid Kit in the CUC closet equipped with everything from a bandaid to a devices for checking blood pressure and blood oxygen level.
In order to determine if what is needed is in the bag, there is a list of supplies included . With 18 CUC members receiving their certificates having taken a CPR course given by Teresa Dean recently CUC should be prepared for any emergency.
CUC Refreshments Reminder
A note from Terry and Wanda Taylor – There have been many changes in the 2nd Quarter Refreshment calendar. Please check the CUC website to verify those persons that will be hosting with you. Any questions, please call Wanda Taylor.
Homestretch Road Race
Thank you to the CUC members who have donated generously to support the Homestretch Church Challenge. In preparation for the “Run the River” Homestretch Race on April 6 Tom Knight is looking for volunteers to assist with parking (at 6AM) and other duties. Please let Tom know if you can help.
Thank you from Murphy Harpst
Murphy Harpst sent a letter to CUC expressing appreciation to CUC for a recent donation of $500 to support their program to get troubled children on the right path.
Plan to join us on the remaining Tuesdays during Lent, March 26 – April 16, for lunch in the Fellowship Hall at noon, followed by a message from Dr. Jeff Ross. No reservations are required: cost for lunch is $6.
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu :
- Stuffed Pork Loin with Rosemary Pork Jus,
- Gouda Mac and Cheese, Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic Butter
- Fresh Yeast Roll, Salad Bar, Chicken and Rice Soup
- Apple Cobbler
Job Networking Garage Sale
Mark your calendars and start collecting things you don’t anymore as you think about downsizing that might bring income to Job Networking at the annual garage sale which is being held at a new time this year. The dates are May 2-4 for the sale and of course a few days before that for volunteers.
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Maureen Osborn – Mar 24
- Nancy Wright – Mar 29
- Sue & George Waite – March 30, 1968 – 51 years
- Lara Mittelholzer requests prayers for her husband George Mittelhholzer who suffered 2 grand mal seizures on Thursday, and also for her and her mother Pat Deaton
- Larry Douglas had successful surgery for removal of benign parotid gland tumors
- Bob Schnakenberg and Sharon cannot offer up enough THANK YOU tributes to our CUC Sunday School Class for your Love, Prayers and Best Wishes we received during this past week. It all began about 1:30 AM this past Monday Morning. Bob was experiencing numerous pains on his upper left arm and shoulder. Sharon said we are not going to handle this problem alone, so in about 10 minutes we were in an ambulance on our way to Well Star North Fulton hospital. They were ready for us and the treatment procedure began. Over the next three days we received excellent care and advice as to what our next few treatment days would be like. The plan the Hospital Doctors worked out was right on point. Receiving all the kinds of “Get Well Thoughts and your Love and Prayers points out how great it is to be a Member of CUC. Many Numerous Thank Yous !!!!!
- Sue Waite also expresses thanksgiving for all the concerns expressed when she experienced chest pain, though after multiple tests in Urgent Care her heart is fine and she just needs to get her BP meds under control.
- Barbara Davis and Shirley May who are both recovering from Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- March 22-24 – Acting UP! “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- April 15 – Chick-Fil-A tour
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- June 26 – CUC Picnic Potluck
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament