“Before they left, the men told her, “We can guarantee your safety only if you leave this scarlet rope hanging from the window. And all your family members …. must be here inside the house.”
Sunday, March 3, 2019
The Gospel Through a Rope
The title of this Sundays lesson is: “The Gospel through a rope”. Be sure to read the scripture passage, Joshua 2:12-21 before class so you will have the background for the lesson.
We are thankful for our CUC refreshments each week. This Sunday they will be provided by Jan Ligon, Jeannie & Jim Ehlers, and Julianna Goodson
Sunday, February 24
99 members + 1 teacher = 100 total
Sunday, February 24
CUC Mardi Gras Party
Thanks to our CUC Fellowship Committee especially Mike and Garlinn Story and Bill and Patsy Lanham for the planning and putting on the Mardi Gras Party this past Thursday evening. It was really a GREAT party!
Get Ready for the Fun of Small Group Dinners!
Your Fellowship Committee is preparing for our springtime round of small group dinners. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your CUC classmates at a more intimate gathering. We encourage all, but especially our newest members, to take advantage of dining at a classmate’s home with 6 or 8 other CUC’ers. Here are the details:
- Sign-ups will be taken until March 24th. A clip board will be passed in class or you can let a committee member know by email that you would like to join in. Please Contact: Kris Taylor or Mary Serafina.
- Simply add your name(s) and mark the column “Host” if you would like to hold the dinner in your home.
- The host provides the main course and wine if desired. Each guest will bring a portion of the meal. Easy peasy!
- The committee will start matching up guests and hosts at the end of March. Dinners will be held throughout the spring (April, May, June) as each group selects a date convenient to all.
Questions? Comments? Favorite recipes? Send all to Kris or Mary.
A CPR & AID class for CUC members will be taught on this Sunday, March 3rd, at 12:30 PM, in the A Building in rooms 177 & 178 which are near the elevator. It will be taught by Teresa Dean who is a certified instructor and a member of RUMC.
This is for anyone who wants to be newly certified or recertified. The cost is $15.00 per person. We suggest you bring a snack or light lunch. The class should last approx. 1 1/2 hrs. Questions? Please contact Sharon Erdman.
Dr. Jeff Ross will lead the Lenten study “Restored: Finding Redemption in Our Mess” by Tom Berlin on Wednesdays, March 6-April 17, from 4:30-5:45 p.m. in Room 358, Chapel building.
Information/registration: rumc.com/small groups
Wednesday Night Out
Join us weekly from 4:45-6:30 p.m. for dinner in the Fellowship Hall. This week’s menu:
- Stuffed Tortellini in a Roasted Garlic Alfredo Oven Roasted Buttered Broccoli
- Garlic Bread, Chicken and Rice Soup, Salad Bar, Strawberry Shortcake
Seniors Enriched Living
Registration has begun for the SEL spring session. Continuing education classes in finance, art, music, history, theology and more begin March 26 and are held every Tuesday and Thursday for eight weeks in the Dodson Youth Center.
Information/registration: selroswellga.org or
Box Tops and Flip Tops
Keep on bringing in those accumulated box tops and flip tops for Red Bird Missions and Ronald McDonald Houses!
- Linda Boswell – Mar 4
- Johnie Wright – Mar 8
- Jo Adcock, sister of Jim Adcock, being transferred to Manor Care following pneumonia and a fall.
- Barbara Davis and Shirley May who are both recovering from Shingles
- Pat (Mrs.) Cooney as she has chemo for multiple myeloma. Her condition has improved but she will need to continue chemo. Keep her and her husband Pat in your prayers.
Please pray for needs expressed and unexpressed for friends and relatives of CUC class members who are facing illnesses, loss of loved ones, and important decisions to be made.
- March 17 – “An Afternoon with Anita Renfroe”
- March 22-24 – Acting UP! “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- April 6 – Run the River Homestretch Road Race
- May 2-4 – RUMC’s Annual Garage Sale Extravaganza
- Oct. 8-10 – CUC Retreat Amicalola Falls Lodge
- Oct. 14 – RUMC Foundation Golf Tournament