“He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less”.
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Our New Worship Arts Pastor
Dr. Michael Cromwell, Associate Pastor for Worship Arts, will be sharing his story and testimony with us this Sunday. Although he has been at RUMC a relatively short time, we have been blessed through Michael’s ministry.
It will be good to get to know him better as we hear his story and testimony in this smaller group setting. His chosen scripture verse for the morning is: John 3:30
Time Change Sunday!
Remember to “spring forward” this Saturday night–turn your clocks ahead one hour and be on time for Sunday School this week!
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Jan & Allen Buckley and Martha & Tom Knight
Sunday, March 5
Members: 87 | New Member: 1 | Visitors: 4 | Speakers: 2 — Total: 94
Please welcome our newest CUC member, Barbara Zellner. She is already known to choir members.
Get Ready for the Fun of Small Group Dinners!
Your Fellowship Committee is preparing for our springtime round of small group dinners. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates at a more intimate gathering. We encourage all, but especially our newest members, to take advantage of dining at a classmate’s home with 6 or 8 other CUCers. Here are the details:
- Sign-ups will be taken until March 24th. A clip board will be passed in class or you can let a committee member know by email that you would like to join in. (Kris Taylor or Mary Serafina ).
- Simply add your name(s) and mark the column “Host” if you would like to hold the dinner in your home.
- The host provides the main course and wine if desired. Each guest will bring a portion of the meal. Easy peasy!
- The committee will start matching up guests and hosts at the end of March. Dinners will be held throughout the spring (April, May, June) as each group selects a date convenient to all.
Questions? Comments? Favorite recipes? Send all to Kris or Mary.
Afternoon with Anita Renfroe
The Sounds of the Spirit Concert Series and RUMC Women’s Ministry present An Afternoon with Anita Renfroe on Sunday, March 17 at 3 p.m. This Christian comedienne, singer, and author will be sure to entertain with her unique brand of humor. Complimentary childcare is available. Tickets may be purchased in the Main office, Worship Arts office, or online at itickets.com.
The RUMC Lenten devotion, “Perspectives,” is now available throughout the church. This guide includes writing from our laity, staff, and pastors. Please pick up a guide to use as part of your Lenten journey, and take an extra one to share with a friend.
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu:
- Corned Beef and Potato Hash
- Apple Cider Braised Cabbage, Scrambled Eggs
- Soda Bread, Irish Potato and Leek Soup, Salad Bar
- Irish Bread Pudding
Seniors Enriched Living
Registration has begun for the SEL spring session. Continuing education classes in finance, art, music, history, theology and more begin March 26 and are held every Tuesday and Thursday for eight weeks in the Dodson Youth Center.
Information/registration: selroswellga.org or 770.587.3750
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Betty Smith – Mar 11
- Diane Stephens – Mar 12
- Patsy Lanham – Mar 13
- MariAnna Brown – Mar 14
- Barbara & Bob Davis – March 11, 1961 –58 years
- Sandy & Bill Griffin – March 16, 1968 – 51 years
- Virginia Thomason – relief from back issues.
- Jo Adcock – Jim Adcock’s sister who has been transferred to Manor Care
- Barbara Davis and Shirley May who are both recovering from Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- March 17 – “An Afternoon with Anita Renfroe”
- March 22-24 – Acting UP! “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament