“But among you, it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all.
Mark 10 43-44
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Are You a Volunteer or a Servant?
Our teacher this Sunday is Mark Goodwin. Mark taught the class in September of last year and presented a thought provoking lesson titled “Identity Theft”.
The title of Mark’s lesson this week is: “Are You a Volunteer or a Servant?” Come hear the answer to that question. The scripture passage he is using is Mark 10:35-45.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Bettie & John Goss and Sandy & Bill Griffin
Teacher 1 + guests 3 + members 86 = Total 90
Get Ready for the Fun of Small Group Dinners!
Your CUC Fellowship Committee is preparing for our springtime round of small group dinners. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates at a more intimate gathering. We encourage all, but especially our newest members, to take advantage of dining at a classmate’s home with 6 or 8 other CUC’ers. Here are the details:
- Sign-ups will be taken until March 24th. A clip board will be passed in class or you can let a committee member know by email that you would like to join in. (Kris Taylor or Mary Serafina ).
- Simply add your name(s) and mark the column “Host” if you would like to hold the dinner in your home.
- The host provides the main course and wine if desired. Each guest will bring a portion of the meal. Easy peasy!
- The committee will start matching up guests and hosts at the end of March. Dinners will be held throughout the spring (April, May, June) as each group selects a date convenient to all.
First Aid Kit
In an effort to be prepared for any emergency there is now a First Aid Kit in the CUC closet equipped with everything from a bandaid to a devices for checking blood pressure and blood oxygen level. In order to determine if what is needed is in the bag, there is a list of supplies included .
Afternoon with Anita Renfroe
The Sounds of the Spirit Concert Series and RUMC Women’s Ministry present An Afternoon with Anita Renfroe on Sunday, March 17 at 3 p.m. This Christian comedienne, singer, and author will be sure to entertain with her unique brand of humor. Complimentary childcare is available. Tickets may be purchased in the Main office, Worship Arts office, or online at itickets.com.
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu :
- Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti with Marinara
- Herbed Vegetable Medley, Garlic Bread Sticks, Vegetable Soup
- Featured Salad: Pasta Caesar
- Caramelized Banana Cake
Job Networking Garage Sale
Mark your calendars and start collecting things you don’t anymore that might bring income to Job Networking at the annual garage sale which is being held at a new time this year. The dates are May 2-4 for the sale and of course a few days before that for volunteers.
Seniors Enriched Living
Registration has begun for the SEL spring session. Continuing education classes in finance, art, music, history, theology and more begin March 26 and are held every Tuesday and Thursday for eight weeks in the Dodson Youth Center. Information/registration: selroswellga.org or 770.587.3750
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Margie Avery – Mar 18
- Virginia Thomason – Mar 20
- Dave Hills – Mar 22
- Sharon & Bob Schnakenberg – March 23, 1968 – 51 years
- Virginia Thomason – relief from back issues.
- Barbara Davis and Shirley May who are both recovering from Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- March 22-24 – Acting UP! “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- April 15 – Chick-Fil-A tour
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament